Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Western Europe
Western Europe Great Britain, France, Switzerland, Austria, Netherlands, Spain

Swiss National League

Old
10-15-2007, 02:56 PM
torero

vCash: 500
Swiss National League

This years is different than the others ... (each year one feels this but this years it more thrue than ever !)

1 GE Servette 25
2 SC Bern 23
3 EV Zug 21
4 HC Davos 21
5 Fribourg-Gotteron 21
6 HC Lugano 20
7 Kloten-Flyers 20
8 Lakers 18
9 SCL Tigers 18
10 Ambri-Piotta 11
11 ZSC Lions 10
12 EHC Basel 8

Servette comes as a surprise to me ... same for fribourg and ZSC ... what is going on in our swiss league ?? SCB is loosing almost all it's home games !! (this is a personal point !)

any comments ? or topics to develop on this ?

hop Bärn

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 03:07 AM
stv11
Global Moderator

Well, Servette usually does very well in october and november (though it's the first time they actually lead the league). Last year they had a long unbeaten streak early.

You'd think McSorley would change his summer training program, but if he's happy with giving hopes to his fans each season before barely sneaking in the playoffs and loose in the first round...

And don't worry for Bern, they'll be here when it counts

stv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2007, 06:19 PM
torero

I agree with you Servette seems to enjoy having early sprints ... (living in Geneva, i know that their fans are not fooled ! yet they are still happy ... but not fooled !)

And i am not too worried for Bern although i look like on the firs poste in this thread. They should be doing well ... which means become champion ... coz its now some time they haven't been champion. And Davos seems to be beatable, Hiller not being in the goal anymore ... in fact i wonder if arno del curto did not decide to have an cool year this year ... where he will see in the 2nd half if he wants to go for the title or just have a good year (as a real objective i mean ... of course he will say that he goes for the title ... but it doesn't looks like IMO)
I am still worried with van boxmer ... i think he has a good system ... a bit like mc soreley ... the difference is that van boxmer has good players and goes for the title ... so the system should be there but he should let his good players play well and not frame them too tightly with his system !!! i think this costed the title last year. A good player must more express his talent on ice ... not be to much locked in a box !! while an average player should be more framed, and act more like into a thight box. Van boxmer won AHL with rochesters americans ... typically he would have average players ... coz if they are good they would straght go to the NHL Team. So he is convinced about his system principle.

When i say that i am surprised by the Swiss Liga I am more refering to the global level, which i think is more equal than ever ! Fribourg and Tigers are making a strong impression, ZSC are disapointing ... ! Even Basle would be better ... still some tuning i agree but they look better ... (points do not show it !)

Davos should be fine again ... i imagine ... for Davos just give them time to gather experience for their 2 goalies and they will be truly sharp.

Last edited by torero: 10-23-2007 at 06:25 PM.
Old
10-24-2007, 03:52 AM
stv11
Global Moderator

I live in Geneva too, though I'm not sure about how they view their team's good start as I don't know many Servette fans.

About Bern, with Davos having a question mark between the posts and no other team looking solid enough to win it all, the championship is their to loose.

Old
10-25-2007, 04:41 PM
tepim

Have all the same number of games?

tepim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2007, 07:21 AM
swisdan

No. Look at this page for details:

http://www.swisstxt.ch/TSR1/242-00.html

And the individual leaders:

http://www.swisstxt.ch/TSR1/253-00.html

swisdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2007, 08:49 AM
Swissfan79

Quote:
Originally Posted by torerotomcat View Post
I agree with you Servette seems to enjoy having early sprints ... (living in Geneva, i know that their fans are not fooled ! yet they are still happy ... but not fooled !)

And i am not too worried for Bern although i look like on the firs poste in this thread. They should be doing well ... which means become champion ... coz its now some time they haven't been champion. And Davos seems to be beatable, Hiller not being in the goal anymore ... in fact i wonder if arno del curto did not decide to have an cool year this year ... where he will see in the 2nd half if he wants to go for the title or just have a good year (as a real objective i mean ... of course he will say that he goes for the title ... but it doesn't looks like IMO)
I am still worried with van boxmer ... i think he has a good system ... a bit like mc soreley ... the difference is that van boxmer has good players and goes for the title ... so the system should be there but he should let his good players play well and not frame them too tightly with his system !!! i think this costed the title last year. A good player must more express his talent on ice ... not be to much locked in a box !! while an average player should be more framed, and act more like into a thight box. Van boxmer won AHL with rochesters americans ... typically he would have average players ... coz if they are good they would straght go to the NHL Team. So he is convinced about his system principle.

When i say that i am surprised by the Swiss Liga I am more refering to the global level, which i think is more equal than ever ! Fribourg and Tigers are making a strong impression, ZSC are disapointing ... ! Even Basle would be better ... still some tuning i agree but they look better ... (points do not show it !)

Davos should be fine again ... i imagine ... for Davos just give them time to gather experience for their 2 goalies and they will be truly sharp.
I agree with the first sentence, but i'm not so sure about the NL balance. It is at least 5 years i heard this but at the end in the last 15 years always the same 3-4 teams won. I think that the playoff spot are too many for a 12 team league, and this is not a good condition for a high level RS.
We should make a 4 teams playoff, or a league with at least 15 teams. But i can't see this with our "near-amateur" league.

Swissfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2007, 08:08 AM
torero

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv11 View Post
I live in Geneva too, though I'm not sure about how they view their team's good start as I don't know many Servette fans.

About Bern, with Davos having a question mark between the posts and no other team looking solid enough to win it all, the championship is their to loose.
well ! "my" geneva fans are ex football fans (a group), and the seem to be quite anxious about their team starting too strong !! but they are still happy as said !

Old
10-27-2007, 08:13 AM
torero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swissfan79 View Post
I agree with the first sentence, but i'm not so sure about the NL balance. It is at least 5 years i heard this but at the end in the last 15 years always the same 3-4 teams won. I think that the playoff spot are too many for a 12 team league, and this is not a good condition for a high level RS.
We should make a 4 teams playoff, or a league with at least 15 teams. But i can't see this with our "near-amateur" league.
Actually i agree with you, but emotionally it is always challenging when your team, which is suposed to be among the best, starts by loosing most of its games. (they recovered since !!)

I also agree with you on your remark on playoffs ... i really dream about seeing a european league emerging.

Old
09-03-2008, 03:34 AM
torero

Our Championship will start soon !!

Geneva Eagles seem to be in good shape !! i was impressed with results they had in the games so far ...

specially vs russian teams (not the best though) ... they even beat Bern. (sad!).

Anyone has a favourite for this year ??

I stick to Bern !!

Old
09-07-2008, 09:01 AM
Duffgolf

THis is a little off topic but, do any of you know where i can find a english version of some switzerland websites. im trying to follow some friends of mine who play with the Kloten Flyers.
Thanks in advance

Duffgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2008, 12:54 PM
Rafik Soliman
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffgolf View Post
THis is a little off topic but, do any of you know where i can find a english version of some switzerland websites. im trying to follow some friends of mine who play with the Kloten Flyers.
Thanks in advance
Unfortunatley, there aren't any known sites who provide you with english news about the Swiss League?

But why don't you try the google translator?

Rafik Soliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 05:48 PM
torero

My team has been, is and will forever be SCB, (i have to excuse myself because i almost feel i am betraying them by saying what i will say !)

This year i am impressed by Fribourg ...

(PS i have the feeling that each time SCB plays Fribourg, and that Fribourg wins, most of the time the winning goal is scored by Gilles Montandon !!! just to make them regret the move of having sold the eternal SCB players Montandon and Howald !)

On the other hand, Servette hasn't shown a lot so far.

who impresses you ?? who disapoints you ?? any thoughts ?

come on guys ! i know that their are some swiss guys following NLA/LNA ... cheer up ... share your thoughts ! or is their another more popular board for swiss hockey that i do no know ? (FR/IT/GE or EN)

Last edited by torero: 09-17-2008 at 05:55 PM.
Old
03-24-2009, 05:18 PM
dsg89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffgolf View Post
Thanks in advance
I think the homepage of Servette Geneve does have news in english. If you want to know something about the Kloten Flyers, just ask me, I know a lot of about them.

dsg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 02:20 PM
TheFirstSaviour

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg89 View Post
I think the homepage of Servette Geneve does have news in english. If you want to know something about the Kloten Flyers, just ask me, I know a lot of about them.
Good luck to your team in that case. Davos is going to be very tired by the time they get to Kloten.

Not that the playoffs mean much to me, this year. I made the mistake of becoming a Bern fan. Oh well, there is always next year.

What a cracking atmosphere, though. I took my girlfriend to a game in mid-December before flying home to see three NHL games at the always sold out GM Place in Vancouver. What a difference!

In Vancouver, security kicked out around ten people in our section for drinking and yelling. In Bern, people were lighting joints in the stands.

It's like the difference between seeing a cheap concert and a really expensive opera. Thirty francs to have a blast or two hundred francs to enjoy the spectacle. It's a matter of perspective, I suppose.

TheFirstSaviour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2009, 04:19 PM
Mathletic

is there a website that carries all the stats archives of the Swiss league?

Mathletic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2009, 04:51 PM
Swissfan79

http://www.hockeyfans.ch/
Check the stats section

Old
07-21-2009, 05:10 PM
Rafik Soliman
Hockey's Future Staff

Or Hockey DB is always a great source....

Rafik Soliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2009, 10:14 AM
Mathletic

can anyone tell me what these stand for? ... except team ...

Team Sp Schnitt PP-Zeit UZ-Zeit 2' 5' 10' SD+ Pn MSp PT MT TD S S+ N+ N VP P

btw, is the site in german? do you know if there's a link to have it in french?

Old
07-22-2009, 10:40 AM
stv11
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles View Post
can anyone tell me what these stand for? ... except team ...

Team Sp Schnitt PP-Zeit UZ-Zeit 2' 5' 10' SD+ Pn MSp PT MT TD S S+ N+ N VP P

btw, is the site in german? do you know if there's a link to have it in french?
There is no French version of hockeyfans.ch

The "übersicht" is a mix of all kind of stats and is basically irrelevant, while the other links have detailed stats about different stuff : Strafen = Penalties, Unterzahl = Shorthanded play, Zuschauer = Attendance. The first table shows the total stats, while the "Zuhause" and "Auswärts" tables shows stats at home and on the road respectively.

As for you question :

Sp = Games
Schnitt = Average attendance
PP-Zeit = Time on the Power play
UZ-Zeit = Time shorthanded
2' = Number of minor penalties
5' = Number of major penalties
10' = Number of 10' misconduct penalties
SD+ = Number of game misconduct or match penalties
PN = Penalty shot against the team
MSp = Average PIM per game
PT = Goal scored
MT = Goal against
TD = Goal difference
S/S+/N+/N = Wins/OT wins/OT losses/losses (worth 3,2,1 and 0 points respectively)
VP = Points lost
P = Points

EDIT : You can see the stats for the different part of the season by clicking on the "NLA-Playoffs", "Liga-Quali", "NLA-Playouts"... links on top of the page. NLA-Quali is the regular season of the top league, probably what's the most interesting to you. NLB-Quali is the tier 2 league regular season, NLA-Playoffs and NLB-Playoffs are the playoffs of the top and tier 2 league, NLA-Playouts is a tournament held between the four teams that miss the playoffs in the top league, and Liga-Quali if a serie played between the winner of the NLB playoffs and the loser of the NLA playouts whose winner play in the top league the following season.

Last edited by stv11: 07-22-2009 at 10:47 AM.
Old
07-22-2009, 11:21 AM
Swissfan79

I hope they will add the +/- sooner or later, the only source for this stats are the official site and the club sites...but some teams use different system (they include goal done and taken with special teams)

Official NL site http://www.nationalleague.ch/NL/clubs/fr/lugano.php

Domenichelli (HC Lugano) -10

HC Lugano site http://hclugano.ch/archive/2008_stats.cfm

Domenichelli -7

Old
07-22-2009, 02:15 PM
Mathletic

thanks for the translations, I'll ask you for more if you don't mind. I can't get them all on google since in some instances either the translation doesn't mean anything for me or I can't cut the words at the right places.

First, I'll tell you why I want those stats. I'm working on a model to optimize drafting for NHL teams. I'm already advanced in my work, thus far all I needed were the regular team stats you can find on Hockeydb, but for where I am now, I need the home/away and other stats, so that's why I need a more specialized site like the one you people recommended.

Sorry if I re-ask some you may have translated already

Drittelsergebnisse: 1s, 1U, 1N, 2U, 2N, 3S, 3U, 3N, Vs,V2, VN, VP, P

Führungszeiten: F3+, F2-, FU, GS, RS, R2-, R3+

Ergebnisse bei #Plustore: S-U-N, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5+
Ergebnisse bei #Minustore

Tordifferenzen: N, -5, -4, -3, -2, -1, 0, +1, +2, +3, +4, +5, S

Torverteilung: 1+, 1-, 2+, 2-, 3+, 3-, V+, V-, 1D, 2D, 3D, VD, PT, MT, TD

#Tore bei Sieg: S, 1+, 2+, 3+, 4+, 5+, 0-, 1-, 2-, 3-, 4-, 5-

#Tore bei Niederlage: N, 0+, 1+, 2+, 3+, 4+, 5+, 1-, 2-, 3-, 4-, 5-

"Prognose" nach Führungen/Rückstand: S-U-N, Fuehr1D, Fuehr2D, Ruck1D, Ruck2D

can you explain those as well SM 2SpG MSpG 2Sp MSp

in calculating SM I'm always 5 minutes off, 2 for 2, 5 for 5 and 10 for 10 are obvious and I'd think match penalties are 20s but I'm off by 5 minutes adding them up

Last edited by Mathletic: 07-22-2009 at 02:39 PM.
Old
07-22-2009, 05:43 PM
stv11
Global Moderator

I think you would be more interested in the individual stats rather than the team stats. To get there, select "Feldspieler" and then "NLA-Playoffs 08/09" (you can change to RS stats later) from the stats menu at the top. Once there, select "NLA-qualification" for the regular season stats, and you can add more filters (Nationalität = Swiss or import, Alter = age, and in the position menu the entries mean all/goalies/defensemen/forward/centers/wingers). Then click "Anzeigen" to show the stats.

As for the requested translations, here we go :

"Drittelsergebnisse" means Result per period. 1S, 1U, 1N = first period won, first period tied, first period lost. 2S, 2U, 2N and 3S, 3U, 3N are the same for the 2nd and 3rd period. VS, VU and VN are for overtime.

"Führungszeiten" means time with the lead.
F3+ = Time with a three or more goals lead
F2- = Time with a one or two goals lead
FÜ = Total time with a lead
GS = Total time with game tied
RS = Total time trailing
R2- = Time trailing by one or two goals
R3+ = Time trailing by three goals or more

Ergebnisse bei #Plustore = Result by goal scored
S-U-N = total wins-ties-losses
0,1,2,3,4,5+ = wins-ties-losses when the team scores the specified number of goals
Ergebnisse bei #Minustore = Same for goals against

Tordifferenzen = goal difference
S/N = total numbers of wins/losses
-5,-4....+4,+5 = Number of games which ended with the specified goal difference

Torverteilung = goal distribution
1+,1- = goal scored and goal against in the first period
2+,2-/3+,3-/V+,V- = same for 2nd period, 3rd period and OT
1D,2D,3D,VD = goal difference in the 1st/2nd/3rd/OT period
PT,MT,TD = total goal scored, goal against, goal difference

#Tore bei Sieg = Goals in each wins
S = total wins
1+,2+,3+... = Number of wins in which the team scored the specified number of goals
0-,1-,2-... = Number of wins in which the team allowed the specified number of goals
#Tore bei Niederlage = Same for losses

"Prognose" nach Führungen/Rückstand = final result after leading/trailing
S-U-N = total wins-ties-losses
Fuehr1D = W-T-L when leading after the first
Fuehr2D = W-T-L when leading after the second
Ruck1D = W-T-L when trailing after the first
Ruck2D = W-T-L when trailing after the second

Regarding the PIM, I think match penalties are worth 25 minutes (a major penalty is included in any match penalty), while the game misconduct are only worth 20 minutes.

Old
07-22-2009, 09:02 PM
Mathletic

thanks again! I'll get to the individual stuff a little later, these days I'm working on leagues and teams as a whole, so that's why I'm asking for that info