HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

U of A and UNB in a dog fight

Closed Thread

Old
03-27-2004, 05:13 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
U of A and UNB in a dog fight

4-4 about 5 minutes into the third! The Golden Bears were up 4-2 after two periods.

It's on TSN and TEAM 1260.

Old
03-27-2004, 05:43 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

5-4 (UNB) with just a minute and forty seconds to go.

Old
03-27-2004, 05:45 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

TIE GAME TIE GAME TIE GAME 41 seconds left and I think Bob Stauffer just blew his voice box right out of his trachea!

Old
03-27-2004, 05:45 PM
streetballer03

all tied up!

Old
03-27-2004, 05:47 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

headed for OT now.

Old
03-27-2004, 05:58 PM
streetballer03

sorry guy we lost

Old
03-27-2004, 05:58 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

ah crap. UNB wins it in OT on a goal by an Edmonton born kid.

Old
03-27-2004, 06:07 PM
Walsher

The Bears really blew that one. Should have put UNB away, let them hang around and it came back to bite them. Really frustrating, and especially dissapointing for 5th year guys St. Martin, Marsh, Wade, Pool, & Knoblauch. Tough to watch - they should have won.

Old
03-27-2004, 06:18 PM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

It's too bad that the UNB goal judge couldn't see the Bears goal. Otherwise, this would have been a different game.

But full credit to UNB, they played an excellent game coming back from 2 goals down, and then rallying in OT after letting in a heartbreaker in the last minute. I wonder how hard this loss will hit U of A. Its been 4 years since the Bears won Nationals.

Old
03-27-2004, 06:20 PM
Walsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20
It's too bad that the UNB goal judge couldn't see the Bears goal. Otherwise, this would have been a different game.

But full credit to UNB, they played an excellent game coming back from 2 goals down, and then rallying in OT after letting in a heartbreaker in the last minute. I wonder how hard this loss will hit U of A. Its been 4 years since the Bears won Nationals.
Not to mention that they lose 4 key players and an all star backup goaltender. The good news for the team is with Thompson playing well as a freshman and an almost unstoppable recruiting process I am sure they will return strong next year. Clearly rebuilding after losing arguably there 3 best forwards, and the captain and anchor on the back end. Tough to watch for sure - especially that goal that wasn't counted. But hey, no excuses that was a hungrier team in UNB with the home ice advantage.

Old
03-28-2004, 12:58 PM
t0mf00lery

I think I was the only U of A fan in attendance last night. That was the loudest I've ever heard the Aitken Centre.

I couldn't believe tha UNB won. Dustin Schaefer wasn't too good. i bet he'd like to have a couple of those goals back.

Old
03-28-2004, 01:29 PM
Walsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerrick
I think I was the only U of A fan in attendance last night. That was the loudest I've ever heard the Aitken Centre.

I couldn't believe tha UNB won. Dustin Schaefer wasn't too good. i bet he'd like to have a couple of those goals back.
Schwartz you mean? Ya he let in a couple softies. Ya gotta wonder about how they were going to react to any contraversy being so dominant all year. They also lost todays Bronze medal game. Brutal.

Old
03-28-2004, 01:35 PM
t0mf00lery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsher
Schwartz you mean? Ya he let in a couple softies. Ya gotta wonder about how they were going to react to any contraversy being so dominant all year. They also lost todays Bronze medal game. Brutal.
Yeah, my bad. Weird how I would mess his name up seeing that I used to be a fan of his way back when he played in Medicine Hat.

Old
03-28-2004, 03:09 PM
Matts

Why

do the Bears choke every year? What's their sked like during the reg seasom? Is it that they really aren't ready for the calibre of competition at the nat level?

I tape Global Edm all season long and fastforward with a yawn through the Bears stuff.

They seem to be like the Bills

Old
03-28-2004, 03:12 PM
smytty's mullet

pretty hilarious in my opinion that the bears choked again. i'm a u of s huskies fan so it's obvious why i'm not a bears fan. the bears won a couple national titles in the late 90's that they didn't deserve when the u of s wiped them off the map in the canada west final but the bears got in only because the huskies hosted nationals. just the hockey gods getting even with them, imo.

the strange thing as far as i'm concerned is the bears goaltending. the year they won their last title clayton pool was in net and was both all canadian and the best rookie in university hockey. he lost his job the next year to schwartz and has been back up the last 4 years and watched schwartz play like tommy salo in a big game every year. kind of makes you wonder why daum messed with success.

Old
03-28-2004, 03:15 PM
smytty's mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts
do the Bears choke every year?
i think the reason they choke is that it comes so easy to them during the regular season and they never face any adversity. when they finally got into a really tight game yesterday with so much on the line, it was the first time all year that they really had a gun to their head and they didn't know how to respond. i think a little adversity always does a team good in the long run.

Closed Thread