HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Louis Leblanc selected #18th - All Leblanc pick discussion

Old
06-22-2009, 11:45 PM
Willis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
What's wrong about Coburn? And as far as Brulé is concerned, I just can't understand how people can't see that it could very well be way more about development than the draft pick himself. The kid was killed by Hitchcock and friends. He might not have never been the star he was scheduled to be but that bad? I don't believe it. And what's work for one as to work for the others. We keep hearing how development is just as big as drafting. Well if it could happen to Timmins and Co, it could happen to everybody else.
Not to mention that Gilbert Brule is also not from Quebec but born in Edmonton. But why should people let such facts get in the way. He has a French name therefore he is a local boy.

Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 11:49 PM
StlRams514

Send a message via MSN to StlRams514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis View Post
Not to mention that Gilbert Brule is also not from Quebec but born in Edmonton. But why should people let such facts get in the way. He has a French name therefore he is a local boy.
Nowhere was it said (in this thread) that he should have been or not been drafted because of his name.
If you want to use that argument take a look at our newest 'French Canadian' coach.

StlRams514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 11:58 PM
Avant-Gardien

While I'm on the Leblanc bandwagon, I really don't think he's going to be around after 17 teams have made their picks.

Avant-Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 12:09 AM
dcyhabs

Never, never take the guy with the star linemates

Too hard to tell who will keep producing without the others. It is easy to look good when the defence is keying on a different forward.

dcyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 12:21 AM
CraigDarby*

Yeah, he might be a steal for a team looking for a Chris Higgins type pick in the mid-late teens. We already have our Chris Higgins, and many more in that mold... It's time to swing for the fences, and unfortunately a guy with less talent than our late second round pick last year isn't a home-run type swing.

CraigDarby* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 12:46 AM
keemo905

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
wow. If b.mac said that, he just won me over to the louis leblanc side. Doesn't really matter what we or bob McKenzie think though, it's all about trevor timmins.
It is actually all about the 17 GM that pick before us... By the 18th pick, he will be gone... Unless we do something to move up, but to what spot? And for how much?

keemo905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 03:13 AM
Mr. Hab

McKenzie is trying to say that LeBlanc should go top 12-14, and not #17 (or Habs' #18).

McKenzie should also have added that Schenn will be a steal if he is still available at #7!! (Leafs' #7).

IMO, Schenn will be, should be picked up #4 or #5.

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 06:39 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
For Timmins to notice him in the first round, his name would have to be Lucas McBlank from St.Paul Minnesota.
Getting old these jokes are....

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 07:08 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis View Post
Huh? Where did I say that I liked him because he was local?

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 07:13 AM
Caseofcups*

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Getting old these jokes are....
You're right, his picks ARE getting old.

Caseofcups* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 07:15 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Robert View Post
As for Deschamps, like I said, I never understood the hype and have a very hard time believing Timmins was very high on him. He's one of those vanilla type players who to me, seems like he will struggle to find a role in the NHL. Now Danick Paquette on the other hand...that would have been a solid selection.
Don't get me started on Paquette. Clearly not a Timmins kinda pick. Despite the picks of Latendresse, Chipchura and White, Timmins BPA notion is based on 2 things. If he hesitates between 2 players, he'll go with a d-man. And he will always go with the guy that has the fastest feet and better agility (not inventing things, he told me that in a past dev. camp). So Timmins pick will always have great agility. Clearly a guy like Ryan White was supposed to go much earlier and feel 'cause of his skating. At the time we pick, Timmins thought that he was clearly the BPA. Might have been the same for him in 2004 for Chip and same for Lats. But while I wanted Paquette at one point, I totally didn't expect him. It does suck 'cause while we might (i say might depending on how Kristo develops offensively) have tons of Kristo's in our pool, we do not have our own Chris Neil yet. We'll see what Conboy will do in the near future. But I really believe that despite his deficiencies, Paquette will make an NHL lineup real soon. It will be a fun year in Quebec city....with Delmas in net, they could go very far.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 07:15 AM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseofcups View Post
Yeah pretty impossible for them to start getting younger...

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 09:20 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Robert View Post
IAs for Deschamps, like I said, I never understood the hype and have a very hard time believing Timmins was very high on him. He's one of those vanilla type players who to me, seems like he will struggle to find a role in the NHL. Now Danick Paquette on the other hand...that would have been a solid selection.
Everything I heard pointed to the Habs taking Deschamps, I got a good source that knows Timmins well and he told me that Timmins was very high on Deschamps and Kristo (and McDonagh in '07)

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 09:23 AM
Kafka

Well, now we know Montreal won't be able to draft him. Anyway, if LeCavalier is comming to Montreal, this first pick will be owned by TB.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 09:54 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Kyle Woodlief (Red Line Report) has him going at #7

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 10:14 AM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcyhabs View Post
Too hard to tell who will keep producing without the others. It is easy to look good when the defence is keying on a different forward.
I disagree. Both Kane and Gagner are turning out to be great picks. Schenn and Glennie have both done fine when the other is out of the lineup. Boedker was playing on a dominant Kitchener team, but I'm sure Phoenix doesn't regret picking him.

Of course, quality of teammates is a factor. But it should be balanced along with quality of competition, time on ice, time on the PP... it's just one of many considerations.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 11:29 AM
StlRams514

Send a message via MSN to StlRams514
Quote:
Your comments are getting old.
Tell you what. Give me a list of your top 2 propects from each round that the Habs will have a realistic shot at getting.
I wanna book this thread and throw it back in your face in 3 years. That said, I'd actually need to remember to check bookmarks...

StlRams514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 02:02 PM
Talent Analyst

Maybe we could trade up to draft Kulikov or LeBlanc?

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 02:35 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
Maybe we could trade up to draft Kulikov or LeBlanc?
I think it would be hard to trade up to get Kulikov, who I'm guessing goes top 10 or so. Leblanc, I'd be surprised if he went in the top 15, so perhaps they could something like they did with the Higgins pick when we moved up from 15th to 14th to get him. So hard to say how it will shake out as opinions all over all the place on this draft class, plus there's always a surprise pick or two usually, so we might get lucky and have Timmins pick fall to him again like they did in '07 with McDonagh.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 04:33 PM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by not quite yoda View Post
I would LOVE to see O'byrne flipped for a 2nd rounder. Heck I'd settle for a third. We have Weber, Mcdonnagh, subban coming...

I disagree. Defensemen of his size, that can skate do not grow on trees. Imagine if he had a Defense coach......

Komisarek was as inconsistant, or even worse at that stage of his career. Now... teams will probably pay him $5 to $6 Million.

Throwing away prospects is the best way to become the Islanders or the Leafs.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 04:34 PM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Getlaf, Richards, Kopitar, Carter.

He never had a chance to fill our need for a top notch center
imagine none of them are French Canadians and people would still want them on the Habs.... it's a Xmas miracle.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 05:18 PM
habdynasty

Leblanc will go first overall... I mean this kid is french!!!!!!

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 07:22 PM
Sandvich
VERY NICE

Maybe Islanders will draft him then give us Tavares?

Sandvich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 08:49 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
Well, now we know Montreal won't be able to draft him. Anyway, if LeCavalier is comming to Montreal, this first pick will be owned by TB.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StlRams514 View Post
Your comments are getting old.
Tell you what. Give me a list of your top 2 propects from each round that the Habs will have a realistic shot at getting.
I wanna book this thread and throw it back in your face in 3 years. That said, I'd actually need to remember to check bookmarks...
One of them is getting paid big bucks to make those decisions. I'll let you guess which one.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 09:03 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Can a mod change the title? It really bugs me. He only said he was a sleeper pick in the middle of the first round, not the steal of the draft...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote