HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Saturday June 27th - Murray @ Montreal... THE DRAFT - Draft now complete.

Old
06-26-2009, 06:36 AM
2CHAINZ
@EverythingPawg

vCash: 177
Great Job!

2CHAINZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 06:45 AM
gmyx

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
Team Acquires Team Acquires HFBoards Talk

I have a feeling this post will get very long if last year is any indication.

gmyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 07:39 AM
Slippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammitch View Post
A certain American might be stoned as **** by some waterfalls in Ithaca at the time of the draft. Does anyone know if he could get draft updates from TSN even though he is in America?

YthankU
Can you get twitter on your mobile device? If so, install that app and follow Darren Dreger.

Slippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 07:54 AM
Human Megaphone

I really don't want Kadri. He's the only player in the Top 15 or so that I really dislike.

Human Megaphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 08:12 AM
Caseus
squirrelly wrath

Great job with the GDT! Going to be an exciting day!

Caseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 08:19 AM
zenator

I don't get why some people hate Kadri so much.

He's not at the top of my list, as I prefer the defensemen. But I don't see that much difference between Kadri, Schroeder, and perhaps Josefson.

The guy with red flags for me is Scott Glennie, with inflated stats from leeching off of Brayden Schenn. Another red flag is Schroeder's incoherent interviews, maybe he's a moron.

I know Kadri has some flaws, but so does Schroeder and every other forward that will probably be available at 9. That's why I like the potential #1 defensemen better. But Kadri, while I'm not huge on, doesn't suck, and would be an adequate pick. I am intrigued by his ability to increase his scoring pace in the playoffs. Then again, it is possible his stats are up because the opponents put their Zetterberg, Datsyuk and Lidstrom on Tavares, leaving Kadri free to freewheel against lesser defensive players. So I have mixed feelings, but not "hate" of this player. IF he turns out to be a good player, it would be cool to have a Lebanese player in Ottawa, with our huge Lebanese population. I could see Kadri driving around with the Garlic King shouting out the megaphone about how great the Shawarmas are. It would be better than the lame car commercials most players do.

zenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 08:22 AM
ben3001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie#11 View Post
Does anyone know what the coverage will be like for Saturday? Obviously they aren't going to be covering it on tv but will team1200 have extended draft coverage on Saturday?
RDS will be covering rounds 2-3 in the morning as far as I know

ben3001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 08:32 AM
ben3001

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenator1 View Post
I don't get why some people hate Kadri so much.

He's not at the top of my list, as I prefer the defensemen. But I don't see that much difference between Kadri, Schroeder, and perhaps Josefson.
Take Josefson out of that list and maybe i'll agree. Nothing close to behing similar between Kadri/Schroeder and Josefson. The first two are pure offensive machines and with very decent defesensive skills, but Josefson is not getting drafted for his offensive skills. He is OK offensively, but simply remarkable as a two-way centre. Kardi and Schroeder are able to score goals, something Josefson does not do...

Quote:
The guy with red flags for me is Scott Glennie, with inflated stats from leeching off of Brayden Schenn. Another red flag is Schroeder's incoherent interviews, maybe he's a moron.
This is a false statement. All scouts are of the opinion that Glennie has better offensive and skating skills than Schenn. They only think that Schenn is a much more complete player because he is a C and has a man-love schrenn offensive side to him. For anything, the fact that he was playing with Schenn maybe made his stock fall abit for that very reason, because all the scouts were looking at Schenn. I still think that Glennie can be a darkhorse in this draft.

Both players in the absence of the other showed their respectif succes was not only because of the incredible chemistry they had together. They are both able to carry the load.

However, in terms of roles on a team, Glennie is exactly what we need, he is a pure finisher who will always make himself open and has an incredible array of shots that he can fire from anywhere on the ice in a blink of an eye. He also has dazzling outside speed so he can simply fly along the boards. He is also after Tavares and Duschene according to many scouts the only player that has 50g potential.

Old
06-26-2009, 08:32 AM
udonnoodles

vCash: 311
Nice thread!! Can't wait for the draft and see what happens with Heatley.

udonnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 08:35 AM
Anasazi

MPS

Anasazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 08:39 AM
Milkstorm

The bruins are looking to deal Kessel http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=282921 . I wonder if he'd end up here. I wouldn't mind it if it wasn't too much of a price.

Milkstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 08:40 AM
bdp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben3001 View Post
RDS will be covering rounds 2-3 in the morning as far as I know
If it's anything like last year's, their coverage is awful. All they do is sit around and talk about QMJHL players, they don't even mention the picks unless the player picked is from the Q.

bdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 08:41 AM
The Mars Volchenkov

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
NHL Network is doing all the 2nd day, at least they are in the states. I assume they will as well in Canada.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 08:43 AM
zenator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben3001 View Post
Take Josefson out of that list and maybe i'll agree. Nothing close to behing similar between Kadri/Schroeder and Josefson. The first two are pure offensive machines and with very decent defesensive skills, but Josefson is not getting drafted for his offensive skills. He is OK offensively, but simply remarkable as a two-way centre. Kardi and Schroeder are able to score goals, something Josefson does not do...

