Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Clemmensen/Weekes Performance for Sutter

Old
06-27-2009, 10:14 PM
abracanada

vCash: 500
Clemmensen/Weekes Performance for Sutter

I recall during the season, when Brodeur went down, the Devils didn't even miss a beat. Clemmensen and Weekes both produced excellent numbers and Clemmensen got into 40 games.

Sutter will likely be the most important acquisition Darryl has made.

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2009, 11:04 PM
BurnEmUp

The coaching staff we have now is going to get this team playing the way it used under Darryl when he coached. The big difference now is that we have a heck of alot more talent than we had then. This Flames fan is getting excited.

As for Clemmenson and Weekes, I'm sure they both played really well, but when a team is playing a solid team game that stems from being responsible defensively, it makes a big difference in a goalies stats line.

BurnEmUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 09:09 AM
abracanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnEmUp View Post
The coaching staff we have now is going to get this team playing the way it used under Darryl when he coached. The big difference now is that we have a heck of alot more talent than we had then. This Flames fan is getting excited.

As for Clemmenson and Weekes, I'm sure they both played really well, but when a team is playing a solid team game that stems from being responsible defensively, it makes a big difference in a goalies stats line.
The potential is there for this team to go far. My biggest question is what will it take to rejuvenate Kipper. I hope to hell Sutter got it right this time using Noodles.

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2009, 10:43 AM
Lunatik*

Sutter just re-signed McElhinney for 2 years at $535,000 per year... he is likely not even going to consider bringing in a backup this summer

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote