HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Eberle(22) and MPS(10) vs. Hodgson(10) and Schroeder(22)

Closed Thread

Old
06-27-2009, 01:33 PM
Macke*

vCash: 500
Ask me in a year or two.

Old
06-27-2009, 01:38 PM
oilersfan11

vCash: 50
Eberle and Magnus Svensson Paajarvi are the same exact potential like Hodgson and schroeder have

Magnus Svensson Paajarvi 8.5 player
Cody Hodgson 8.5 Player

Jordan Eberle 7.5 Player
Jordan Schroeder 7.5 player

At the beggining of the yr Magnus Svensson Paajarvi was to go 3rd overall ahead of matt duchene . Where was Cody Hodgson suppose to 6th best never once considered top 3 like Magnus Svensson paajarvi was.

So Magnus Svensson Paajarvi is the better player comparing to cody hodgson , jordan eberle thought i think is pretty even with jordan schroeder no one is better there, wait till both are in the NHL to see has the better career.

Old
06-27-2009, 01:44 PM
CrosbyCrosby*

Since when is MPS 8.5 he hasnt even been ranked yet?

Old
06-27-2009, 01:44 PM
oilersfan11

Magnus Svensson Paajarvi 8.5 B
Cody Hodgson 8.5 C

Jordan Eberle 7.5B
Jordan Schroeder 7.5B

Old
06-27-2009, 01:46 PM
oilersfan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrosbyCrosby View Post
Since when is MPS 8.5 he hasnt even been ranked yet?
Because he has everything to become a Stud left winger
Crazy talent not too small ,drives the nest with poise, has heart and determination.

Old
06-27-2009, 01:47 PM
oilersfan11

Cody Hodgson will be a great player but mark my words Paajarvi will be better.

Old
06-27-2009, 01:52 PM
40oz

Im a pretty big Schroeder fan, so it would be pretty hypocritical for me to have a sudden change of heart on the kid. But its clear his interviews didnt go well, but he's still young and its obvious that he's overflowing with talent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gare joyce View Post
Asked what his weaknesses were, he said he didn't have any. Said he couldn't really think of anything he needed to work on. Straight-faced.
Asked who was going to be on his line at UMinn next season, he said that he had already told the coach who he'd play with.
He was critical of team-mates and coaches and blamed the U.S.'s failure to win at the under-20s on everyone else except himself.
Those are just a few examples. I could go on but won't. If you don't get the idea, then you never will.

Old
06-27-2009, 02:00 PM
Roof Daddy

As an Oiler fan it pains me to say VAN gets the edge. Schroeder's size is being picked apart way too much. He showed good strength at the combine, putting up 17 reps (our 6'3 225 Alex Plante only did 15 in his combine). He's put up over a PPG as an 18yr old freshman in a major NCAA program. I wanted the Oil to trade up to 20 desperately when he was still there. With all that said though, he probably doesn't get much bigger, whereas Eberle could fill out to 5'11 200 (currently listed at 5'11 184). Whether Schroeder will be able to stand up to the grind full time will be his only question mark. I think the Schroeder/Eberle debate is pretty close, given Schroeder has a year to prove what Eberle did this past year, he gets a slight edge, but its pretty equal.

MPS has been on the radar for a few years. The only reason he even dropped is that NHL scouts seem to have very short memories. Just as the U18 tourney did wonders for DeHaan and OEL, it seemed to hurt MPS and Simon Despres. Way too much stock put into those performances IMO. What MPS has proved up to his draft yr vs Hodgson in his would give MPS the edge here... if it weren't for the impressive development of Hodgson this past year. That's not to say MPS can't do it, but he will have to find more elements to his game (being able to shoot from the circle out).

All in all, it's pretty close to equal, both teams should be very happy, and I'm sure both teams fans will be cursing the other teams players for many years to come.

Old
06-27-2009, 02:05 PM
NHLHammerbound*

I'm one of those people who thinks that MSP will be a future STAR ...Hodgson's a good playmaker, but he's smaller, weaker and slower. Really his skating is suspect & he may never be more than a solid second line centre.

MSP >> Hodgson.

Schroeder > Eberle IMO...but it's closer.

EDMONTON WINS DECISIVELY

Old
06-27-2009, 02:08 PM
Schroeder19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLHammerbound View Post
I'm one of those people who thinks that MSP will be a future STAR ...Hodgson's a good playmaker, but he's smaller, weaker and slower. Really his skating is suspect & he may never be more than a solid second line centre.

MSP >> Hodgson.

Schroeder > Eberle IMO...but it's closer.

EDMONTON WINS DECISIVELY

I'm sorry but how is "MSP>>Hodgson"?

Old
06-27-2009, 02:18 PM
NHLHammerbound*

AO:
Quote:
I'm sorry but how is "MSP>>Hodgson"?
MSP is a helluva lot FASTER + BIGGER + STRONGER ...Not to mention , has WAAY MORE God Given Talent...

Hodgson's biggest assest is his work ethic...He tops out as a good second line centre IMO, BUT could easily end up as simply a solid 3rd line checker

MSP's potential is HUGE...So EASILY >> than Hodgson's

BTW AO: IF ur trying to argue that Hodgson has more potential upside ( which I consider ludicrous ) I'd like to hear ur reasons

Old
06-27-2009, 02:23 PM
In Exisle

Personally I think MPS is going to be the most dynamic player of that bunch. However, I like Schroeder and Hodgson much more than I like Eberle.

I'll give the edge to the 'Nucks here. MPS is going to be a hell of a player though.. he's a top line talent through and through.

Old
06-27-2009, 02:26 PM
ryz

I like the Vancouver pair by a longshot, personally. I also prefer Phaneuf and Bouwmeester to either pairing.

Old
06-27-2009, 02:27 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Quote:
AO:

MSP is a helluva lot FASTER + BIGGER + STRONGER ...Not to mention , has WAAY MORE God Given Talent...

Hodgson's biggest assest is his work ethic...He tops out as a good second line centre IMO, BUT could easily end up as simply a solid 3rd line checker

BTW AO: IF ur trying to argue that Hodgson has more potential upside ( which I consider ludicrous ) I'd like to hear ur reasons
DON'T MAKE ME LINK IT!

Cody Hodgson 2009 Edition

2009 CHL Player of the Year
2009 OHL Red Tilson Trophy (Most Outstanding player and MVP)
2009 OHL William Hanley Trophy (Most Sportsmanlike Player)
2009 World Junior Gold Medal Winner
2009 World Junior All-Star Roster
2009 World Junior Scoring leader
2009 Bob Mackenzie (Best player WJC)
2009 OHL All-Star Classic Player of the Game
2009 OHL Coaches Award for Smartest Player
2009 OHL Coaches Award for Hardest Worker
2009 OHL Coaches Award for Best Face-offs
2009 OHL Coaches Award for Best Penalty Killer
2009 OHL Hardest Shot (2nd)
2009 Brampton Sports Hall of Fame

Ya def seems like a third or second line center

Old
06-27-2009, 02:28 PM
NHLHammerbound*

HitByWitt:
Quote:
Personally I think MPS is going to be the most dynamic player of that bunch. However, I like Schroeder and Hodgson much more than I like Eberle.
Eberle's FAST, a slick puck carrier/ with plenty o dangle + He Can Finnish....He's NOT chopped liver by any means. I'd take Edmonton's two without a SECOND THOUGHT...

Old
06-27-2009, 02:30 PM
frag2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoastsniper View Post
Because "Some have been critical of Schroeder because of his size, but he would be a useful asset to any team in terms of his skill alone. Schroeder is a wizard with the puck, consistently findings ways to penetrate defenses with his deft stickhandling or speed. Schroeder does need to bulk up some to play professionally, but his skill level is already near-NHL caliber. Don't be surprised to see Schroeder as a first or second-line center in the near future."
Sounds like Schremp minus the skating
Schremp has all world stck skills, even to this date, yet...yeah Oiler fans don't want to discuss about him right now

Old
06-27-2009, 02:30 PM
In Exisle

Quote:
HitByWitt:

Eberle's a slick puck carrier/ has plent o dangle + He Can Finnish....He's NOT chopped liver by any means. I'd take Edmonton's two without a SECOND THOUGHT...
He isn't chopped liver.. I just like Schroeder's talent more and Hodgson is just going to be a pure winner.

MPS is the star of the bunch.

Old
06-27-2009, 02:32 PM
Klaus*

The best thing about all of this is that the Oilers also have Cogliano and Gagner to add alongside MPS and Eberle. Good times ahead.

Old
06-27-2009, 02:35 PM
VelvetJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars and Stripes View Post
The best thing about all of this is that the Oilers also have Cogliano and Gagner to add alongside MPS and Eberle. Good times ahead.
Maybe Omark too.

Old
06-27-2009, 02:35 PM
Taco Fingerhat

Quote:
AO:

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but really? Hockeysfuture has Hodgson ranked as the 4th best prospect in the world. Call it way too high if you like (I wouldn't) but the way Hodgson has progressed I'd be shocked if he didn't turn out to be a very good 2nd liner. And yes, while Hodgson's greatest asset is his work ethic, that is not to take anything away from his amazing hockey IQ or laser of a wrister, for which he has also won accolades. And I can say all this because I've had a lot of opportunities to watch him.

I'm not even going to play down MSP either to try and bulk up my argument. MSP could very well turn into the next Hemsky or Forsberg. (I actually think he sounds a lot like a Hemsky player) But at this stage, he has more to prove than Hodgson. And that's only fair as he's a year younger.

I just don't see how you could make this out to be a slam dunk argument. The advantages MSP may have over Hodgson are negated by the fact that he has a much higher bust potential.

Old
06-27-2009, 02:36 PM
NHLHammerbound*

LucB:
Quote:
....( Hodgson) 2009 OHL Coaches Award for Hardest Worker
YAWN...MSP's a year younger & played in Sweden, so isn't likely to win CHL awards...

Like I said, Hodgson's biggest asset is his work ethic...BUT his upside is NOTHING next to MSP's = First line player/ NHL All Star...vs, glorified SECOND Liner...AT BEST

Old
06-27-2009, 02:37 PM
SK13
Mo'Linguish

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998 View Post
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but really? Hockeysfuture has Hodgson ranked as the 4th best prospect in the world. Call it way too high if you like (I wouldn't) but the way Hodgson has progressed I'd be shocked if he didn't turn out to be a very good 2nd liner. And yes, while Hodgson's greatest asset is his work ethic, that is not to take anything away from his amazing hockey IQ or laser of a wrister, for which he has also won accolades. And I can say all this because I've had a lot of opportunities to watch him.

I'm not even going to play down MSP either to try and bulk up my argument. MSP could very well turn into the next Hemsky or Forsberg. (I actually think he sounds a lot like a Hemsky player) But at this stage, he has more to prove than Hodgson. And that's only fair as he's a year younger.

I just don't see how you could make this out to be a slam dunk argument. The advantages MSP may have over Hodgson are negated by the fact that he has a much higher bust potential.
Completely fair.

Hemsky is wrong though. Svensson is 6'1.5 200lbs - a bit more physically commanding.

Old
06-27-2009, 02:37 PM
Klaus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMacdonald View Post
Maybe Omark too.
Yes, forgot about Linus as well. We definitely have our options. Nash and Van Velde look good for 3rd line guys too.

Old
06-27-2009, 02:38 PM
The Dayvan Cowboy
Registered Genius

I'm an Oilers fan and even I would take Vancouver's pair. Don't get me wrong, I really like MPS and Eberle, but I think their two are just a little bit better.

Old
06-27-2009, 02:44 PM
40oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
DON'T MAKE ME LINK IT!

2009 Bob Mackenzie (Best player WJC)

Ya def seems like a third or second line center
Is this an actual award? I googled it but found nothing. Do you have a link or anything for this?

Quote:
HitByWitt:

Eberle's FAST, a slick puck carrier/ with plenty o dangle + He Can Finnish....He's NOT chopped liver by any means. I'd take Edmonton's two without a SECOND THOUGHT...
Eberles speed is pretty average, he isnt that fast.

Closed Thread