HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tuomo Ruutu to Ottawa

Old
06-25-2009, 12:54 PM
impeach estaalo
timgleson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
It seems to be popular to want the Ruutu brothers reunited somewhere. Pens fans always seemed to want to trade for Tuomo back when we had Jarkko around. I'm not surprised that Ottawa wants to do the same now.

I just don't see what Ottawa has to offer, though. Heatley, Volchenkov, Speeza etc. are too much for Tuomo Ruutu and most of the others aren't enough or aren't good fits for what Carolina needs.

What about Foligno? Ottawa seems to love the kid, but you have to give to get.

That probably won't happen, though. I think it's more likely Jarkko winds up in Carolina than Tuomo winding up in Ottawa.

What do you think the value of Jarkko to Carolina is?
The value of Jarkko to Carolina is likely nothing. He's making $1.3M/yr for the next two years and would be on the fourth line, so unless the Senators want one of the beautiful contracts of Kaberle/Wallin/Walker (or Brind'amour! ) there's nothing that would work salary-wise.

A number of people on the 'Canes board wanted to sign Jarkko last offseason and unite the brothers. Of course, $1.3M/yr is way too steep for a good hockey player so we signed Brookbank/Conboy/Melichar to one-way deals worth a combined $2M.

impeach estaalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 01:44 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
It seems to be popular to want the Ruutu brothers reunited somewhere. Pens fans always seemed to want to trade for Tuomo back when we had Jarkko around. I'm not surprised that Ottawa wants to do the same now.

I just don't see what Ottawa has to offer, though. Heatley, Volchenkov, Speeza etc. are too much for Tuomo Ruutu and most of the others aren't enough or aren't good fits for what Carolina needs.

What about Foligno? Ottawa seems to love the kid, but you have to give to get.

That probably won't happen, though. I think it's more likely Jarkko winds up in Carolina than Tuomo winding up in Ottawa.

What do you think the value of Jarkko to Carolina is?
What in return?

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 02:06 PM
Tatanik

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
Volchenkov for Ruutu?

I'll pass thanks, Volchenkov is one of the most underrated defenceman in the NHL

Tatanik is offline   Reply With Quote