HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Eberle(22) and MPS(10) vs. Hodgson(10) and Schroeder(22)

Closed Thread

Old
06-27-2009, 05:04 PM
Cody Hodgson

vCash: 500
Eberle isn't a fast skater by any means. Unless he dramatically improved since the WJC, he's about the same as Hodgson in terms of speed.

Schroeder on the other hand is among one of the best skaters in this years draft and has that speed. So I'm not exaclty sure where you're hearing your stuff from.

Old
06-27-2009, 05:05 PM
SumOil

MPS has way more offensive potential than Hodgson and schroeder has it over eberle

Old
06-27-2009, 06:39 PM
NHLHammerbound*

Hodgson :
Quote:
Eberle isn't a fast skater by any means. Unless he dramatically improved since the WJC, he's about the same as Hodgson in terms of speed.
Nonsense, he's MUCH faster than Hodgson , and certainly showed this in the WJ's. Eberle's a GOOD skater, prolly on a par with Schroeder" ( at a minimum ) like I said before ( since Schroeder couldn't catch JT on an En breakaway during WJC's ) Hodgson's skating remains a concern.

Here's an OP which appears to agree with MY assessment/ refutes urs.

Quote:
Gary Brown assesses the Oiler's Prospects ( care of Edmonton Journal )

Brown: " Jordan Eberle love that kid,. "

David Staples: Eberle -- why do you love that kid? What did you see in his game that
impressed you?

Brown: He always seemed to be in the right place, and he looks like a GREAT
SKATER.
Do I need to provide a link ???

Old
06-27-2009, 06:42 PM
Ovechking

vCash: 50
Eberle + Magnus.

Not a fan of Hodgson, tbh. HUGE fan of MPS.

Old
06-27-2009, 06:44 PM
vwg*

I envy both combos but I'd take the Canucks duo.

Old
06-27-2009, 06:49 PM
VelvetJones

I'll take them both

gimmi

Old
06-27-2009, 06:59 PM
imanania

MSP stinks of the next Lombardi. Cuts to the outside way too much. Doesn't drive to the net, lack of natural finishing. I say he's a 2nd line winger at best, but will mostly play the 3rd line checking winger role. If he keeps cutting to the outside, he's gonna be crushed by guys like Phaneuf, Edler in his division.

Oilers fans are setting themselves up for disappointment. Laugh at me, I don't give a *****, but it's better to go with the safer pick which is Hodgson and Schroeder. Oh ya, please don't say you prefer MSP and Eberle because you like their play better. That's absolute BS. MSP is like a Robert Nilson with more potential. I'm beginning to almost hate the guy due to all the praise Coiler fans give him, and they don't even watch him play and make assumptions due to quick 30 second highlights.

MSP: comparable to Jamie Lundmark, Matthew Lombardi, Robert Nilsson

Potential: 2nd line winger, 35goal,40 assist. Comparable to Elias, Semin, Cammaleri, maybe Naslund.

Old
06-27-2009, 07:06 PM
kurri_17

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskyoil View Post
Has anyone paused to think:

Hodgson is a year older than MSP, and accrued his well deserved accolades during this year advantage? MSP has not had the chance to prove himself.

As far as Schroeder vs Eberle... it works the same, Eberle has had a year to elevate his stock with great play and Schroeder's stock has only just been set (drafted yesterday!).
Thank you

Reality here is the Canuck 10th overall has had a year of development - in that year they proved themselves. (usually much closer than the 22nd to playing in the NHL)
How Paajarvi does this year is key. He could still be a bust, he could be a first line LW (a hard to find commodity).

I'd take Hodgson right now because the fog has been somewhat cleared and his risk level dropped significantly in the last year. It looks like he's going to be a player.

If I had a choice right now, I take the more sure thing. But I know why it's a more sure thing.

As to Eberle vs Schroeder - I pick Eberle - a goal scorer who at least hit the AHL and proved very briefly he was ready. But again, he had a year more of development. It's not a fair comparison.

Let's talk in three years.

Old
06-27-2009, 07:11 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Lets just end this debate with.

Edmonton and Vancouver both FINALLY have very good and high end prospects in there system. (Well finally for Vancouver anyways)
Yah, I'm pretty good with that.

/thread

Closed Thread