HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nyi-tbl-tml

Old
06-25-2009, 07:32 PM
IslesFTW

vCash: 500
Nyi-tbl-tml

Note: I realize that there is close to no chance that the Isles trade the pick(based on Snow's comments). I just wanted to post this to see if the value is fair, not because I think it could happen.

Note II: This is based on Snow/Wang having Duchene/Hedman over Tavares

To TOR:
Witt
Conditional 2010 pick(TBL 3rd rounder if they have a top 10 pick in the round, otherwise NYI 2nd rounder)

To Isles:
Kaberle

To TBL:
Shenn

Why Tampa does it: turns the 2nd and 32nd picks into a great young defenseman and still has a top 10 pick

Why New York does it: if they decide on Duchene/Hedman, they'd still be able to get Duchene/Hedman. They move back from #26 to #32 but upgrade Witt to Kaberle(big upgrade)

Why Toronto does it: plain and simply, they want Tavares. He'd be a superstar in Toronto, he'd be "their guy." Although going from Kaberle to Witt is a downgrade, Witt is a good top four guy. They also get other quality draft picks as a first rounder this year, and a second rounder next year.

I am not sure if Toronto fans would do this, but I think New York(with the thought that Tavares is not our guy) and Tampa fans would.

Last edited by IslesFTW: 06-25-2009 at 07:53 PM.
IslesFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 07:34 PM
Brijd10

No thanks.

Brijd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 07:35 PM
IslesFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brijd10 View Post
No thanks.
If we decided on Hedman or Duchene, why wouldn't you want to upgrade from Witt to Kaberle while still being able to select our guy(Toronto would for sure select Tavares first).

Old
06-25-2009, 07:35 PM
Habsfanatical

Schenn isnt going anywhere

Habsfanatical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 07:36 PM
Okposofan21

no, I'll be just fine when the Islanders take John Tavares with the first overall pick. now if you want to talk about moving the 26th pick to say the 16-20 range, sure.

Okposofan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 07:46 PM
Yitz

Isles say no.

Yitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 07:48 PM
IslesFTW

Just wondering, why do the Isles say no to this deal?

This is under the basis that the Isles chose someone other than John Tavares[read: Victor Hedman or Matt Duchene] as the guy they want

If one team was to say no to this, I thought it would be Toronto, not us.

Old
06-25-2009, 07:49 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 286
Tampa Bay trades 2, 32, and a 2nd rounder they don't even have for 7 and Schenn? No thanks.

Going Back to Cally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 07:55 PM
IslesFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Tampa Bay trades 2, 32, and a 2nd rounder they don't even have for 7 and Schenn? No thanks.
You are right. OP fixed.

But I can't believe you wouldn't do that deal if you had a 2010 second rounder. You are moving 5 spots down, and were giving up two second rounders for Luke Schenn....you know the 5th overall selection last year?

Old
06-25-2009, 08:15 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesFTW View Post
You are right. OP fixed.

But I can't believe you wouldn't do that deal if you had a 2010 second rounder. You are moving 5 spots down, and were giving up two second rounders for Luke Schenn....you know the 5th overall selection last year?

Then keep Schenn and we will take Hedman/Tavares/Duchene which would be you know...the 2nd overall selection this year.

Worst logic ever and a ****** over the coals for TB.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 08:17 PM
IslesFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
Then keep Schenn and we will take Hedman/Tavares/Duchene which would be you know...the 2nd overall selection this year.

Worst logic ever and a ****** over the coals for TB.
Worst logic ever? Are you serious? One of the top young defensive prospects to move down five spots, and a second and a potentially a 2010 third rounder? You would not do that? Hate to break it to you, but this deal favors Tampa Bay the most.

As for us keeping the 7th, Schenn, and Kaberle, I'd love to do that. That would help our team out a lot. However, I doubt Snow would do this without getting one of Hedman, Tavares, or Duchene.

Old
06-25-2009, 08:20 PM
NHL33*

Quote:
Worst logic ever? Are you serious? One of the top young defensive prospects to move down five spots, and a second and a potentially a 2010 third rounder? You would not do that? Hate to break it to you, but this deal favors Tampa Bay the most.

As for us keeping the 7th, Schenn, and Kaberle, I'd love to do that. That would help our team out a lot. However, I doubt Snow would do this without getting one of Hedman, Tavares, or Duchene.
Tampa would want the 7th and Schenn to move down at least. Why throw in a very high 2nd rounder?

NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 08:22 PM
IslesFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Budaj Bugatti View Post
Why throw in a very high 2nd rounder?
Because:
1) this deal wouldn't work without your second rounder going to NYI
2) you have to give to receive. You actually think you can get a good young kid like Schenn by just moving down five spots? That isn't happening.

Old
06-25-2009, 08:24 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Because:
2) you have to give to receive. You actually think you can get a good young kid like Schenn by just moving down five spots? That isn't happening.
If Hedman is on the board he is the guy they pick. If hes not they could get MUCH MUCH MUCH more than Schenn+7th from a few other teams that Im sure wouldnt bat an eye to trade for Tavares or Duchene.

Or we pick either of them and trade Vinny for that kings ransom.

So yeah sorry not happening. There is zero reason to give up extra picks when we need to stock the cupboards so badly.

Old
06-25-2009, 08:24 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 286
Quote:
Because:
Then we draft Tavaras. People act like we are loaded at forward, he fills a big need. The Lightning can't go wrong with either pick.

Going Back to Cally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 08:25 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Because:
If I'm a TB fan,I want Hedman over Scheen or the 7th overall.His upside's higher then Schenn's or any player who'll be sitting at #7.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 08:27 PM
IslesFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
If I'm a TB fan,I want Hedman over Scheen or the 7th overall.His upside's higher then Schenn's or any player who'll be sitting at #7.
It isn't "or." It's "and."

I don't see why Tampa won't do this. Two top 10 picks for a second rounder and Hedman or Duchene(Toronto would take Tavares first). Sure Hedman is probably the most talented, but he isn't head and shoulders above Schenn and MSP/Cowen/Schenn/etc.

Old
06-25-2009, 08:28 PM
KA BLAMO

vCash: 50
People need to stop testing proposals on NHL 09, and then running on here to share them.

KA BLAMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 08:29 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:

I don't see why Tampa won't do this. Two top 10 picks for a second rounder and Hedman or Duchene(Toronto would take Tavares first). Sure Hedman is probably the most talented, but he isn't head and shoulders above Schenn and MSP/Cowen/Schenn/etc.
I read the 'and'.

I'd still rather have the kid with the highest upside.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 08:30 PM
IslesFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Then we draft Tavaras. People act like we are loaded at forward, he fills a big need. The Lightning can't go wrong with either pick.
Who would you rather have? Duchene/Hedman and whoever you would take at 32 or Schenn and MSP/Schenn/Cowen/etc.? I think the latter would be better, but that's just me.

Old
06-25-2009, 08:31 PM
IslesFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I read the 'and'.

I'd still rather have the kid with the highest upside.
I'd rather have Schenn and MSP/Schenn/Cowen/etc..

Old
06-25-2009, 08:31 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:

Lol so this was all assuming Hedman was there for us? Wow then its even worse than I thought.

Hedman IS head and shoulders above everyone else in your paragraph. Including Schenn. I like Schenn too but Hedman is something beyond special.

Old
06-25-2009, 08:34 PM
KA BLAMO

vCash: 50
Quote:
Who would you rather have? Duchene/Hedman and whoever you would take at 32 or Schenn and MSP/Schenn/Cowen/etc.? I think the latter would be better, but that's just me.
Haha, got job on removing the "newbie" remark. I never knew hockey knowledge was based on time spent on a message board. Pat yourself on the back, big boy.

KA BLAMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 10:39 PM
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth

Luke Schenn is not getting ****ing traded. He's a top 5 pick from 2008 who stepped in and performed admirably in a top 4 position as an 18year old. Brian Burke and Ron Wilson love him to death and I would imagine he is virtually our only untouchable on the roster.

HockeyThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2009, 10:53 PM
hgo

Whoever said that "people make three-team trades in the hopes that everyone doesn't notice that one team always gets a big-time shaft" is absolutely right.

In this case, that team is Tampa Bay.

hgo is offline   Reply With Quote