HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

D'Agostini-Stewart-Chipchura

Old
06-24-2009, 01:28 PM
Guiness time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodacious View Post
You can't add 25lbs of muscle in 3 months unless you are on the juice. He better get a wizzinator
hit the weights daily and follow the latendresse diet & he'll easily do it

Guiness time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 01:57 PM
Jakomyte

Potential starting lineup this year:

3rd line: Latendresse-Lapierre-XXX
4th line: Stewart-Chipchura-XXX

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 02:03 PM
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakomyte View Post
Potential starting lineup this year:

4th line: Stewart-Chipchura-XXX
Laraque will be on the fourth line

Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 03:09 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Put Pac on the 3rd line.

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 03:14 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viau View Post
It will all depend on how will be his staking. He needs a summer-long intensive power skating to get a chance to earn a spot. If not, he'll be gone next year.
Disagree with that too. Any skating improvements will add to his upside, but even if he stays status quo in that area, he's going to be a solid contributor to a winning NHL team. Not every useful NHL player is a good skater. Chipchura is one of those guys who has the vision and intelligence to compensate for it.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 03:40 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
Put Pac on the 3rd line.
Personally, I'd rather not see him on the Habs to start with. We want him to be a power forward and he has the power bit pretty much sorted, but the skill to go along with that power isn't quite adapted to the AHL level yet, let alone the NHL level. I'd rather give him some more time to refine his skills and build his confidence in Hamilton before bringing him up. There were too many occasions in Hamilton for my liking where he tried to beat someone one on one with skill and was stopped far too easily. That didn't always happen, he certainly had some highlight reel moments, but you could see him trying moves time and again that didn't work for him. He's not far off, but I think he needs some refinement and a little more experience.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 04:01 PM
Shabutie

I would bet anything that Chipchura will flourish under Martin. He's a much better player than most give him credit for. He'll be better than Lapierre within a season or 2.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 04:03 PM
albertabound

the best thing for him is get traded and become an impact 3 rd line player elsewhere and show everyone why he was 1st round pick.

albertabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 04:04 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodacious View Post
You can't add 25lbs of muscle in 3 months unless you are on the juice. He better get a wizzinator
Untrue. It is possible to add 2-3 pounds of muscle per week. Especially with the personal trainers and nutritionists that hockey players have access to.

Why does everyone assume that people are on "juice" because they added "x" weight in a small amount of time or because they are very muscular? Hard work and dedication can do wonders...

Old
06-24-2009, 04:05 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
I would bet anything that Chipchura will flourish under Martin. He's a much better player than most give him credit for. He'll be better than Lapierre within a season or 2.
I agree with this. Anyone who has followed his career will tell you how intelligent this guy is on this ice, exactly the type of player you need to win a championship. I hope the Habs stick with him this year.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 04:30 PM
milkshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
Chipchura = career AHL player
D`Agostini = potential top six forward
Stewart = future third line shutdown forward
Chipchura will make a good bottom 6 forward.

milkshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 05:01 PM
terreur

vCash: 50
Quote:
Damn I hate you... That is exactly what I was going to say...

But I will leave this: If anybody wants to bump this thread later: 2009/06/24 Terreur still thinks Chipchura will be a very good NHL depth player... maybe not in montreal, but he WILL be valuable to a team

terreur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 05:20 PM
David_99

Quote:
4th line: Stewart-Chipchura-Laraque
We still have Glen Metropolit under contract do we not? It'd also be tough to see us not resign Kosto for cheap.

Let's see our depth without signing any UFA:

A.Kost T.Plex S.Kost
C.Higgs M.Lappy M.D'ago
G.Lats K.Chip MaxPac
G.Stew G.Metro BGL

Spares: Maxwell, White

A.Mark J.Gorges
R.Hamr Y.Web
XXX XXX

Spares: Carle? others currently in Moscow

Price
Halak

Spares: ???

And we have what? 30Mil to spend?

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 05:39 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
I would love for someone to ask Chip how his achilles injury affected him and if it still affect him to this day. Does the kid have in him to improve his skating and foot speed 'cause actually I did not see one iota of difference as far as his skating is concerned. I just can't believe that a guy known for his character, leadership and so on would voluntarily not want to improve that trait of his game. It has to be about the injury.

But then (and I will answer for some who would be tempted...) it's not because I didn't see an improvement that he didn't improve....Though if he did, it has to be fairly small, at least in my opinion.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 05:42 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
That would be a nice, cheap fourth line. Compared to the 4 million we'd have wrapped up in Laraque-Metropolit-Kostopoulos.

gohabsgo2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 05:44 PM
juggernaut

Quote:
Untrue. It is possible to add 2-3 pounds of muscle per week. Especially with the personal trainers and nutritionists that hockey players have access to.

