HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

First Round Pick: The Canucks Draft Jordan Schroeder

Closed Thread

Old
06-30-2009, 11:32 AM
MN_Gopher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentNaslund View Post
thanks. What do you think of Schroeder? ?
Skill wise second to none. Size wise. Its the oly reason he fell. He is not a speedster. He is faster than most but will not blow away NHL competition. His work ethic is what will carry him. I think he was top 10 in the bench press. At his size he was benching a little under his listed weight. Strength he is fine. Keeping up his play night in night out will determine how good he can be.

Quote:
Is he exciting to watch? ?
Yes, very. Always creating and making things happen.

Quote:
Do you think hes an oustanding player? ?
A few pre NCAA predictions have him as the best NCAA player next year and the front runner for the hobey.

Quote:
Do you think he could have finished with a little bit more goals? ?
Yes he has a an above average shot. Is very accurate. Thats where a lot of the PArise comparisions come to mind for me. A pass first college player and should grow into knowing how to balance both.

Quote:
Tough? weak? Dirty player? tough player? Stands his ground type of player?
The first gopher game. Some guy from Saint Cloud took a nice shot at him, clean. But rough. I was thinking great he will get hit all year long. Later that period. He checked the guy off of his skates. Totally unexpected. He caught a few others. Not affraid of corners or to be the first guy in.

He played on the PK, played the point on the PP at times and did not look out of place any where on the ice. In terms of intellegence and knowing what to do withthe puck.

I really thing he takes some battles personaly. And does not want to be the 5'8 talented kid. He, IMO, takes pride in winning battles with bigger players and wants to work passed the size label.

Early prediction would be for him to lead the NCAA in scoring.

Old
06-30-2009, 11:40 AM
MN_Gopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Wouldn't a move to the CHL be a step down in competition for Shroeder? It is my impression that the NCAA would be better for him in that regard... Maybe Gillis was making sure Everett was on the same page with that (explaining to them that he is going to remain in the NCAA).
The CHL has more talented players. The NCAA through recruting has theirs lumped into a few programs. WI, NoDak, DU, MI, etc... All teams the gophers play.

The teams he will face will be deeper but not as top heavy in some cases. The gophers had Schroeder drafted, incoming Buddish, Leddy, Birkholz, Helgeson and a 2010 recruit Hanaula dradted. Most top programs put the majority of their incoming class in the draft.

Old
06-30-2009, 12:39 PM
LostMyGlasses*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Wouldn't a move to the CHL be a step down in competition for Shroeder? It is my impression that the NCAA would be better for him in that regard... Maybe Gillis was making sure Everett was on the same page with that (explaining to them that he is going to remain in the NCAA).
A season in the rough and tough WHL would do the kid well, imo.

Closed Thread