HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lombardi's building plan is on track in L.A.

Old
06-30-2009, 11:55 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

vCash: 500
Lombardi's building plan is on track in L.A.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=4...id=DL|NHL|Home

"You don't build the culture of a hockey team or a team identity overnight," Lombardi explained. "We went out and signed six or seven free agents my first year in L.A. But that was just to buy some time for the franchise ... to do things the right way by picking our own type of players."

"No matter how you look at it, when we took over, I made it a point to get our scouts on the same page and I think we've found a good strategy to pick the right players ... and if that right player isn't next on our list we go to the next guy. That way there's no gray area," Lombardi said.

"It may sound cliche, but you never have too many assets in the bank. I smile when I watch our team play now and think where we were when I first got here. But then I look to Chicago and see how it took them six great drafts to produce the kind of crop of prospects they have."

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:04 PM
Dave in LA
Chick Magnet

You can't keep all the prospects. Some of them will have to be included in a trade.

Let's hope DL has the balls to pull the trigger when the time is right.

Dave in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:13 PM
fiveholio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in LA View Post
You can't keep all the prospects. Some of them will have to be included in a trade.

I wouldn't worry too much... when he refers to them as assets and not players, he's not married to all of them staying in the program.

fiveholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 03:19 PM
Hendrydoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in LA View Post

Although I'd love to see a player like Phaneuf in LA. (that rumor from yesterday, not realistic imo) I worry to think what that trade would do to our stable. That trade is for when the Kings have made a few good runs though the playoffs and are knocking on the door of a championship.

Hendrydoso is offline   Reply With Quote