This is a false statement. All scouts are of the opinion that Glennie has better offensive and skating skills than Schenn. They only think that Schenn is a much more complete player because he is a C and has a man-love schrenn offensive side to him. For anything, the fact that he was playing with Schenn maybe made his stock fall abit for that very reason, because all the scouts were looking at Schenn. I still think that Glennie can be a darkhorse in this draft.

Both players in the absence of the other showed their respectif succes was not only because of the incredible chemistry they had together. They are both able to carry the load.

However, in terms of roles on a team, Glennie is exactly what we need, he is a pure finisher who will always make himself open and has an incredible array of shots that he can fire from anywhere on the ice in a blink of an eye. He also has dazzling outside speed so he can simply fly along the boards. He is also after Tavares and Duschene according to many scouts the only player that has 50g potential.

I didn't mean that Kadri/Schroeder are similar players, but that they have similar draft value. I can see how my wording didn't make that clear.

I might be wrong about Glennie, but I'm basing my opinion on reading that when Glennie was injured, the W-Kings put a 16 year old on Schenn's line, and he put up Glennie-like numbers, whereas on his regular line, he barely scored at all. I think the name was Stone.

Old
06-26-2009, 08:45 AM
Anasazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
NHL Network is doing all the 2nd day, at least they are in the states. I assume they will as well in Canada.
Blows for me then, AT&T only offers NHLN on it's top line package, guess I'll just have the radio tomorrow, but in any event, draft avatar is up for one day only, even if it's an overused pic.

Anasazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 09:36 AM
PatrickEaves
Karan S'Jet

A bit off topic, but it's about time hfboards finally realized that maybe they should disable avatars to help with their server problems on high traffic days.

More bandwidth intensive part of internet forums....

PatrickEaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 09:49 AM
Kamina
Amok

I want the Sens to draft Brayden Schenn so badly. It would be too hilarious.

Strictly on player value though, I want us to draft Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson.

Kamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 09:50 AM
Mio

Great looking thread!

I'm so giddy I could squeal.

Mio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 09:57 AM
ben3001

Quote:
I didn't mean that Kadri/Schroeder are similar players, but that they have similar draft value. I can see how my wording didn't make that clear.

I might be wrong about Glennie, but I'm basing my opinion on reading that when Glennie was injured, the W-Kings put a 16 year old on Schenn's line, and he put up Glennie-like numbers, whereas on his regular line, he barely scored at all. I think the name was Stone.
Point noted. For arguments sake however.

Games featuring both Glennie and Schenn:

Glennie 53 GP 26G 40A 66 pts, +21
Schenn 53 GP 23G 42A 65 pts, +14

Games apart:

Glennie 2 GP 2G 2A 4 pts, +1
Schenn 17GP 9G 14A 23 pts, +6

Old
06-26-2009, 10:10 AM
OHNOclowe
The Thread Killer

MPS to ottawa for sho! *crosses fingers*

OHNOclowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 10:12 AM
DG

I'm pulling for MPS or OEM.

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 10:16 AM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Kinda excited, kinda nervous. I have little faith in the Murray bros.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 10:21 AM
Bumjoo Wang*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyBass View Post
A bit off topic, but it's about time hfboards finally realized that maybe they should disable avatars to help with their server problems on high traffic days.

More bandwidth intensive part of internet forums....
I wonder if they have a scheduled "maintenance" for today. The people that run this site generally like to update the servers whenever they expect alot of traffic.

Bumjoo Wang* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 10:21 AM
zenator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post
I'm pulling for MPS or OEL.

Me too.

I want 1 of the Swedish 3-Initial players bigtime. Then there's a big gap before Kulikov, than another big gap before Kadri, Schroeder, etc.

I'd like Cowen as well, but he will be taken before us.

Old
06-26-2009, 10:25 AM
Ikea Senators

I'd like to see us draft MPS if he drops (or we get a higher pick) or Kadri with our 1st rounder. With the 39th we go for a goalie (which is a desperate need in our system) Olivier Roy or Mike Lee. With our 46th pick I'd really like us to pick up Anton Lander. He got 10 points in 47 games of the SEL which is respectable. He has overall good skills but what impressed me the most is his patience and poise, he showed that at the U18's as the Captain. I think I see him somewhat in the Alfredsson mold. Than with our 100th pick Marcus Foligno to complete the family circle and from there on it's all a wash to me.

-MPS or Kadri (I would really love Schenn but he's gonna be top 5/6)
-Roy or Lee
-Lander
-Foligno

That's a draft I'd really be happy with.

Ikea Senators is offline   Reply With Quote