HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm-Nsh

Old
06-24-2009, 07:18 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Oiler fans would never be on board with this. As a fanbase they don't condone players that hit to hurt. Considering that is Tootoo's main objective, it just won't fly in E-town.

Nilsson would probably not entice Nashville into trading a fan favourite in Tootoo.
Hit to hurt??? Nothing wrong with that as long as it is a LEGAL hit. No knee to knee cheap crap, no elbows to the head, etc. Nothing wrong with a big hit that's clean, in fact I rather enjoy those types of hits.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 08:01 PM
doubledown99

Quote:
Oiler fans would never be on board with this. As a fanbase they don't condone players that hit to hurt. Considering that is Tootoo's main objective, it just won't fly in E-town.

Nilsson would probably not entice Nashville into trading a fan favourite in Tootoo.
Are you kidding.....as an Oiler fan I would love Tootoo on my team. We haven't had a player like him since Marchment.

We NEED a player like Tootoo or Ott on the team. The problem is players like them are never available in trade.

If Nashville is considering the proposed trade I think they are crazy. I think on some level it makes sense as Nilsson is better offensively than Tootoo and could develop into a first line player. But right now Nilsson isn't there and I am not sure if he will ever get there (though Pitt probably thought the same thing of Naslund when they traded him to Van and look how that turned out).

doubledown99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 08:48 PM
Chayos

I wonder why Nashville would do this deal. I am an oiler fan and would love to add Tootoo to our 4th line.

I would see if Nashville would rather have a choice of these roster players instead of the pick.

Staois, Moreau, Pouliot or Pisani.

Chayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 12:15 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos View Post
I wonder why Nashville would do this deal. I am an oiler fan and would love to add Tootoo to our 4th line.

I would see if Nashville would rather have a choice of these roster players instead of the pick.

Staois, Moreau, Pouliot or Pisani.
I wouldn't want any of those forwards, but would love to add Staios, even though his contract may be a bit much for a player who's starting to get up there in years a little.

The fact of the matter is, we need players with offensive creativity, and Nilsson has that. He is still developing, but Nashville is more than willing to take on a reclamation project if it means getting a young, skilled forward (regardless of position, but preferably on the wing) to add to the lineup. His contract is pretty hefty, but I would consider it an investment as much as a gamble.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 12:19 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Oilers fans would go crazy with joy with a trade like that.

Maybe Nilson + a 2nd might be more fair, because Tootoo is very effective.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 01:00 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Oilers fans would go crazy with joy with a trade like that.

Maybe Nilson + a 2nd might be more fair, because Tootoo is very effective.
You Edmonton fans sure are awfully generous. Would you like dinner and a movie, too?

Out of curiosity, how often does Nilsson play center anymore?

Old
06-25-2009, 01:04 AM
dillster

I do like tootoo but i think edmonton is already good on 4th line bangers with storts, big mac, JFJ

dillster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 01:50 AM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cawz View Post
The thing about Tootoo is when he injured Hemsky, he stood up and fought afterwards with Moreau. Moreau even said in an interview afterwards that Tootoo had more honour than other players in the league of his ilk since he would answer the call for the hit, even though it was a legal hit.

I dont know enough about Tootoo to say if this is the rule or the exception with him, but I specifically remember that incident and Moreau's comments. Cooke and Ruutu will never be described with the word "honourable".
Exactly. As soon as I saw Cao's comment that's the first thing I thought of. Equally as effective as Cooke or Ruutu, but a guy you respect afterwards (unlike the aforementioned). Would be an instant Tootoo fan, and would have to think he'd be happy here long-term due to proximity of his upbringing. The Oil have made great efforts in extending their representation into the far north.

I would think Nilsson str8 up is good enough, given both players potential(s)... (Nilsson could be great, could be average. Anybody quick to dispel this tell me what they thought of Huselius when he first entered the league. Very comparable if you ask me).

Roof Daddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 01:57 AM
Laszlo Panaflex

The Oilers can have Chris Neil on July 1, and it won't cost them anything off their roster.

Laszlo Panaflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 01:59 AM
Laszlo Panaflex

Just because Tootoo answered the bell after one hit does not make him an honourable player. He's a punk and a disgrace to the game.

Laszlo Panaflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 02:28 AM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

vCash: 50
Tootoo out of the central would be nice. But I still want to see Janssen beat the tar out of him. Came so close last year but the puss wouldn't drop his gloves. I just want to see Bam Bam Cam beat his ass.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 02:43 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshniak View Post
Tootoo out of the central would be nice. But I still want to see Janssen beat the tar out of him. Came so close last year but the puss wouldn't drop his gloves. I just want to see Bam Bam Cam beat his ass.
He's still seeing that massive pair of lefts he received at the hands of Belak, in a fight which he started, after a clean hit by Belak.

Old
06-25-2009, 03:10 AM
PDO

Send a message via AIM to PDO
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b1AnPr1nc355 View Post
tootoo = super glencross. Sign me up
Except for the penalty killing and goal scoring part...

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
You Edmonton fans sure are awfully generous. Would you like dinner and a movie, too?

Out of curiosity, how often does Nilsson play center anymore?
Never. Strict winger, generally left.

PDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 07:52 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I'm a Nashville fan and I would do it for a 3rd and Nilsson. Pihlstrom can be the pest Nashville needs and Belak is the enforcer. Also this might give Nashville a chance to pull some talent up from Milwaukee to fill the 3rd/4th lines.

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 09:49 AM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerzFRLife View Post
absolutely not for edmonton. tootoo is a goon. the mans a disgrace. you bet nashville would take this deal..
Quote:

Ken Linesmen, Bryan Marchment, and Chris Pronger send their regards.....

Anything more than a 4th rounder and I'd rather keep Nilsson to see what Quinn, and Renney can do with him. MacT wasn't the best coach for soft skilled wingers

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 10:16 AM
gonzo11
Give the dog a bone

I would take Nilsson for Tootoo --but tossing a draft ppick in from the oilers kills the deal for me. Reminds me of Courtnall for Kordic deal

gonzo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 10:17 AM
God
Free Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Exactly. As soon as I saw Cao's comment that's the first thing I thought of. Equally as effective as Cooke or Ruutu, but a guy you respect afterwards (unlike the aforementioned). Would be an instant Tootoo fan, and would have to think he'd be happy here long-term due to proximity of his upbringing. The Oil have made great efforts in extending their representation into the far north.

I would think Nilsson str8 up is good enough, given both players potential(s)... (Nilsson could be great, could be average. Anybody quick to dispel this tell me what they thought of Huselius when he first entered the league. Very comparable if you ask me).
Just because you stay around and fight after attempting to injure a player doesn't make you "respected", especially when Tootoo has done that type of thing way more than Cooke or Ruutu ever has.

I would've thought that most Oilers fans would hate getting Tootoo after seeing countless posts about how they'd never want a player like that on their team, which is absolutely fine. I guess that isn't the case.

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 10:18 AM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b1AnPr1nc355 View Post
tootoo = super glencross. Sign me up
Except for the being a pretty hockey player part.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 10:19 AM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Paniflex View Post
Just because Tootoo answered the bell after one hit does not make him an honourable player. He's a punk and a disgrace to the game.
I agree totally.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 11:06 AM
Mentallydull

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMacdonald View Post
Don't want the idiot.
This.

Mentallydull is offline   Reply With Quote