HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Komisarek is plan A; The rest is secondary..

Old
06-25-2009, 11:31 AM
HabsDood
Alien

vCash: 500

And I don't agree..

CKAC kinda changed the link.. Here's what's left of it..

http://www.corussports.com/canadiens...5-1621621.html

Quote:
Selon plusieurs sources, pratiquement tous les joueurs autonomes sans compensation n'auraient pas reçu d'appel du Canadien dans les dernières semaines. Des 11 qui pourraient profiter de leur autonomie le premier juillet prochain, seul Mike Komisarek discuterait avec le Canadien à l'heure actuelle.

À la lumière de ces informations, Saku Koivu, Alex Kovalev, Robert Lang, Alex Tanguay, Tom Kostopoulos, Francis Bouillon, Patrice Brisebois, Mathieu Dandenault, Mathieu Schneider et Marc Denis ne feraient plus partie du plan #1 du Tricolore.

Basically, Komi then maybe the rest..

Last edited by HabsDood: 06-25-2009 at 11:40 AM.
HabsDood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 11:32 AM
canadianeh

Source?

canadianeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 11:32 AM
SpreeEndaz

News report: You fail at posting news reports.

(His source is Martin McGuire on CKAC who stated that Bob Gainey is not making any development with our UFAs for now since he has another big plan for the draft, except for Komi which he is negotiating with.)

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsDood View Post

And I don't agree..

CKAC kinda changed the link.. Here's what's left of it..

why?

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 11:34 AM
HabsDood
Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
News report: You fail at posting news reports.

(His source is Martin McGuire on CKAC who stated that Bob Gainey is not making any development with our UFAs for now since he has another big plan for the draft, except for Komi which he is negotiating with.)
Easy now, the link changed while I was typing..

Old
06-25-2009, 11:35 AM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Where's the report? And I can agree with that we can't afford to lose komisarek we have no immediate replacement

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 11:37 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

vCash: 567
The report is Komisarek is the only one of our UFAs that is part of ''Plan A'' and that ''Plan A'' is clearly something important that would influence the rest of the off-season strategy.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 11:37 AM
HabsDood
Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
why?
Why? Because maybe? I have my reasons, I don't think he's getting the kind of money he'd like to and, I hope they don't give him.. But I ain't gainey, i'm just a poster here to discuss..

You'd like him back at an average of $5M? Like 7 years $35M? Is that such a deal for such a D?

I don't know, in interviews of late he seemed like "bof, whatever"..

Old
06-25-2009, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Why? Because maybe? I have my reasons, I don't think he's getting the kind of money he'd like to and, I hope they don't give him.. But I ain't gainey, i'm just a poster here to discuss..

You'd like him back at an average of $5M? Like 7 years $35M? Is that such a deal for such a D?
Which is why, I asked you why? I'm not saying you're wrong, just looking for your reasons.

No, I think a long term contract in the 4-4.5M range, even front loaded, is the most I'd offer Komisarek, I think that's a more than competitive wage if you look at his type of defensman in the league. He'd be the highest paid defensman of his ilk in the NHL.

But I totally agree with Gainey making Komi is #1A priority...none of our other UFA's (althought it could be argued that Tanguay should also be focused on) are as important to negotiate with as of today

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 11:41 AM
lou4gehrig

Well the best part about re-signing Komi is he has alot of value around the league. We keep him for awhile. If we tire of him, then we can get some good value in return. Especially around playoff time. Big, strong, young, experienced. It's a hot commodity in the league.

Re-signing others like Koviu, Kovalev, Lang, Tanguay, Sneider, etc. are all good players, but have ZERO trade value. So it's a much bigger risk.

lou4gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 11:44 AM
HabsDood
Alien

Going publicly like this with this news, I interpret it this way.. "Mike, we agree today or I'll go for another D right tomorrow at the draft"..

So basicaly it's plan A today, the rest tomorrow..

Old
06-25-2009, 11:47 AM
SpreeEndaz

Quote:
Easy now, the link changed while I was typing..
I'm the Lucky Luke of the internets; I flame faster than my shadow !

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 11:48 AM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Where's the report? And I can agree with that we can't afford to lose komisarek we have no immediate replacement

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 11:51 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

If you read CAREFULLY the article, it says that Bob has another plan A and then, he is only interested in Komisarek for our UFA!

So, Bob has another Plan A, maybe Lecavalier, etc... After that, he will talk only with Komisarek!

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 11:52 AM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
The report is Komisarek is the only one of our UFAs that is part of ''Plan A'' and that ''Plan A'' is clearly something important that would influence the rest of the off-season strategy.
In my mind that's the most intriguing part of the report.

It has to be big if it's going to affect the planning of a team with 30 million dollars. And presumably, if Gainey is talking with Komi but none of his forwards, it involves a forward.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 11:53 AM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post
Re-signing others like Koviu, Kovalev, Lang, Tanguay, Sneider, etc. are all good players, but have ZERO trade value. So it's a much bigger risk.
Tanguay is still young and is a great player; he can probably still get you a first-rounder in a trade if signed.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 11:56 AM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
If you read CAREFULLY the article, it says that Bob has another plan A and then, he is only interested in Komisarek for our UFA!

So, Bob has another Plan A, maybe Lecavalier, etc... After that, he will talk only with Komisarek!
Nope, plan A is Jordan Staal and Evgeni Artyukhin.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 12:00 PM
Mustafa*

The fact is that the only FA they've been discussing with is Komisarek, the rest is intepretations.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 12:05 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

That's a whole lot of nothning. Montreal media trying to get hits or listeners by passing off their interpretations as fact(see RDS).

My understanding is that Gainey is looking at making moves at the draft, those moves will direcly affect who he wants to sign and not sigh at that point. I'm sure he's spoken to the agents of all the guys he wants to keep and knows what they are looking for in terms of salary and term. After the draft, there are 3 days to get the guys he wants back locked up and the ones he doesn't maybe traded for picks to a team willing to pay their demands.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 12:27 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Yet if we read a direct quote from Baizley, Gainey has made contact with many of the UFAs, including Koivu, which is completely the opposite of what McGuire has said. So who do you trust, a true source like Baizley, or Martin McGuire who likes to hear the sound of his own voice and his sources too.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 12:29 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
The fact is that the only FA they've been discussing with is Komisarek, the rest is intepretations.
Untrue, go read what Don Baizley, Koivu's agent, said. You'll find it on the thread about Koivu wanting to stay in Montreal.

Martin McGuire is full of hot air, like many other pundits.

Old
06-25-2009, 12:30 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
That's a whole lot of nothning. Montreal media trying to get hits or listeners by passing off their interpretations as fact(see RDS).

My understanding is that Gainey is looking at making moves at the draft, those moves will direcly affect who he wants to sign and not sigh at that point. I'm sure he's spoken to the agents of all the guys he wants to keep and knows what they are looking for in terms of salary and term. After the draft, there are 3 days to get the guys he wants back locked up and the ones he doesn't maybe traded for picks to a team willing to pay their demands.
Exactly.

People have to stop relying so much on the pundits for truth when most of them are more concerned with ratings and keeping their jobs.

Old
06-25-2009, 12:41 PM
momotan

Your all dreaming. Nothing will happen. I wouldn't be surprised if Gainey takes the summer off and just go sailing FAR FAR away from this loonybin of a city. Gainey is smarter then all the press. He knows he won't get Vinny, knows he won't be able to sign Komi, knows none of the 10 UFAs want to come back, knows he won't get any top UFAs. He may as well take the summer off and check back in september when all all the cap strapped teams start dumping salary.

momotan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 12:42 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post

Doesn't a ''2nd Plan A'' mean that it's a Plan B?

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 12:45 PM
RonFournier

WTF is Bob doing??

Can't he f-in' do two things at the same time like everybody else?! I can call 20 of my friends in one hour if I want to, he has tons of people working for him and he can't stay in touch with the other soon to be UFA's 'cause he has to talk with Komisarek?

Carbo was fired for communication problems? How good is your communication when you don't give a ****ing call to your players one WEEK before they go UFA.

If we lose Tanguay because of this **** I hope the Molsons make a big clean up in the management office.

RonFournier is offline   Reply With Quote