HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs draft list on RDS

Old
06-26-2009, 11:26 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

vCash: 500
Habs draft list on RDS

I know someone recorded the list from the RDS broadcast. Can that person post the whole list? All I know is that LeBlanc was 9th!!!

And is it just me or it's stupid to post this BEFORE the Habs pick? They could have waited after the pick because I'm sure some Quebec scouts were watching the broadcast...

Also, I think it's lame RDS spoiled the moment by showing Timmins note before his announcement.

EDIT :

#9 which was the top name we could see on tv....Louis Leblanc.....
beetween 10 and 14......
Ryan Ellis
Jordan Schroder
John Moore

the list end at 18 under the title "acceptable"......
15 is Kulikov
17 is Kreider
18 is Kadri....

Thanks to the user "Alec"

Interesting to see a few highly rated players who were still available. Moore and Schroder could bite us if LeBlanc don't become the player he is supposed to. And really interesting to see Kadri 18 while he went 7th overall. There was really some concern on his character! He said himself he's a bit of cockiness and self-confidence....yuk!

Last edited by Freaky Habs Fan: 06-27-2009 at 08:05 AM.
Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 11:29 PM
Theran189

Nice to see I wasn't the only one frustrated about that. They are really a bunch of unprofessionnal miseducated loosers. They didn't know half the prospects anyway....

Theran189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 11:32 PM
Spectaculard
Trout125HR363RBI442R

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
I don't understand how anyone chose to watch the draft on RDS instead of TSN.

Spectaculard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 11:33 PM
Hermamoud

I was so mad when they showed the paper where Timmins' announcement was written. But also, it was understandable, imagine the cameraman seeing that on the table, he can't just let it sit there without filming it.

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 11:34 PM
MonacoBlue

I want to see the list, too. Does anyone know what the "acceptables" list is about?

MonacoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 11:35 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrychair View Post
I was watching TSN, but like I always do, I tuned up RDS for the Habs pick because I find it interesting to see how stupid they can be. And anyways, I'm working tomorrow in a station where we recorded the draft so I'll be able to watch it again.

Old
06-26-2009, 11:35 PM
Duff88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrychair View Post
I watched the whole draft on TSN, and tuned on RDS for the Canadiens pick. I was also greatly frustrated by them filming Timmins' paper.

Duff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 11:37 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff88 View Post
I watched the whole draft on TSN, and tuned on RDS for the Canadiens pick. I was also greatly frustrated by them filming Timmins' paper.
I won't do it again, that's for sure! I was really waiting for the official announcement! It killed the hype a bit. At least, it was fun to see LeBlanc in the stands not knowing he was going to be picked while we knew all about it. That's the only pros for me...

Old
06-26-2009, 11:37 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:
Why? I would want to see the list...I'm curious to know what Timmins thinks

Old
06-26-2009, 11:38 PM
snakeye

This is kind of related I guess...

Won't take long before the French media starts bashing Timmins for his poor spelling in French.

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 11:38 PM
Duff88

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoBlue View Post
Why? I would want to see the list...I'm curious to know what Timmins thinks
I'm talking about the paper where it was written Timmins' announcement. Something along the lines of :

"Le club de hockey Canadiens sélectionne, des Lancers d'Omaha, originaire de Kirkland, Québec, Louis Leblanc"

It scrapped all the suspense, and it was simply not needed.

Duff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 11:41 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
I'm talking about the paper where it was written Timmins' announcement. Something along the lines of :

"Le club de hockey Canadiens sélectionne, des Lancers d'Omaha, originaire de Kirkland, Québec, Louis Leblanc"

I know, I was so pissed... Especially since I was waiting for Timmins to announce the pick, hoping it was Louis Leblanc

It would have been way cooler

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 11:42 PM
Subban76

I was at a friends house. We saw the list and he was able to pause it because it appears for only a split second.

The image is a little fuzzy on the left side but you clearly see the right side of the list.

On the right side, under the category "acceptables", there was Kulikov, Kreider (#17)and 3 other guys I can't remember.

On the left there was leblanc with Schroeder and Moore under him, Leblanc being second on the left side, so I assume it was #12, but we could't see well enough.

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 11:44 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post
Won't take long before the French media starts bashing Timmins for his poor spelling in French.
It's not that bad.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 11:44 PM
Hermamoud

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post

At least he made the effort to speak in french, unlike some worthless european captain

Old
06-26-2009, 11:45 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:

See....this is why I watched TSN

Old
06-26-2009, 11:52 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermamoud View Post
At least he made the effort to speak in french, unlike some worthless european captain
This year he sounded like he was hable to speak french, he had a great prononciation.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2009, 11:57 PM
Hermamoud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
This year he sounded like he was hable to speak french, he had a great prononciation.
He does do the effort. I remember last year at the development camp in the summer, he tried his hardest to do his interview in french, but at the end he gave up and finished his sentence in english. Maybe he practiced those lines in front of the mirror last night

Old
06-27-2009, 12:16 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:

I found that pretty pathetic as is most of the RDS crew. I hope CTV getting into the deal to buy the Habs will somehow force Frappier of getting rid of some of this irritating bunch, but I guess its only wishful thinking.

It totally lacked class.

Also why did they not try to show the list of other teams too... might have been interesting and useful to spot those lists, they were showing his "poker hand" (the expression Timmins used) and they did it several picks before the Habs picked. Doing this for only the Habs is detrimental and simply doing it for any team is so unprofessional.

The stooges at RDS like to take shots at the Habs every day on L'antichambre, but I think its high time these loonies get a reality check.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2009, 12:23 AM
Peacock

All I can say is

Alain crête is the most entertaining english interviewer of all time.

That is all.

But as a sidenote (on topic) knowing Leblanc in advance did kinda kill the moment.

Peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2009, 12:29 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
I didn't know, watched on TSN. Honestly, if i have the choice between TSN or RDS, even for games, it's TSN. They are by far #1 in hockey related news. Not to mention, their analysts aren't *******s. Their job isn't based on how much ******** you start and how criticizing the habs will be entertaining. Rds isn't a complete disaster, but they should clean house a bit, they have several joke analysts and 'insiders'. What about former players? Please not from 25 years ago. I don't want to see a coach that think he knows **** but hasn't even been related to hockey since before I was born.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2009, 12:31 AM
kernkraft

Pfff, come on you guys. I thought that was pretty awesome they could do that. I felt like I was "in" on the action. Then they could show his face for the 20 seconds before the announcement. He turned red and was breathing hard, it was pretty funny and cool to see.

I watched the whole thing on TSNHD, but I'd switch it up during commercial breaks as neither had them on at the same time (TSN had the interviews, went to commercial while RDS took over the latest draftee).

kernkraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2009, 01:11 AM
redmachine54

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoBlue View Post
See....this is why I watched TSN
Same. I was lucky enough to not even know what RDS had done until I visited HF... seems incredibly unprofessional.

redmachine54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2009, 01:39 AM
Hades

That really pissed me off. Not only did I have to put up with them constantly praising Quebecers but then this. It killed the suspense and it made me feel like I've waited for that moment for nothing. I think I'll start watching TSN from now on. The only reason I watched RDS is because I'm a bit better in french

Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2009, 01:42 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

I watched the show on TSN because RDS are pretty much clowns. But I switched over for the Habs pick because I wanted to see some celebration from commentators. I thought RDS showing the list sort of killed the suspense, yet it was interesting at the same time.

Now. The few times I turned on RDS during the draft those were the most innept comments ever. That's not surprising though...because they had one Junior Hockey expert and it was Stéphane Leroux...and he wasn't doing any commentary he was mainly doing the interviews. Talk about badly using your people. The rest we have get this Demers, Houle and Brunet who knew nothing about these kids. So they have no insight to give the viewers and it was them talking from their own @$$. Sometime saying things like "oh yea this guy is the kid of this former player". I spent like 5 minutes maximum of the whole draft on RDS and it was the stupiest thing ever. Sad for you that had to watch RDS during a long draft it must have been torture.

Then you had Alain Crete being the usual cold fish frank self with comments like "hey Claude, you must be happy with your best coach win. Did it make you forget your elimination?". Or "Hey Alain it seems to me the Canucks have trouble signing the Sedins...". Another one:"Mr. Homlgren doesn't getting Pronger gives you problem with the cap? Aren't you going to have to make trades to sort it all out?".

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote