HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blackburn article - Globe & Mail

Closed Thread

Old
03-27-2004, 09:16 AM
John Flyers Fan

vCash: 500
Blackburn article - Globe & Mail

http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/...PSports/Hockey

Doesn't sound too promising.

Old
03-27-2004, 09:22 AM
Fletch

Thanks John...

I think we'll know more Wednesday after the surgery. It's exploratory, I believe, and we'll see what they find. Losing a year sucks big time. With some hard work in the offseason if he's afforded it, perhaps he can still turn out to be a player.

Old
03-27-2004, 09:32 AM
dumpsathernow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
I think we'll know more Wednesday after the surgery. It's exploratory, I believe, and we'll see what they find. Losing a year sucks big time. With some hard work in the offseason if he's afforded it, perhaps he can still turn out to be a player.
hope he does get better he is the future in net for NYR, in the mean time who knows maybe we need to get lundqvist here and get him started he is supposed to be a good goaltending prospect very good if he looks good incamp maybe get him up here if we have to keep dunham and let dunham back him up for get that actually move dunham buy him out whatever he is soft and sucks hope valiquette does well he is a good goalie and only 26 would love to see him up here also i think he will be good for us liked him even when he was with NYI

Old
03-27-2004, 09:37 AM
Broadway Brett

:mad: The only prospect that's not a nutcase gets ruined by injuries damn this world

Old
03-27-2004, 10:24 AM
Profet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay 'n skeeta
hope he does get better he is the future in net for NYR, in the mean time who knows maybe we need to get lundqvist here and get him started he is supposed to be a good goaltending prospect very good if he looks good incamp maybe get him up here if we have to keep dunham and let dunham back him up for get that actually move dunham buy him out whatever he is soft and sucks hope valiquette does well he is a good goalie and only 26 would love to see him up here also i think he will be good for us liked him even when he was with NYI
here you go... I think you were missing lost yours: . (a period)

Old
03-27-2004, 10:52 AM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profet
here you go... I think you were missing lost yours: . (a period)
Among other things.

Old
03-28-2004, 12:23 PM
RANGER#11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay 'n skeeta
I realy like Blackie but I think that Lundqvist is just as good and also could be are future goalie. Won't it be nice for us to have the proulblem of picking between the to of them.

Old
03-28-2004, 12:51 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER#11
I realy like Blackie but I think that Lundqvist is just as good and also could be are future goalie. Won't it be nice for us to have the proulblem of picking between the to of them.
have you seen him play??? i really cant understand how you could think that without seeing him.. stats only tell so much...

Old
03-28-2004, 02:47 PM
Broadway Brett

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall
have you seen him play??? i really cant understand how you could think that without seeing him.. stats only tell so much...
We trust what we read, and people say he is great

Old
03-30-2004, 03:46 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Best of luck to Blackie tomorrow... hopefully the surgery goes well and he gets back on track....

(Stupid Banana Icon)

Old
03-30-2004, 07:48 PM
NYR2

Uuughhh I'm really really nervous. =|

Old
03-30-2004, 07:53 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadway Crosby
We trust what we read, and people say he is great
that is a little naive

btw blackburns surgery is set for tomorrow morning, this can affect more then his career and that is a sad thing, i wish him the best

Old
03-31-2004, 10:43 AM
Potter

Send a message via AIM to Potter
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan

I hope he just takes the time to relax and be a normal kid. It's not like he's in a wheel chair or neck brace, he just can't lift anything heavy or play around with it. He's a 20 year old kid living in NYC who makes over a mil a year. Live it up and when it starts to feel better, take it as they say to do, inch by inch, and sooner or later he'll be fine and back. He kind of comming off as sounding depressed about it.

Old
03-31-2004, 11:05 AM
BLACKBURN

Fingers crossed blackie! He is a truly great kid and has/had the potential to be a great goaltender. Lundquist intrigues me. Most people who have seen him in sweden say hes great, especially those who watch him regularly.

Old
03-31-2004, 11:41 AM
pld459666

You're right, but

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall

Henrik is a 22 year old kid playing against men and is arguably the best goalie in the SEL right now.

That league is head and shoulders better than the WHL and while numbers only tell part of the story, that part is hugh.

Personally all that I have read about him leads me to believe that when he does come across the pond he's going to make it really hard for the Rangers management to decide on who to go with.

Just an opinion

Old
03-31-2004, 02:48 PM
Park #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN
Fingers crossed blackie! He is a truly great kid and has/had the potential to be a great goaltender. Lundquist intrigues me. Most people who have seen him in sweden say hes great, especially those who watch him regularly.

He's played well in Sweden, BUT I think he'll have some major adjustments to make in coming over to the professional North American game. The game is VERY different, and Swedish Goalies have never fared well.

Old
03-31-2004, 03:33 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
I wonder how soon, if at all, we'll learn what happened with the surgery today?

Old
03-31-2004, 04:07 PM
NYR2

It's killing me, I need to know some news.

Old
04-01-2004, 01:09 AM
BLACKBURN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Park #2
He's played well in Sweden, BUT I think he'll have some major adjustments to make in coming over to the professional North American game. The game is VERY different, and Swedish Goalies have never fared well.
Um, have you heard of a guy called...tomy...ummm....salo? or johan hed....hedburg? Tellquist is the one of the leafs top prospects playing in N.A. Just because Holmquist never got the job done doent mean Lundquist cant. I think with a year as the packs no.1 he could do very well. Alll players coming from Europe have to make major adjustments. For starters they are going from a European size (large) ice rink to a smaller N.A. rink. Obviously there are rule changes and different coaching systems. A lot of goalies from Europe say that they are suprised at first how N.A.'s shoot from everywhere. Hes obviously got talent, i hope it will translate.

Old
04-01-2004, 11:07 AM
robcav

Any word on how the operation came out?

Old
04-01-2004, 04:47 PM
Park #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN
Um, have you heard of a guy called...tomy...ummm....salo? or johan hed....hedburg? Tellquist is the one of the leafs top prospects playing in N.A. Just because Holmquist never got the job done doent mean Lundquist cant. I think with a year as the packs no.1 he could do very well. Alll players coming from Europe have to make major adjustments. For starters they are going from a European size (large) ice rink to a smaller N.A. rink. Obviously there are rule changes and different coaching systems. A lot of goalies from Europe say that they are suprised at first how N.A.'s shoot from everywhere. Hes obviously got talent, i hope it will translate.
Give me a break please. Please. Posts like this are the most infuriating. I am so infuriated that I will not even waste my energy to reply.

Old
04-01-2004, 04:54 PM
L.I.RangerFan

Quote:
Give me a break please. Please. Posts like this are the most infuriating. I am so infuriated that I will not even waste my energy to reply.

UMMMM Park #2 ya just did.

Old
04-01-2004, 04:57 PM
Park #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.I.RangerFan
UMMMM Park #2 ya just did.
I meant respond to his questions.....

Haha.

Old
04-02-2004, 01:16 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Seen him play? If so, what's the area he needs to work on most?

Old
04-02-2004, 05:11 AM
BLACKBURN

Quote:
Posts like this are the most infuriating.
No, statements with no substance are the most infuriating.

Closed Thread