HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ottawa and Columbus

Old
06-24-2009, 11:49 PM
Xspyrit

vCash: 1000
Ottawa and Columbus

- Chris Kelly (solid 3rd line shutdown center, PK master, capable of +10 goals/+30 points)

- Brian Lee (22 y/o developping D-man, former 9th overall pick, not far from being a good all-around Top-4 D-man)

- Alex Auld (very reliable back-up, one of the best in the NHL, would be big for Columbus if Mason gets injured)

for

Columbus 1st round pick (16th overall)

I have heard some Columbus fans say they would need a 3rd line center with experience (and Kelly is Vermette's friend!), a solid back-up and a puck-moving D-man.

Those 3 players would only cost 4.3M$ in cap space (divided by 3 = 1.43M$/player)

I'm not saying i would like to make that trade as a Sens fan, but i would like to see the opinion of people. Who gets the best return in that trade?

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 11:51 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 145
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
done! then we trade

Columbus 1st [16th overall]
Ottawa 1st [9th overall] for 3rd overall =]

OmniSens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 11:52 PM
DG

vCash: 500
I think this is a stick it to someone thread... not sure who.

Anyways, no thanks from Ottawa... don't want to give up Lee.

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 11:54 PM
Chevy Chase

I think that's an overpayment from OTT.

Brian Lee isn't a top 2, but certainly a top 4, with an outside shot of becoming a top 2 D.

Auld is a valuable chip at 1.0M with only 1 year left on his deal and Kelly is not spectacular but very solid.

Too much for a mid level 1st rounder. If it got us into the top 10, I'd be more inclined.

Chevy Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 12:01 AM
Alex28*

Would take more than 16th. The odds of getting someone of Lee's caliber at 16th are very small.

Alex28* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 12:17 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!

I don't think that's what Columbus is looking for exactly. They need more of a Kaberle or Kubina on their blueline, not Brian Lee.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 02:02 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

interesting proposal...I agree, the Dman is not exactly what we're after...what else would it take from Cbus for Lee to become Kuba...outside of that, I think I like the deal....

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 02:16 AM
stempniaksen
"Let's win it all"

vCash: 50
Lee will likely be better than whoever is drafted 16th overall, so as a Sens fan there is no way I do this deal.

Why not just do Kelly and Auld for a mid-pick and mi-prospect? That way CBJ keeps their 1st and Ottawa gets to keep Lee.

stempniaksen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 02:28 AM
Laoghaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
interesting proposal...I agree, the Dman is not exactly what we're after...what else would it take from Cbus for Lee to become Kuba...outside of that, I think I like the deal....
I like that Vermette guy on your team, maybe include him.

Laoghaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 02:41 AM
Pyke*

Given that we drafted Lee at #9, 4 years ago, and are just beginning to see the payoff of that now, I don't know why any self respecting Sens fan makes this deal.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 02:45 AM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
- Chris Kelly (solid 3rd line shutdown center, PK master, capable of +10 goals/+30 points)

- Brian Lee (22 y/o developping D-man, former 9th overall pick, not far from being a good all-around Top-4 D-man)

- Alex Auld (very reliable back-up, one of the best in the NHL, would be big for Columbus if Mason gets injured)

for

Columbus 1st round pick (16th overall)

I have heard some Columbus fans say they would need a 3rd line center with experience (and Kelly is Vermette's friend!), a solid back-up and a puck-moving D-man.

Those 3 players would only cost 4.3M$ in cap space (divided by 3 = 1.43M$/player)

I'm not saying i would like to make that trade as a Sens fan, but i would like to see the opinion of people. Who gets the best return in that trade?
I don't see anything special from Brian Lee. Antoine Vermette still has a year left on his deal, so does Peca. Also backup goalies are a dime a dozen and Auld is a lousy goalie. No thanks from Columbus.

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 02:59 AM
Pyke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaBargnani View Post
I don't see anything special from Brian Lee. Antoine Vermette still has a year left on his deal, so does Peca. Also backup goalies are a dime a dozen and Auld is a lousy goalie. No thanks from Columbus.

Yawn. Ottawa's GM would never offer it to CBJ, so it's a moot point. The irony is CBJ would accept it, and you just fail to realize that. .

When people on Hockey's Future understand that a prospect, who went to college, drafted 4 years ago at #9 and looking like a top 4 D is available for a measly 16th overall pick, you take it.

Ottawa would be stupid to make this trade, CBJ would be brilliant. They'd immediately get a roster player who hasn't even touched the tip of his potential, and solve several other team needs at the same time.

But I keep forgetting.... Louis Leblanc is the answer to all your problems.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 08:34 AM
Captain_Cunney

Quote:
Originally Posted by stempniaksen View Post
Lee will likely be better than whoever is drafted 16th overall, so as a Sens fan there is no way I do this deal.
I suspect this also, Lee really get a s**t on for some reason. The kid has shown alot of potential and has made some real nice progress, IMO. I really don't beleive we'd get a player as good as him at 16, so why bother?

Lee is a very young kid who was brought in a little too fast, we just need our fanbase to take a deep breath and give the kid some time to develop.

Captain_Cunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 08:36 AM
Skraut

Would do this in a heartbeat. Which means it's a pretty bad proposal from a Sens perspective.

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 08:37 AM
HSF

wow major overpayment by ottawa

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 08:37 AM
Kamina
Amok

vCash: 50
Major overpayment from Ottawa.

We're not trading Lee barring overpayment.

Kamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 08:41 AM
Mr Lahey*

Wasn't Lee drafted 9th overall?

Mr Lahey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 08:59 AM
Northern Neighbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
Kuba has a no-trade clause for this year, so he won't be moved. Kuba, though, would have been a good fit for Columbus.

As for the OP, it's a bit of an overpayment by Ottawa. Maybe switch Lee with either Campoli or Picard, who are cheap, young two-way defensemen.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 09:05 AM
DG

Quote:
Auld is not a "lousy" goalie. He's a solid backup goalie, something Columbus doesn't have.

In your opinion, who are significantly better backups?

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 09:27 AM
Lunatik*

no way Ottawa does this...

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 09:47 AM
Disgruntled

Why wait 4 years for Brian Lee to develop to suddenly trade him away?

No to this deal.

Disgruntled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 09:51 AM
Skraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post
Auld is not a "lousy" goalie. He's a solid backup goalie, something Columbus doesn't have.

Auld is exactly the type of player the Jackets are looking for, in fact the whole trade is. Columbus needs a back up goaltender, a 3rd line center, and an offensive defensemen. To get all 3 for "just" the 16th pick doesn't even happen in NHL 09.

Yes there are better players out there for each of the positions, but if this proposal were to drop in Howson's lap, there is no way in the world he wouldn't do it.

It also means this would absolutely never happen.

This proposal is as ridiculously one sided in Columbus's favor, as the Auld for Russell rumors floating around were for the Sens.

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 09:52 AM
dru
Jarmo Unchained

Send a message via AIM to dru
The only player Columbus would really want is Auld. Kelly wouldn't be needed if we re-sign Malhotra and Lee isn't the type of defenseman we need right now. Can't we just make a trade for Auld that doesn't involve our 1st round pick? Columbus has plenty of assets but isn't going to trade its only pick in the first two rounds of the draft.

dru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 09:54 AM
hashmarks

Quote:
No he doesn't.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 09:56 AM
hashmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post

Fernandez, Nittymaki, Johnson, Clemmonson...there are loads of backups on the FA market that are better than Auld.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote