HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

3 Washington proposals

Old
06-24-2009, 11:45 AM
Alex28*

vCash: 500
3 Washington proposals

I'm probably gonna be flamed to hell and fellow Caps fans will probably put me on ignore for this, but here they are.

Karl Alzner and one of Tomas Fleischmann OR 1st for Claude Giroux - gives Washington a long-term center for Semin who is a good all-around player and would become a part of the core. Gives the Flyers a great defensive prospect to add to Sbisa and Parent and another useful asset.

Michal Neuvirth, Shaone Morrisson, 2nd for Denis Grebeshkov - Capitals get a 2nd pairing puckmover who is comfortable in his own end as well, something that I think is their most pressing need after an elite 2nd line center. He's also young and I believe can potentially become close to a Markov caliber defenseman. Edmonton gets a blue chip netminding prospect, a serviceable stay at home defenseman (which they lack) and a 2nd round pick in a deep draft. If this is completely unbalanced, replace Morrisson with Osala, though I think it's fair.

Michael Nylander, Sami Lepisto, 3rd '10 for Jeff Finger, - swap of bad contracts in Nylander and Finger, but Nylander's is worse and, even if he's overpaid Capitals could use a shutdown defenseman of Finger's caliber. Toronto gets a makeshift 1st line center for the next 2 years who could mentor MSP if Toronto ends up drafting him (he did a pretty good job with Backstrom). Lepisto and a 3rd should be enough to make up the difference, since Lepisto is a pretty good offensive D prospect (always produced immediately when called up) and Toronto seems to be short on offensive D prospects.

Just want to see if those trades would be balanced. Capitals would be left with a lineup

Ovechkin - Backstrom - ??? (Kotalik is only natural RW I can think of who would be affordable and not look out of place)
Semin - Giroux - Laich (complete 2nd line, substantial upgrade from projected current line of Semin - ??? - ???)
Bourque - Steckel - Fehr (looked good in Hershey)
Clark - Gordon - Bradley

Green Poti
Grebeshkov Finger
Pothier/Jurcina Erskine

Theodore
Varlamov

Which I personally believe is a significantly upgraded lineup even with losses of Fedorov and Kozlov factored in, and can be a consistent lineup for a long time (Ovechkin, Backstrom, Semin, Giroux and Laich being mainstays, as well as Green and Grebeshkov, with Carlson coming up to replace Poti or Finger when time is right).

Now, obviously there is no chance of any of these happening in real life (welcome to 98% of trade proposals). So flame and flame hard.

Last edited by Alex28*: 06-24-2009 at 02:43 PM.
Alex28* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 11:47 AM
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth

vCash: 1550
Wow these are terrible. Karl Alzner on his own > Giroux as a prospect, I don't care what the homer Flyers fans say. Severe overrating over Giroux and Grebeshkov and massive underrating of Capital's players and prospects.

HockeyThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 11:48 AM
Selanne08*

d-man > forward

no go with king karl

Selanne08* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 11:52 AM
Heaters not lazt*

Not sure what Giroux has done to get that kind of return

Heaters not lazt* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 11:54 AM
IBLeaf*

Haha, no.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 11:55 AM
EroCaps

Holy lack of value.

EroCaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 12:02 PM
Langway
Flow➜Grow

vCash: 50
Brutal...the lot of them.

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 12:04 PM
Andrew

Stop trying. Please. These wouldn't even work in NHL 09.

All 3 of those the Caps get reamed on.

Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 12:09 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
Wow these are terrible. Karl Alzner on his own > Giroux as a prospect, I don't care what the homer Flyers fans say. Severe overrating over Giroux and Grebeshkov and massive underrating of Capital's players and prospects.
"as a prospect" is the problem...Giroux's already proven he's a completely effective NHLer....in fact, he was our best player for quite a few stretches...has Alzner proven any of that in the NHL?

I'm just making a case here for Claude, whom you're comparing with Alzner "as a prospect", when Claude's gone to the next level already,

NOW, with that being said..there's no ****ing way the Caps make that Giroux trade.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 12:15 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex28 View Post
Michal , Shaone Morrisson, 2nd for Denis Grebeshkov - Capitals get a 2nd pairing puckmover who is comfortable in his own end as well, something Just want to see if those trades would be balanced. Capitals would be left with a lineup

From an oiler perspective we do not need another goalie--with JDD and DD in the system already.

But I think the wild card is how much Mossiron wants. Grbs has reportedly agreed to a 3y 10mill dael with the oilers--Morrison is also a rfa and how much does he want.

I like that Morrison eats up icetime of +15min per game.

Don't know about my fellow oiler fans, while not against a Morrison for Grebs trade. Morrison+ a 2nd for Grebs--not sure if I would sign off on that deal from the oilers perspective.

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 12:15 PM
dashtary*

Proposal: 1st, Flash, Poti, Schultz,+ Prospect for Kessel?
Is that too little for him?

dashtary* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 12:16 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashtary View Post
Who's Flash

Old
06-24-2009, 12:20 PM
Andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
Who's Flash
Fleischmann

Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 12:20 PM
dashtary*

Quote:
Who's Flash
fleischmann

dashtary* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 12:22 PM
Heaters not lazt*

Quote:
Very much too little.

Heaters not lazt* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 12:30 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraser View Post
Haha, no.
why not as a leafs fan I brought up a swap loosely based around Nylander and Finger. We can pick up some decent assets in taking on Nylander. His contract also expires at the right time. I think it's a decent basis for a proposal

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 12:30 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Seems like you're getting rid of a decent amount of guys you probably don't care much for (aside from the 1st) for a really good player

Old
06-24-2009, 12:31 PM
Backstrom #19
Trotz for president

Quote:
"as a prospect" is the problem...Giroux's already proven he's a completely effective NHLer....in fact, he was our best player for quite a few stretches...has Alzner proven any of that in the NHL?

I'm just making a case here for Claude, whom you're comparing with Alzner "as a prospect", when Claude's gone to the next level already,

NOW, with that being said..there's no ****ing way the Caps make that Giroux trade.
King Karl played 30 games with the Caps average about 20 minutes per game. That's pretty impressive for a 20 year old. He also only took 1 minor penalty(Delay of game) in his games in Washington.

You see all the time, 20 year old defenceman come in and have to take obstruction penalty's because they can't keep up with the speed or strength of NHL players. Not with Alzner, he's so smart. He could have played all year with the Caps, but 1. We were to close to the cap ceiling, and 2. Mcphee doesn't like to rush his defenceman into the NHL.

Backstrom #19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 12:34 PM
Backstrom #19
Trotz for president

Quote:
Seems like you're getting rid of a decent amount of guys you probably don't care much for (aside from the 1st) for a really good player
No. Those are important players for the Caps. Flash is a top-6 winger for Washington. Poti is our rock defensively, Schultz is 22 years old and plays 20 minutes a night.

Backstrom #19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 12:37 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaters not lazt View Post
Not sure what Giroux has done to get that kind of return
ya really

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 12:37 PM
AK

The Caps get screwed on the first one. Giroux for Alzner in a straight up swap (or close to it) would be more realistic.

The second one is fine. Maybe a little overpayment by the Caps, but fine.

The third one just makes no sense for either team.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 12:38 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

The first one is just plain brutal, the second one is an overpayment, and the third wouldn't be agreed to by Toronto.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
strungout
Professional Killer

I mean....really?

strungout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstrom #19 View Post
King Karl played 30 games with the Caps average about 20 minutes per game. That's pretty impressive for a 20 year old. He also only took 1 minor penalty(Delay of game) in his games in Washington.

You see all the time, 20 year old defenceman come in and have to take obstruction penalty's because they can't keep up with the speed or strength of NHL players. Not with Alzner, he's so smart. He could have played all year with the Caps, but 1. We were to close to the cap ceiling, and 2. Mcphee doesn't like to rush his defenceman into the NHL.

I was more just saying that Giroux had an amazing impact on the Flyers, and did Karl do the same? other than being good for his age/position?

I like Alzner a lot, but I don't want to be called a homer just because one Caps fan hasn't seen enough of Giroux play yet to judge.

Old
06-24-2009, 12:43 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
The first one is just plain brutal, the second one is an overpayment, and the third wouldn't be agreed to by Toronto.
This could very well be the exact type of trade the leafs are looking to make to pick up more assets.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote