HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

What do you want Gainey to do this UFA season? (Habs Trade/UFA/RFA proposals here)

Closed Thread

Old
07-03-2009, 01:21 PM
Jedrik

vCash: 500
I'm not as much of a D'Ago fan as Paccioretty, but I already feel as though we've distributed a little too much of our future around the league in the recent past under Gainey to be, while a bit better, still just a lower-seed playoff team at best.

Old
07-03-2009, 01:22 PM
Max Levine

If Tallon is looking for a big, physical defenseman, I don't know what we can offer. Especially since Gainey admits he's still looking for another defenseman. Obviously Hamrlich's contract is no good for Tallon. O'Byrne's value must certainly be quite low.

Old
07-03-2009, 01:24 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
with Spacek signed to that bad deal, there is no need/room for Barker.

Hamrlik-Spacek are here to stay so we need to just get used to that...

but I do like Chicago as a possible trade partner to get us a PK forward to play with Lats/Lapierre

to Chi:
S.Kost

to Mtl:
Fraser

combine that with a move for J.Johnson and I like our lineup much better...

to LAK:
A.Kost
O'byrne

to Mtl:
J.Johnson

Cammy-Gomez-Gio
Max-Pac- Pleks- Kovy? (d'ago/lats)
Fraser- Lapierre- Chips (Lats)
Laraque-Metro- Stewart

Markov-Johnson
Hamrlik-Spacek
Gill- Gorges

Price
Halak

that would work just fine by me... 2nd line might be a bit of a question mark, but if Pleks can regain his confidence, we're in business...
WOW. Talk about overpayment for BOTH trades

Skost for 4th line plug Fraser?

Akost and Obyrne for unproven JMFJ?

Get out of here please.

Old
07-03-2009, 01:24 PM
habbie67

Beauchemin

Hey i was listening to 990 at around 11:30 and some guy called in and said a source of his who works for the habs said that Beauchemin was doing a complete physical and if everything was good the Habs would sign him.

Did anyone else hear this?

Old
07-03-2009, 01:25 PM
Taser19

Barker and/or Versteeg should go as they are RFA. SKost would be nice since he played with Kane before. Add Weber (or McDonaugh if Bob hadn't already gave him away) or a pick and yes Barker would have been yours, probably for the same money Spacek will get. Maybe they could swap Halak and Crawford. I would be surprised to see Sharp go this year as he is extremly valuable.

Old
07-03-2009, 01:26 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

If ever that were true, it would mean Hamrlik being traded before the summer ends.

Old
07-03-2009, 01:26 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

No and it's probably bs as we can't really sign him.

Old
07-03-2009, 01:28 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Beauchemin to Montreal E4 on Eklunds site in 3, 2, 1...

Old
07-03-2009, 01:28 PM
schumway2

I doubt it. He wants Komisarek money. Why would we give it to him and not Komisarek?

Old
07-03-2009, 01:30 PM
Jedrik

What type of cash will Beauchemin bring in? 4mil? More? It'd be a wicked additon, but we would have to have a deal in place to make room.

Old
07-03-2009, 01:30 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNick42 View Post
Funny how everybody was against Cammalleri when I suggest signing him 2 weeks ago. Once signed he turned into greatest thing since sliced bread. Not one person out of the dozen who replied wanted Cammalleri here just 2 weeks ago. Now, how did opinion chance so rapidly?
I don't think it was not wanting him, speaking for myself, I didn't believe he'd come.

Old
07-03-2009, 01:31 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
I doubt it. He wants Komisarek money. Why would we give it to him and not Komisarek?
Cuz unlike Komisarek he can produce some points?

Old
07-03-2009, 01:32 PM
spoofpig

i would like him but id prefer to fill our roster via trades we now have next to no cap room and some potentially important rfa next season and metro ufa? (no one else comes to mind) not a lot of room to play with

Old
07-03-2009, 01:32 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNick42 View Post
Funny how everybody was against Cammalleri when I suggest signing him 2 weeks ago. Once signed he turned into greatest thing since sliced bread. Not one person out of the dozen who replied wanted Cammalleri here just 2 weeks ago. Now, how did opinion chance so rapidly?
Going back I see maybe 2 people who said they would not want Cammy, and the rest said that they didn't believe he'd come here...

Old
07-03-2009, 01:33 PM
Dirty Danglez
Take it like a Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
Because he can produce offensively and still hit and eat up minutes. Beauchemin value > komisarek. Komi is better than beauchemin at what he does, but beachemin can do a lot more

Old
07-03-2009, 01:42 PM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
I'd go after sharp and very aggressively as well.

The problem is, I'm sure the Hawks want to clear some cap room. How about a Combo of Maxwell + D'ago and a first for Sharp.

Sharp is making 3.9 million/year. They get a cheap young center and good scoring winger also cheap. Maxwell and D'agostini are good second line players
Actually not a bad trade at all. I'm going to post it on the proposal board, giving you credit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Exactly...we have what 8.1 million left and 5 rfa's to sign? Trading D'ago and Maxwell for Sharp brings in a cap hit of 3.9. But we no longer have to sign D'ago. So after that there is 4.2 left on the cap with 4 rfas to sign. But now we no longer need Plekanec, so we can package him out. So now 4.2 to sign 3 rfas. Worse comes to worse, we can get rid of Laraque and Metro via waivers which would clear up close to 3 million.

We'd have 7 million in cap room to sign 3 rfa's...more than enough to do so and it also gives us wiggle room.
Even if we did this trade, I'd keep Plekanec. He can be an incredible 3rd line centre and lets us waive Metro.

Cammalleri - Gomez - Gionta
Kostitsyn - Sharp - Sergei
Latendresse - Plekanec - Pacioretty
Lapierre - Chipchura - Stewart
Laraque

Don't judge the lines, I was just putting them in a Top-9 order (though the centres are right).

Plekanec as the 3rd centre will be very good defensively, take lots of pressure off, and he'll be able to score with two big, offensively minded players on his line.

Old
07-03-2009, 01:42 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Cuz unlike Komisarek he can produce some points?
The difference isn't much. It's not like Beauchemin is an offensive dynamo.

Beauchemin had one good offensive season where he was a bit over 0,50 PPG and that's 4 years ago, his other seasons are pretty close to Komi's in terms of points.

Old
07-03-2009, 01:56 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
The difference isn't much. It's not like Beauchemin is an offensive dynamo.

Beauchemin had one good offensive season where he was a bit over 0,50 PPG and that's 4 years ago, his other seasons are pretty close to Komi's in terms of points.
Beachemin is in the 30 point range every season, Komi has yet to hit 20... Beauchemin also has a fantastic point shot and a much better first pass.

Old
07-03-2009, 01:57 PM
axman88

If all these reports are true that Beauchemin wants to sign with the habs...i can only see this happening if he either signs a one year deal for 4 mill (which means we might lose some of out rfa's)...or he signs a longer contract which averages out to 3 mill a yr......

though I wouldn't be surprised to see us sign him for 4 yrs at 4 mill per...and then trade hamrlik and prospects for jack johnson

edit: nevermind hamrlik has a NTC

Old
07-03-2009, 02:00 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman88 View Post
If all these reports are true that Beauchemin wants to sign with the habs...i can only see this happening if he either signs a one year deal for 4 mill (which means we might lose some of out rfa's)...or he signs a longer contract which averages out to 3 mill a yr......

though I wouldn't be surprised to see us sign him for 4 yrs at 4 mill per...and then trade hamrlik and prospects for jack johnson
it won't happen,Hamrlik I believe has a NTC and Spacek signed here to play with Hammer,I doubt he get's moved.

Maybe Beauchemin can sign a deal which includes some bonus clauses

Old
07-03-2009, 02:01 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
it won't happen,Hamrlik I believe has a NTC and Spacek signed here to play with Hammer,I doubt he get's moved.

Maybe Beauchemin can sign a deal which includes some bonus clauses
Hamrlik has a limited no trade clause, which allows us to trade him to a certain amount of teams he's chosen from.

Old
07-03-2009, 02:03 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Hamrlik has a limited no trade clause, which allows us to trade him to a certain amount of teams he's chosen from.
Thanks for clearing that up,I wasn't sure.Anyways at 5.5 million would anyone really want him?Not to sure about that

Old
07-03-2009, 02:03 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Thanks for clearing that up,I wasn't sure.Anyways at 5.5 million would anyone really want him?Not to sure about that
Could've said the same about Gomez 1 week ago...

Old
07-03-2009, 02:09 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Could've said the same about Gomez 1 week ago...
true but if Bob wanted to sign any UFA on Wednesday,he had no choice to make that move on Tuesday.Gionta wouldn't have signed here and I believe Cammalleri mentioned that the Gomez factor was a reason for him choosing Montreal

Old
07-03-2009, 02:14 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Bernier would be ahead of Sergei and D'Agostini, let's not kid ourselves here. He's reliable defensively and very physical, something we desperately need with the Smurfs we've picked up.
Thing is, I feel both SKost and Dagger are better scorers than Bernier, so we'd be downgrading on offense for the sake of size. I don't know that we need to do that.

I went and checked out Bernier's scoring rates. Not great, but better than I expected. Looks like he's something of a worse version of Latendresse -- for some reason I thought he got more ice time.

Closed Thread