HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kings - Toronto the #5 dilemma...

Old
06-24-2009, 08:18 PM
IBLeaf*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post

man........... stay away from your crack pipe..........

how many NOOOOOOOOO's do you need on that one ???????

Let's face it.........

everything depends on MPS........

if he is available at # 7.......
we trade #5 09 ........ for #7 09 + 1st rounder 2010...........
everything else will be rejected by Lombardi........

before you guys start that overvaluing crap....
read what Lombardi said........

that means huge Overpayment or no # 5 for you.......

take it as it is...... and stop that freaking Kaberle Kaberle shoping
You are probably the worst poster on these boards. You want a 1st to move up two spots? Pass me the pipe next.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 08:32 PM
1234rer

It has already been made clear that Burke(said himself) really wants to move up in the draft, he exposed his cards and teams will take advantage of that fact. If you think it's not going to cost Burke an overpayment to move up in the draft, you are kidding yourself.

1234rer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 08:46 PM
Shellz

Can't wait to see him with a Kings jersey on

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 08:47 PM
Predsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraser View Post
You are probably the worst poster on these boards. You want a 1st to move up two spots? Pass me the pipe next.
not only a first but TOR first that will be anywhere from 1-17 overall... SOME kings fans on here are crazy....

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 08:51 PM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsrule View Post
not only a first but TOR first that will be anywhere from 1-17 overall... SOME kings fans on here are crazy....
L.Schenn at 5 cost TOR the 7th and 68th in 2008 and the 37th in 2009.
B.Schenn would probably cost TOR the 7th and 50th overall in 2009 and either the 58th in 2009 or a 3rd in 2010.

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 08:54 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by nK View Post
L.Schenn at 5 cost TOR the 7th and 68th in 2008 and the 37th in 2009.
B.Schenn would probably cost TOR the 7th and 50th overall in 2009 and either the 58th in 2009 or a 3rd in 2010.
Probably this

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 09:58 PM
embracedbias

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I sort of agree with this. If Schenn is the player Lombardi really wants, then it is going to cost Burke a lot to move up and get him. If Lombardi has a player in mind other than Schenn, Burke could just wait and Schenn probably falls into his lap.

That is unless Lombardi has a player in mind that he can get further down, say in the 8-12 range and one of those teams wants to move up and grab Schenn. Now that's something Burke should worry about, and he would certainly have to pay up if he covets Schenn. There's going to be some interesting poker being played here.

Personally, I would just keep the pick and take Schenn. Good #2 centers don't grow on trees.
I would hold the same opinion if I were in your position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post

man........... stay away from your crack pipe..........

how many NOOOOOOOOO's do you need on that one ???????

Let's face it.........

everything depends on MPS........

if he is available at # 7.......
we trade #5 09 ........ for #7 09 + 1st rounder 2010...........
everything else will be rejected by Lombardi........

before you guys start that overvaluing crap....
read what Lombardi said........

that means huge Overpayment or no # 5 for you.......

take it as it is...... and stop that freaking Kaberle Kaberle shoping
one thing that I don't understand.......is why you write like this.......

I know one thing though.....

you don't know what you are talking about......
a 1st rounder to move up two spots........ thats pure stupidity....

embracedbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 10:13 PM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

I don't know what value it would take for Toronto to move up from 7th to 5th, and I wouldn't mind drafting Schenn and swapping him for MPS, but I don't want Ian White on my team for ANY reason. Now if you want to put in some 2nd rounders or another good character prospect for the extra year we would have to wait for MPS to make it to the NHL vs. Schenn, Kane or whomever is at 5, then lets talk. I wouldn't give my 5th rounder for White let alone make him part of the package for the 5th overall. He's a bad character guy from everything I've heard and read about him.

- R

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 11:20 PM
glucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
While it wouldn't take Kaberle to move up two spots, it'd take more than Ian ****ing White.
well, Burke has already been offered a 2nd rounder for White, and he turned it down... so that's a good benchmark to gauge the guy's value.

Last year, it took a 2nd and a 3rd to move from 7th to 5th... and the difference in talent available was higher. Also, the likelihood of those 2nd and 3rd round picks combined being as good as White is rather low... so White+7th for 5th is not that bad a deal

glucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 11:23 PM
Kessel>Seguin +
Not Even A Big Fan!!

Come on White>>>>> Doughty lol

In all serious though White does has some decent value now but no way in hell this much lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
No? Why the hell would we want Ian White?

Kessel>Seguin + is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 03:42 AM
KINGSFAN4LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Sexy Flanders View Post
To LA: Picks #7,#50 & #58
To TOR: Pick #5, Brian Boyle, Tom Preissing
deal maybe toronto throws in poni and were set...

KINGSFAN4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 03:53 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsword View Post
Gonna re-state this for all the Kings fans whos feelings are somehow hurt.

Picks 1-4 are gamebreakers. Schenn is not in that category, neither is MSP. They bring different skillsets Schenn is a playmaking center with a solid two way game, comporable to Mike Richards or more realistically Brendan Morrow.

Svenson-Paajarvi is an amazing skater with good vision who can finish, he has played with men since he was 16, his numbers are not astronomical but he has not had privelage of working with legendary coaches and the training staff we have here in North America. A good comparison is Kopitar, both skillwise and size wise Forsberg is taking it beyond the kids god given ability.

Schenn and MSP are on the same level. Different skill sets, but the same category.
They will more likely be very good second line players where your Kanes and Duchenes will be first liners.

Boyle and Purcell are both ready for offersheets. No need to include them unless your asking for the rights to talk to them for a week (which I don't think you can do anywho)

I didn't suggest Kaberle or Kubina because of their ages and bloated contracts. Doughty will be better then either of these guys will make 4-5 million when his ELC is over with the new cap coming in.
And I'm going to re-state this just for the common good. We really have no clue what the players will turn out like. The 11th pick could be the gamebreaker for all we know...or the 53rd or 171st

And you don't think Mike Richards is a gamebreaker? I suggest you watch the Flyers a little more closely. All those shorthanders were certainly gamebreaking, and that's really the least of his accomplishments.

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 04:35 AM
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome

Who's Patrick Mullen? And why is Kings giving up their 2nd rounder?

Anyways, the Kings could get more in the trade. They'll know Leafs would be selecting B Schenn with the 5th and could easily gouge Burkie for a bit more.

MeowLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 07:55 AM
IBLeaf*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
I don't know what value it would take for Toronto to move up from 7th to 5th, and I wouldn't mind drafting Schenn and swapping him for MPS, but I don't want Ian White on my team for ANY reason. Now if you want to put in some 2nd rounders or another good character prospect for the extra year we would have to wait for MPS to make it to the NHL vs. Schenn, Kane or whomever is at 5, then lets talk. I wouldn't give my 5th rounder for White let alone make him part of the package for the 5th overall. He's a bad character guy from everything I've heard and read about him.

- R
I can see why you don't want Ian White to move down, but he's not a bad character guy but any stretch of the imagination.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote