HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Saturday June 27th - Murray @ Montreal... THE DRAFT - Draft now complete.

Old
06-29-2009, 03:26 PM
Captain_Cunney

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down Goes Brown View Post
Watch the clip again. Burke is silent for about five consecutive seconds. That's the maximum amount of time he can handle without hearing his own voice.

Captain_Cunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 03:35 PM
Kickabrat
WHAT - ME WORRY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Cunney View Post
I still don't understand why Burke would blurt out the name before BM even had a chance, he was the one coming to him, not vice versa. Burky making a rookie mistake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down Goes Brown View Post
Watch the clip again. Burke is silent for about five consecutive seconds. That's the maximum amount of time he can handle without hearing his own voice.
I think he was royally miffed that he lost out on moving up, losing out on Schenn, no way to make a splash...He was mad as heck and was going to make some controversy come heck or high water. You could tell every time the camera went to him, he looked like a kid in a candy store who lost his wallet, and can only stare at all the goodies and think, if only.....

Kickabrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 08:53 PM
Spalfredsson

Came home very please to see how Ottawa did in the draft..

Spalfredsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 10:52 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenator1 View Post
Tim hinted at gamesmanship on the floor:

He "suggested" that Bryan might have been lying when Burke said did you want Kadri. Insinuating that Cowen was the guy they were trying to trade up for (makes sense: Dallas was heavily rumoured to want a defenseman: surprise with the Glennie pick).

Interesting. Of course to make a trade and lie about who you were picking would get you ostracized ASAP; but where no deal is made, there is no harm in lying here as there was no transaction.
For some reason I am not buying it. It was pretty well documented that the Sens were high on Kadri.

Either way I am very happy with the Cowen pick!

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 11:10 PM
Kickabrat
WHAT - ME WORRY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeJong View Post
For some reason I am not buying it. It was pretty well documented that the Sens were high on Kadri.

Either way I am very happy with the Cowen pick!
That's because Cowen was supposed to be gone by then.

Kickabrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 11:12 PM
Hossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny View Post
Boyle scored eight goals in less games than Wideman. Assists come easily on the powerplay, just look at Kuba's numbers working our first powerplay unit. I respect Tim Murray's comparison, I'm just a little worried by that huge, gaping zero where the goals should be. Obviously, time will tell.
You're fighting an uphill battle if you're trying to argue that putting up 26 points and being the powerplay quarterback for one of the two or three best teams in the NCAA as a freshman is not indicative of offensive potential. The lack of goals does raise a question, but does not suggest he is not talented. If there's one thing this board should have learned from watching Wiercioch's season it's that this kind of offensive impact is rare for freshmen blueliners, particularly true freshmen. The quality of that Miami program also can not be underestimated. Wideman was a key offensive cog for a team that almost (and probably should have) won the national championship, it's not Nebraska-Omaha or Colgate.

On the flip side, undersized offensive defencemen go in the middle rounds every year. They're great gambles and smart picks at that stage in the draft though, even if every year we can look back at drafts gone by and see them littered with undersized busts.

Hossa is online now   Reply With Quote