Why does everyone assume that people are on "juice" because they added "x" weight in a small amount of time or because they are very muscular? Hard work and dedication can do wonders...
hahaha There is no way that would be lean muscle. 2-3 lbs of muscle per week without juice on an athlete that has allready been training haha no chance. It would be mostly increase in glycogen stores, body fat and water.

juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 06:13 PM
Kman777

Chipchura will grab a spot out of training camp and never play in Hamilton again. I bet.

Kman777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 06:51 PM
DeVries*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Disagree with that too. Any skating improvements will add to his upside, but even if he stays status quo in that area, he's going to be a solid contributor to a winning NHL team. Not every useful NHL player is a good skater. Chipchura is one of those guys who has the vision and intelligence to compensate for it.
Chipchura was supposed to have vision and intelligence to compensate, but did you ever saw it when he played with Montreal? If he can't at least follow the game, he's good at what? Positioning? We aren't in the 90' ; every players need to improve their skating.

DeVries* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 07:01 PM
Kman777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viau View Post
Chipchura was supposed to have vision and intelligence to compensate, but did you ever saw it when he played with Montreal? If he can't at least follow the game, he's good at what? Positioning? We aren't in the 90' ; every players need to improve their skating.
Uhhh yes. I never saw Chipchura exposed by a quick forward.

Kman777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 07:18 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman777 View Post
Uhhh yes. I never saw Chipchura exposed by a quick forward.
I even remember Chipchura's first NHL game where he was matched up against Crosby, he played very well and was never exposed for his lack of speed.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 07:42 PM
number 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
Let's see our depth without signing any UFA:

A.Kost T.Plex S.Kost
C.Higgs M.Lappy M.D'ago
G.Lats K.Chip MaxPac
G.Stew G.Metro BGL

Spares: Maxwell, White

A.Mark J.Gorges
R.Hamr Y.Web
XXX XXX

Spares: Carle? others currently in Moscow

Price
Halak

Spares: ???

And we have what? 30Mil to spend?
if that's our starting lineup next season...we've got problems

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 07:44 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
You will all eat your words about Chipchura when we get into the play-offs with him. He'll have some Talbot-esque moments.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 07:52 PM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
I even remember Chipchura's first NHL game where he was matched up against Crosby, he played very well and was never exposed for his lack of speed.
I do too... & you are right. Chips has been seen banishment, due to his incredibly poor faceoff skills, and slew footedness.
I do know it aint the nineties, however Chipchura is going to be an effective forward, a key cog if you will.
I also am in the belief that the 4th line center position is HIS to lose, and this training camp, with a contract on par with the other regular veterans (in that he is harder to move across the waiver wire).

One on one, he does IMO earn that fourth line role LAST YEAR.

2 way contracts work in mysterious ways though... (cough cough, Bobby Ryan). Chips aint a Ryan, but Ryan aint a Chip either.

He'll earn a spot this year, and between him and Lapierre, they will cement the 3/4 position down with ease.

As many of said, Chipchura was above AHL talent this year, and IMO he's an UPGRADE over Metropolit.

However as for Stewart, He's IMO not the right guy. Sticking Chips between Stewart & Laraque is not good symmetry. Chips needs one guy who can bury the biscuit beside him as well,

From what I understand, D'agostini has great synergy to Chipchura's game.

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 08:26 PM
Bodacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
hahaha There is no way that would be lean muscle. 2-3 lbs of muscle per week without juice on an athlete that has allready been training haha no chance. It would be mostly increase in glycogen stores, body fat and water.
Exactly, Stewart isn't a refuge camp survivor. If he can put on 10 lbs over the summer, that would be a lot.

Bodacious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 08:41 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
It really depends. I'm just saying it's possible for someone who's not on "the juice" to do it. It would be easier for say a beginner to do this, but then again I never said anything about an athlete... You said that.

I also did not say "lean muscle". You will add water weight + some fat (though some beginners won't add much if any body fat).

I once added 12 pounds in 2 weeks (without creatine); believe it or not I actually lost nearly an inch off my waist... Gained 1 inch on my arms... This was after a 1 year hiatus of bodybuilding. Most of that can be attributed to muscle memory... But it's just to say that the statement he made was inaccurate.

I'm starting to work out again next week (after a 6ishmonth hiatus) and can post pics of my progression if you want proof. Guarantee that I will add 10ish pounds of mass in 2-3 weeks and 1 inch on my arms, 2 inches on my chest and lose some off my waist.

We can continue this debate by PM, let the others get back on topic