HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bouwmeester expected to be traded tonight.

Old
06-26-2009, 12:13 AM
Sergei Berezin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedberg View Post
No, he's saying no to the proposal:
true... my bad

Sergei Berezin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 12:15 AM
Crimson Devil*

to NJ:
Bouwmeester's rights.

to FLR:
Zubrus
Gionta's rights
*Conditional second round pick in 2010.

If Bouwmeester signs with NJ, it turns into a first round pick in 2010.

Crimson Devil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 12:24 AM
RunAmucK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Devil View Post
to NJ:
Bouwmeester's rights.

to FLR:
Zubrus
Gionta's rights

id take that all day

RunAmucK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 12:51 AM
Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Devil View Post
to NJ:
Bouwmeester's rights.

to FLR:
Zubrus
Gionta's rights

Florida can get better then that. Gionta won't sign there, they don't want Zubrus since he's over 30, and a 2nd rd pick in hockey isn't worth that much.

Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 12:53 AM
Canuxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex View Post
Florida can get better then that. Gionta won't sign there, they don't want Zubrus since he's over 30, and a 2nd rd pick in hockey isn't worth that much.
HAHAHAHA if you think your getting more than that, you have another thing coming bud.

Canuxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 12:54 AM
SilverSeven

Bouwmeester is easily the most overratted player in the league right now. At least on HF.

SilverSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 12:56 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Thank god is isn't to Edmonton.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 12:58 AM
TrappedInFullerton
Murray SMASH

Well... it's tonight... where's this trade?

TrappedInFullerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 01:07 AM
Payaso619*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
Bouwmeester is easily the most overratted player in the league right now. At least on HF.
Every year there's one UFA that gets overrated/over hyped before draft day/July 1st, why does this keep surprising people?

Payaso619* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 01:21 AM
RunAmucK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
very true its almost like sometimes hes not even playing ,he pulls this unbelieveable dissapearing act. the team that get him will be thriled, till he actually doesnt even produce that much and they could of got a cheaper ofensive defenseman to do the same thing.

Old
06-26-2009, 01:25 AM
Chileiceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksfla View Post
very true its almost like sometimes hes not even playing ,he pulls this unbelieveable dissapearing act. the team that get him will be thriled, till he actually doesnt even produce that much and they could of got a cheaper ofensive defenseman to do the same thing.
I watched quite a few (maybe most) Panthers games down the stretch, and I agree. J-Bo is a great skater and can take over games at times. And then there are times when he is a turnover machine, he's kind of inconsistent from game to game. After the trade deadline his play really dropped off IMO.
I'd still want him on my team, but it's like he's gone from being a little underrated to vastly overrated.

Chileiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 01:28 AM
CloutierForVezina

Quote:
I agree 100%. Most cheap offensive defenseman easily play 27 minutes a night and 3 and a half minutes on the PK.

I personally wouldn't pay that bum a penny of 2.5 million/year! And he's a -2 on the year! Obviously he's terrible defensively!

CloutierForVezina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 01:28 AM
Bourdon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payaso619 View Post
Every year there's one UFA that gets overrated/over hyped before draft day/July 1st, why does this keep surprising people?
Yeah, but unlike Campbell, there's other things he can bring to a team. Sure he hasn't met expectations, but Florida screwed him up bad in terms of development. I mean, when a team can't score, what else are you expected to do?

We'll see what kind of point totals he'll be able to put up with a good club and a supporting cast next year.

Bourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 01:34 AM
RunAmucK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourdon View Post
Yeah, but unlike Campbell, there's other things he can bring to a team. Sure he hasn't met expectations, but Florida screwed him up bad in terms of development. I mean, when a team can't score, what else are you expected to do?

We'll see what kind of point totals he'll be able to put up with a good club and a supporting cast next year.
agreed maybe he had his eyes on the prize (traditional hockey market) and mailed it in a bit the last thing he would of wanted is to get injured. we will all see how he plays with a new cast.

Old
06-26-2009, 01:35 AM
BigEyedPhish

Sooo..............

Still Waiting............................

BigEyedPhish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 01:41 AM
Towel-Power
GoCanucksGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammitch View Post
Sooo..............

Still Waiting............................

Dreger is now saying that they will hold on to him until tomorrow.

http://twitter.com/darrendreger

Towel-Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 01:52 AM
Toes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towel-Power View Post

Wouldn't that take away JB's value? I mean, when you're trading for a pending UFA, you're essentially trading for time to renew his contract right?

Toes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 01:58 AM
Wyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toes View Post
Wouldn't that take away JB's value? I mean, when you're trading for a pending UFA, you're essentially trading for time to renew his contract right?
You are assuming there WAS a value. If no one wanted to give their 3rd/4th rounder then there wasn't much value left on his term. In this situation it's better to hold on to him for 1 more day in hopes to find some fool.

Wyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 01:59 AM
AgentNaslund*

Quote:

all this was to drive traffic into his stupid twitter site. You idiots fall into the trap were u constantly keep going back to his site.

AgentNaslund* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 02:12 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourdon View Post

While Florida didn't give him great people to pair up with his first several years here, I don't get how they "screwed him up bad." That has zero bearing on his disappearing in pressure situations, much as he did prior to his being here.

So far as a "good club and supporting cast," perhaps you missed the Panthers last season. Struggled early in a new system, but Bouw hurt a lot more than he helped the last stretch of the season. His play wasn't his "supporting cast's" fault, it was his own.

06-26-2009, 02:19 AM
Crimson Devil*

Quote:
id take that all day
I think it would benefit both teams. We all know Jay won't be a Panther again, and he would love it in our system. I don't think it would take too much to get him to sign either. If he liked the lack of media in Florida, he'll love it in New Jersey.

As for you guys, Zubrus is an under-appreciated guy that deserves a change of scenery. He's great defensively, and can still chip in offensively. Only problem is his cap hit, but losing Bouw won't be much of a problem with that.

Gionta, I still see good things in him, and he might like playing in sunny Florida. I'm sure his family would love the trade.

Pick is self explanatory. No way NJ gives up a pick in this year's draft. WAY too deep and we need to build our farm. Besides, it kind of defeats the purpose of the conditional pick thing, and I think that's essential. No Devil fan is going to want to give up a first to have Bouw for six days, and see him leave to another team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex View Post
If it were the trade deadline, NJ would trade their arm and leg for Bouwmeester. Six days of negotiation rights isn't going to score you a first round pick and a top player/prospect. Sorry.

Crimson Devil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 02:47 AM
Bourdon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
While Florida didn't give him great people to pair up with his first several years here, I don't get how they "screwed him up bad." That has zero bearing on his disappearing in pressure situations, much as he did prior to his being here.

So far as a "good club and supporting cast," perhaps you missed the Panthers last season. Struggled early in a new system, but Bouw hurt a lot more than he helped the last stretch of the season. His play wasn't his "supporting cast's" fault, it was his own.
I don't know how a 19 year old is supposed to develop properly on a losing team. What do you suppose would happen to a player that finished -29 their first season in the league? A player would become less assertive offensively, take less chances and adjust to playing conservatively.

While Bouwmeester will likely never be an assertive player, I have a tough time seeing how a player that plays 30 minutes on any given night has a negative effect on a team. Why did they play him 30 minutes a night if the Panthers were as good as you say they were. While last year's Panthers weren't as bad as those of previous years, it was still a mediocre team. They admittedly did better than many people thought they would, but it was still a team that overachieved.

I don't even dislike the Panthers in any form, but these are the facts. When Bouwmeester fails to perform better on a more talented squad next year, you can dish it to me. Until then, you'll have your opinion and I'll have mine. There's nothing wrong with having different opinions.

Bourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 02:50 AM
Towel-Power
GoCanucksGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentNaslund View Post
all this was to drive traffic into his stupid twitter site. You idiots fall into the trap were u constantly keep going back to his site.
Wow, you're completely right. I was on his stupid twitter site refreshing the page frantically every 2 seconds!

Towel-Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 02:58 AM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:
Wow, you're completely right. I was on his stupid twitter site refreshing the page frantically every 2 seconds!

Its not like he makes money off it like Eklund does anyways.

Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 03:01 AM
cassius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payaso619 View Post
Yep Brierre was a fun one to watch

cassius is offline   Reply With Quote