HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Evgeny Grachev....

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-27-2009, 08:43 PM
  #51
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugs35 View Post
So how does this rule apply to Kreider and Bourque, since as I understand it their rights are held by junior teams but they haven't played there yet?

If Kreider for whatever reason decided against BC and headed up there could he potentially go to the AHL whenever he's ready?
It's more to do with where they were playing when they were drafted. If a player was in the CHL, then they're subject to the 4 year/20 years of age thing. If they were playing somewhere else (prep school, USHL, Russia or any other country) then it doesn't apply to them, even if they go to play in the CHL later.

Only thing that matters is where you were playing when you got drafted (or your draft year more accurately)

Yes Kreider could conceivably go to the AHL next year, but I don't think that's really on anyone's radar. Same with Bourque

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2009, 09:11 PM
  #52
Pugs35
Registered User
 
Pugs35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 1,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
It's more to do with where they were playing when they were drafted. If a player was in the CHL, then they're subject to the 4 year/20 years of age thing. If they were playing somewhere else (prep school, USHL, Russia or any other country) then it doesn't apply to them, even if they go to play in the CHL later.

Only thing that matters is where you were playing when you got drafted (or your draft year more accurately)

Yes Kreider could conceivably go to the AHL next year, but I don't think that's really on anyone's radar. Same with Bourque
Yeah it was more of a hypothetical question, thanks.

Pugs35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 01:40 PM
  #53
MidnightRanger
Registered User
 
MidnightRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 1,407
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
Wow. I haven't been paying attention to our prospect pool since Cherepanov died. But this kid Grachev looks legit and nothing like the scouting report said. This guy is big, relatively fast for his size and what a wicked NHL caliber wrist shot. Not only that, he scores in many different ways and doesn't rely solely on that shot. Great prospect.

MidnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 02:22 PM
  #54
benneyb
Registered User
 
benneyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 183
vCash: 500
Great video compilation - made me curious to poke around and view some others. Check out the goal at the 2:20 mark of the video below. WOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrC2R8_-TtA

Enjoy!

benneyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 02:33 PM
  #55
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayStorm View Post
Wow. I haven't been paying attention to our prospect pool since Cherepanov died. But this kid Grachev looks legit and nothing like the scouting report said. This guy is big, relatively fast for his size and what a wicked NHL caliber wrist shot. Not only that, he scores in many different ways and doesn't rely solely on that shot. Great prospect.
relatively fast? you know he placed 2nd in the fastest skater competition right? his straight away speed is frikkin ridiculous.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 02:34 PM
  #56
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by benneyb View Post
Great video compilation - made me curious to poke around and view some others. Check out the goal at the 2:20 mark of the video below. WOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrC2R8_-TtA

Enjoy!
btw, yeah i remember watching that one before and thinking...holy crap does this kid have talent or what.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 03:20 PM
  #57
lundqvistfan33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 292
vCash: 500
what are we expecting from him this coming year?

any more good video of him other than the one on page 1 of thread?

lundqvistfan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 04:01 PM
  #58
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lundqvistfan33 View Post
what are we expecting from him this coming year?

any more good video of him other than the one on page 1 of thread?
expecting? probably 15 goals and 20 assists...somewhere in that range.

i dont expect huge things from kids making the jump to the nhl from juniors (and yes, i expect him to make the big club)

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 04:52 PM
  #59
lundqvistfan33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 292
vCash: 500
who else are we likely to see make the big club this year from our pool of prospects?

lundqvistfan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 05:20 PM
  #60
CH2
Registered User
 
CH2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 1,360
vCash: 500
If David Kveton comes across the pond for training camp, he'll push for a roster spot.

CH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 05:22 PM
  #61
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lundqvistfan33 View Post
who else are we likely to see make the big club this year from our pool of prospects?
I think Anisimov is a lock, and Byers will probably make it as well. Orr isn't coming back and Betts may not be, so Byers will probably get a 4th line spot.

Gilroy has a real good shot of making it. I think at least one of Sauer and Potter will make the team, if not both. I can see Potter being a 7th dman.

Grachev, Del Zotto and Sanguinetti all have a shot.

It should be very interesting this year. Being so tight against the cap, I can see the Rangers icing a lot of rookies this year. MDZ may go back to juniors simply because we have so many other young dmen on the cusp.

I think that whoever makes it out of camp, the others (other than MDZ) will be in Hartford and will likely see some callups during the year).

If I had to guess, I'd say Anisimov, Byers and Gilroy make the team, with Sauer or Potter as a 7th dman, though they may decide to only carry 6 like last year to save money.

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 09:04 PM
  #62
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
I think Anisimov is a lock, and Byers will probably make it as well. Orr isn't coming back and Betts may not be, so Byers will probably get a 4th line spot.

Gilroy has a real good shot of making it. I think at least one of Sauer and Potter will make the team, if not both. I can see Potter being a 7th dman.

Grachev, Del Zotto and Sanguinetti all have a shot.

It should be very interesting this year. Being so tight against the cap, I can see the Rangers icing a lot of rookies this year. MDZ may go back to juniors simply because we have so many other young dmen on the cusp.

I think that whoever makes it out of camp, the others (other than MDZ) will be in Hartford and will likely see some callups during the year).

If I had to guess, I'd say Anisimov, Byers and Gilroy make the team, with Sauer or Potter as a 7th dman, though they may decide to only carry 6 like last year to save money.

Because of the cap I think its a lock most of these guys make it

Anisimov ,3 rd line C , Byers 4th line RW, Sauer 6th Dman, Potter 7th

no rush on Sangs, Grachev but they will push . I think they start in Hartford still but u never know

I hope they sign a physical and somewhat affordable Dman on Wed to round out the D. Move Rozy for a forward with some salary

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 09:19 PM
  #63
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 12,396
vCash: 500
Training camp will be interesting. In my eyes Grachev could make the Rangers roster. We will see if he was feeding off of his line mates or if he is the real deal. I am very excited for this training camp.

Barbara Underhill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 09:37 PM
  #64
Prusted
Registered User
 
Prusted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Patterson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,433
vCash: 500
That last goal in the compilation where he just blows past everyone on the ice is ridiculous!

Prusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 09:50 PM
  #65
MidnightRanger
Registered User
 
MidnightRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 1,407
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
relatively fast? you know he placed 2nd in the fastest skater competition right? his straight away speed is frikkin ridiculous.
Even better. Which goes to show how miscouted he was when they said he needed to improve his skating. Boy did he ever.

MidnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 10:31 PM
  #66
ThirdEye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 11,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Failure By Design View Post
Training camp will be interesting. In my eyes Grachev could make the Rangers roster. We will see if he was feeding off of his line mates or if he is the real deal. I am very excited for this training camp.
To be fair though, that was some TERRIBLE defense. Still, it looked like he went from 1st gear to 5th in one stride.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 10:57 PM
  #67
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 12,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
To be fair though, that was some TERRIBLE defense. Still, it looked like he went from 1st gear to 5th in one stride.
Oh exactly I think he was playing against some weak competition in a few clips. But I think he makes an honest run for a roster spot. Especially if they stand pat during free agency and are forced to use the young guys. He will beat out most of the prospects we have in the AHL, IMHO.

Barbara Underhill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 11:40 PM
  #68
Radek27
Registered User
 
Radek27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,969
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
So if he doesn't make the team this year it's back to juniors? I don't see how that could help him at this stage.......the Rangers almost have to make room for this kid unless he ***** the bed at camp and preseason.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 11:42 PM
  #69
ThirdEye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 11,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Failure By Design View Post
Oh exactly I think he was playing against some weak competition in a few clips. But I think he makes an honest run for a roster spot. Especially if they stand pat during free agency and are forced to use the young guys. He will beat out most of the prospects we have in the AHL, IMHO.
Me too. I also think he'll score 20 goals if he gets decent playing time. His shot is good enough that if he gets a lot of open space, which isn't unrealistic since he will be a rookie, he will definitely score a few.

I think his shot is already better than half the players on this team. But that's not really saying much

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 11:48 PM
  #70
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 12,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
So if he doesn't make the team this year it's back to juniors? I don't see how that could help him at this stage.......the Rangers almost have to make room for this kid unless he ***** the bed at camp and preseason.
I am pretty sure he could play in Hartford.

Barbara Underhill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 11:57 PM
  #71
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 12,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Me too. I also think he'll score 20 goals if he gets decent playing time. His shot is good enough that if he gets a lot of open space, which isn't unrealistic since he will be a rookie, he will definitely score a few.

I think his shot is already better than half the players on this team. But that's not really saying much
He has shown the ability to make some room for himself in that compilation video he steps past a guy into the high slot and let's a wrister fly. Not saying he can do that at the NHL level but with his size I think he can get a little dirty and make some room for himself. He might have a slow start but I can see him picking it up and having a Dubinsky like rookie season. With maybe a few more goals.

Barbara Underhill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 12:30 AM
  #72
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 10,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
So if he doesn't make the team this year it's back to juniors? I don't see how that could help him at this stage.......the Rangers almost have to make room for this kid unless he ***** the bed at camp and preseason.
No, Grachev is eligible to play in HFD next season if he doesn't make the big show, and that's probably exactly what would happen.

we want cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 01:06 AM
  #73
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,080
vCash: 500
I'm almost confident Grachev reaches 40-45 points(in his 1st season)....possibly more.

25 goals...20 assists give or take.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 01:46 AM
  #74
Shake and Bake
 
Shake and Bake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,367
vCash: 500
Our best prospect. I think he will make the team this year. Future All Star.

I love this guy.

Shake and Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 11:39 AM
  #75
ecemleafs
Registered User
 
ecemleafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 9,435
vCash: 500
did he play in camp and preseason last year?

ecemleafs is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.