HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ana/bos

Old
06-24-2009, 06:06 PM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

vCash: 500
Ana/bos

If Niedermayer chooses to return:

To Boston: Chris Pronger, Andrew Ebbett, Erik Christensen

To Anaheim: Patrice Bergeron, Aaron Ward, Joe Colbourne, negotiating rights to Steve Mondator, 2nd round pick

Boston gets a couple of decent young forwards, as well as a menacing defense with Chara and Pronger. Anaheim gets their second line center for years to come, a solid defenseman(possibly two), a very talented center prospect and a draft pick. Flame away.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 06:09 PM
LordLucic*

I'd do it. I would hate to lose Patrice but what a defense we would have!

LordLucic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 06:12 PM
Beesfan

Yeah, that's a deal I'd probably do. Though if Patrice never gets traded that's fine with me too.

Beesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 06:13 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

As a Ducks fan, I'd do it.

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 06:14 PM
c4rcy
Power lvls over 9000

If pronger can resign in Boston, it's pretty even. Regardless, I would take it in a beat.

Montador is extremely underrated as a D. Plays with a lot of heart and can surprisingly move the puck well in his own zone. Pronger and Chara to other forwards is like ZOMG

c4rcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 06:15 PM
LordLucic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4rcy View Post
If pronger can resign in Boston, it's pretty even.

Montador is extremely underrated as a D. Plays with a lot of heart and can surprisingly move the puck well in his own zone. Pronger and Chara to other forwards is like ZOMG
Montador must be perfect for Anaheim's system because he was absolutely garbage for 90% of his time in Boston.

Old
06-24-2009, 06:19 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

I'd also accept that deal. It's going to be interesting to see what Pronger will fetch exactly, but I think Patrice Bergeron is a perfect fit for our second line. Colborne as the second big piece of the trade becomes somewhat questionable when you have Getzlaf/Bergeron as your centers for the forseeable future, but he's obviously a great prospect. Montador was pretty good for us as well and would help fill the void left by Pronger.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 06:20 PM
c4rcy
Power lvls over 9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLucic View Post
Montador must be perfect for Anaheim's system because he was absolutely garbage for 90% of his time in Boston.
He was mostly used as a 4th line F in B-town if I am correct. 20 points for a 5-6 D wasn't bad for us at all. Even got some PP time.

Guess Julien's defensive system wasn't the best for him.

Old
06-24-2009, 06:21 PM
LordLucic*

Quote:
He was mostly used as a 4th line F in B-town if I am correct. 20 points for a 5-6 D wasn't bad for us at all. Even got some PP time.

Guess Julien's defensive system wasn't the best for him.
He was only used as a forward for like 4 or 5 games, the rest he was used on defense but just wasn't very good. Turn overs, not moving the puck, bad positioning.

The only thing he excelled at in Boston was on the PK.

Old
06-24-2009, 06:23 PM
Heaters not lazt*

One of the better deals for Pronger I've seen... At the trade deadline had either a huge offer (Bergeron, Kessel+) going to ANA or an offer that wouldn't get any top2 D-man (1st rounder, Hamil).

I don't know if I do it from Boston's standpoint... If Bergeron comes back to form (which I see as very possible) it would hurt the Bruins pretty bad.

A few smaller issues: I don't see Christensen fitting in with Boston at all... And why would Anaheim want Montador? I didn't see much of him there but in Boston the guy was a mess save 3 or so games.

Heaters not lazt* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 06:24 PM
Heaters not lazt*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
I'd also accept that deal. It's going to be interesting to see what Pronger will fetch exactly, but I think Patrice Bergeron is a perfect fit for our second line. Colborne as the second big piece of the trade becomes somewhat questionable when you have Getzlaf/Bergeron as your centers for the forseeable future, but he's obviously a great prospect. Montador was pretty good for us as well and would help fill the void left by Pronger.
If Colborne pans out to be as good as some think you could always move Bergy to wing... I think he'd be more effective there... Offensively at least.

Old
06-24-2009, 06:27 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaters not lazt View Post
And why would Anaheim want Montador? I didn't see much of him there but in Boston the guy was a mess save 3 or so games.
He was actually really, really solid almost all year for us until he got traded. It just seemed to be a good fit for him in Anaheim and about every fan was a little disappointed when he got traded and only understood it because everyone expected him to be due for a big raise come offseason. Tough to say, he just worked really well within our system and I think most would take him back on the Ducks without second thoughts...

Old
06-24-2009, 06:29 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
If Colborne pans out to be as good as some think you could always move Bergy to wing... I think he'd be more effective there... Offensively at least.
That sounds like a decent option. I didn't know Bergy had any experience as a winger. That would help (in the long run)...

Old
Randall Graves*

Boston would win the cup with Pronger, Chara, and Wideman commanding their defense

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
c4rcy
Power lvls over 9000

Quote:
I thought the Ducks were pursuing Colborne at the trade deadline, so it would be really nice to see him in the organization.

Old
06-24-2009, 06:31 PM
Heaters not lazt*

Quote:
I thought the Ducks were pursuing Colborne at the trade deadline, so it would be really nice to see him in the organization.
Pronger is the only D-man on the market that I'd offer Colborne in a package for (Sorry Toronto fans... Kaberle isn't as good as Pronger). I think the kid has one of the highest ceilings in the draft from last season.

Old
06-24-2009, 06:52 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

I think this seems pretty fair for both sides although I think Bergeron is going to have a great year. This is so tempting for Bruins fans who have dreamed of Chara - Pronger for the run this year.

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 06:55 PM
Alex28*

Negotiation rights to Steve ****ing Montador seal the deal.

Alex28* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 06:59 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex28 View Post
Negotiation rights to Steve ****ing Montador seal the deal.
You may be laughing, but sure, it helps. It's obviously no deal breaker, but since he's been really good with us until he was traded it makes a lot of sense for the Ducks to ask the Bruins to throw in his rights, especially since they don't hold about any value to the Bruins since he did not perform very well for them after the deadline.

Old
06-24-2009, 07:14 PM
The Depahted

Sign me up.

Maybe throw in the negotiating rights to Bret Hedican to ice the cake for BOS

The Depahted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 08:41 PM
cheg1349

I think this is the only trade thread I've ever read where the OP managed to avoid getting ripped to pieces by at least one person.
Kudos good sir.

cheg1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 08:51 PM
Flames Fanatic
Unclenched

vCash: 1127
Wow. Nobody doesn't like this trade.

Kudos! And fax this offer to the GM's!

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 09:02 PM
Alex28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
Wow. Nobody doesn't like this trade.

Kudos! And fax this offer to the GM's!
If I was Anaheim's fan I'd have reservations dealing for Bergeron considering his recent production relative to his cap hit, and his concussion history, but I'd hate to **** on everyone's parade, so it's A-ok.

Alex28* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 09:11 PM
Heaters not lazt*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex28 View Post
If I was Anaheim's fan I'd have reservations dealing for Bergeron considering his recent production relative to his cap hit, and his concussion history, but I'd hate to **** on everyone's parade, so it's A-ok.
He PLayed 18 minutes a night on the 2nd best team in the Regular season... At worst, you get around 40-50 points with great defensive play.

At best you get At LEAST 70 points with Selke caliber defensive play.

Old
06-24-2009, 09:13 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Damn, Pronger and Zdeno Chara? Don't think Anaheim does it though. Patrice hasn't fully recovered from his concussion. Too big a risk.

Switch the second with a first and switch Bergeron with the rights to Kessel and it's a done deal though.

Man I just noticed a ducks fan proposed this. Bergeron is getting paid stupid money(even for what he brought pre-concussion). Not an ideal trade imo.

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote