HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

65th overall selection - Joonas Nattinen

Old
06-28-2009, 09:28 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Strange that at the U-20 he had a terrific faceoff % and ended up with 1 goal and 3 points but at the U-18 4 months later he ended up with only 1 more point and -3 one of the worst of his team. And on top of that, one of the worst in the faceoff circle.

In comparison, while Rajala and him had the same kind of stats at the U-20, Rajala destroyed the competition at the U-18 while Naatinen could have been much better.

Mind you, I'm not dissing the pick....he's the guy I wanted. But it has to be a concern, or it's a sign that when paired with better players, he's a better player himself......or he had an injury or some other things like that....
I can't wait to watch him again in the WJC as an 18 year old.

He didn't really impress me in the U18 game, but hey things change in one year.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 08:14 AM
montreal
Time to Get Down

vCash: 500
I watched the game last night against Canada, he was on the ice for 2 goals against, one was on the PK he lost the face-off in his own end but nothing he could have done on the goal.

He is a big body and moves well, so that's good to see. He made a nice pass, but at least once I saw him not backing checking hard. I don't know what his stats were for the game in the face-off circle but he seemed to be taking many key face-offs. Not really sure what to make of him yet. Look forward to the wjc's, too bad Finland is not playing USA in the pre tournay in August like they usually do, would have been cool to have him play against Kristo/Cichy, but USA is playing Russia this year instea so maybe Trunev and or Avtsin will be there.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 04:09 PM
Papa_Bear_21

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I watched the game last night against Canada, he was on the ice for 2 goals against, one was on the PK he lost the face-off in his own end but nothing he could have done on the goal.

He is a big body and moves well, so that's good to see. He made a nice pass, but at least once I saw him not backing checking hard. I don't know what his stats were for the game in the face-off circle but he seemed to be taking many key face-offs. Not really sure what to make of him yet. Look forward to the wjc's, too bad Finland is not playing USA in the pre tournay in August like they usually do, would have been cool to have him play against Kristo/Cichy, but USA is playing Russia this year instea so maybe Trunev and or Avtsin will be there.
I know it's hard to say, but how would you compare him to A. GUSTAFSSON (2008) and / or P. Berglund (2006) at the same age?

Thanks

Papa_Bear_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 06:24 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Bear_21 View Post
I know it's hard to say, but how would you compare him to A. GUSTAFSSON (2008) and / or P. Berglund (2006) at the same age?

Thanks
I couldn't I don't think I saw them at 17.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 06:40 PM
Talentless Practise*

Nattinen had some sort of a virus disease before the U18's and missed i think all of the teams practise games before the tourney. That might have had an effect, especially as he played 4 games in 6 days in the group stage to begin the tourney.

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 02:49 AM
edd1e

In u18 the rajala-granlund-pulkkinen pretty much did all the scoring Finland needed. That is also one of the reasons why Nättinen didnt show up on the scoreboard..

edd1e is offline   Reply With Quote