HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

B. Schenn still on the table??

Old
06-29-2009, 07:42 PM
New Liskeard

vCash: 500
Wouldn't be suprised to see Brayden in a package (Teubert +) for Heatley.

New Liskeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 07:46 PM
SenatorArmy

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to SenatorArmy Send a message via Yahoo to SenatorArmy
If Brayden Schenn gets traded to the Senators it will be the ultimate kick in the ass to Leafs fans. Talk about putting salt in an open wound. Kicking a man when he's down.

oh boy. that would be hilarious.

SenatorArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 07:49 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenatorArmy View Post
If Brayden Schenn gets traded to the Senators it will be the ultimate kick in the ass to Leafs fans. Talk about putting salt in an open wound. Kicking a man when he's down.

hehe.........

basically i would do that just for Burkes face....
But then reality is coming back and we keep Schenn for good reasons

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 07:52 PM
IBLeaf*

Quote:

Well the last time they played, Brayden ended up on his ass, courtesy of Luke.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 08:31 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by TML4LIFE View Post
Wouldn't be suprised to see Brayden in a package (Teubert +) for Heatley.
I would be, as would every Kings fan. Heatley to L.A. is DEAD.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 08:39 PM
IBLeaf*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
I would be, as would every Kings fan. Heatley to L.A. is DEAD.
Yep, DL already confirmed there were no more talks.

Old
06-29-2009, 08:40 PM
Delayed Offside

can we also end all this b. schenn to the leafs crap? it's not going to happen...

Delayed Offside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 09:03 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I think Kings fans should turn the tables around and start spreading false rumors of Luke Schenn coming to LA. That'll show 'em!

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 09:15 PM
SenatorArmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I think Kings fans should turn the tables around and start spreading false rumors of Luke Schenn coming to LA. That'll show 'em!
I think there's actually a possibility of that happening since LUke Schenn will be a UFA before brayden

Old
06-29-2009, 09:26 PM
Tombernack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Go for it. Then we can without counter with:

"oooooooomg let it go, he'll never be a King"

or crap like:

"LA doesn't have anything of value"

Tombernack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 09:30 PM
SenatorArmy

L.A. definitely has the assets to trade for Schenn.

How about L. Schenn + for Doughty?

How about Hickey + for L. Schenn?
How about Teubert + for L. Schenn?

When it comes to tradable assets for acquiring L. Schenn L.A. has alot of them. Now what assets can the Leafs offer L.A. for Brayden?

Kaberle! LOL

Old
06-29-2009, 09:39 PM
Tombernack

Quote:
L.A. definitely has the assets to trade for Schenn.

How about L. Schenn + for Doughty?

How about Hickey + for L. Schenn?
How about Teubert + for L. Schenn?

When it comes to tradable assets for acquiring L. Schenn L.A. has alot of them. Now what assets can the Leafs offer L.A. for Brayden?

Kaberle! LOL
Thats why I said "crap". Because it simply isn't true. Regardless of what you might think, Toronto does have some marketable assets. And they definitely do have the assets for B. Schenn if they choose to overpay. Its a moot point because B.Schenn isn't for sale and Burke doesn't plan to get robbed. Its all a moot point.

Old
06-29-2009, 10:09 PM
GeneralSwell

I'm going to stay clear of this entire arguement, but I do have a question.

Is it common for posters on this site to value prospects over proven NHLers? My god, i've only read a couple of posts, and I can't believe how many people value UNPROVEN prospects over NHL all stars. I swear some of them would say Crosby isn't enough to land Tavares.

GeneralSwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 10:19 PM
IBLeaf*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck14 View Post

Is it common for posters on this site to value prospects over proven NHLers? My god, i've only read a couple of posts, and I can't believe how many people value UNPROVEN prospects over NHL all stars. I swear some of them would say Crosby isn't enough to land Tavares.
You hit the nail on the head. Kaberle won't get a mid 1st around here according to some.

Old
06-29-2009, 11:54 PM
Haik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombernack View Post
Thats why I said "crap". Because it simply isn't true. Regardless of what you might think, Toronto does have some marketable assets. And they definitely do have the assets for B. Schenn if they choose to overpay. Its a moot point because B.Schenn isn't for sale and Burke doesn't plan to get robbed. Its all a moot point.
They obviously didn't have enough to get him. Only two assets that would interest the kings are Luke Schenn and a 1st round pick in 2010

Haik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:06 AM
Falcons93

Quote:

Why are you even posting in this thread? You don't appear to be a Kings fan or a Leafs fan. You aren't contributing anything intelligent to the conversation and you're clearly a Senators fan trolling pretty hard towards Leafs fan. I suggest you do something more productive with your time. Moreover, I can't believe someone actually made this thread. The Leafs are not getting Brayden Schenn. Sure it sucks, but Leafs fans should just embrace Kadri and hope he turns out to be a great pick. I honestly can't believe this thread isn't locked yet.

Falcons93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:10 AM
Chea*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombernack View Post
Go for it. Then we can without counter with:

"oooooooomg let it go, he'll never be a King"

or crap like:

"LA doesn't have anything of value"

LOL

What does it matter anyway? King fans really need to prepare themselves for what the Cap may do to their team down the road. They'll be in cap hell once those entry level contracts are up.

Chea* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:23 AM
Chea*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcons93 View Post
Why are you even posting in this thread? You don't appear to be a Kings fan or a Leafs fan. You aren't contributing anything intelligent to the conversation and you're clearly a Senators fan trolling pretty hard towards Leafs fan. I suggest you do something more productive with your time. Moreover, I can't believe someone actually made this thread. The Leafs are not getting Brayden Schenn. Sure it sucks, but Leafs fans should just embrace Kadri and hope he turns out to be a great pick. I honestly can't believe this thread isn't locked yet.
SenatorArmy is a troll that goes around looking for Leaf topics to be a nuisance. Don't pay him any attention.

Chea* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:47 AM
symbology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck14 View Post

A good point, but I will say that from LA's point of view, most of our prospects do have an inflated value (to the Kings). At least for now. Once the team matures a little bit and builds an identity (around the youth, the core of the team) then you can start to move some prospects/assets. You do not dismantle a team, build up an asset pool and then just trade them (assets) away before you have completed the teams transition. Transition from being a team with no identity to a team that has a sold foundation with a winning attitude / culture. If we just start trading away assets before we are ready, well then we just wasted the last 3 years for nothing.

Many of these trade proposals are fair value wise, but they do not fit in with the Kings rebuild plan. Not yet anyway.

symbology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:49 AM
Tombernack

Quote:
Originally Posted by symbology View Post
A good point, but I will say that from LA's point of view, most of our prospects do have an inflated value (to the Kings). At least for now. Once the team matures a little bit and builds an identity (around the youth, the core of the team) then you can start to move some prospects/assets. You do not dismantle a team, build up an asset pool and then just trade them (assets) away before you have completed the teams transition. Transition from being a team with no identity to a team that has a sold foundation with a winning attitude / culture. If we just start trading away assets before we are ready, well then we just wasted the last 3 years for nothing.

Many of these trade proposals are fair value wise, but they do not fit in with the Kings rebuild plan. Not yet anyway.
Excellent post

Old
06-30-2009, 12:50 AM
symbology

Quote:
LOL

What does it matter anyway? King fans really need to prepare themselves for what the Cap may do to their team down the road. They'll be in cap hell once those entry level contracts are up.
Great point. Which is why DL is being so careful with acquiring veteran players either via trade or FA. All DL talks about is 2-3 years down the road and making sure he keeps the team out of cap hell. This was his position 2 years ago, and it is still the same today.

Old
06-30-2009, 01:09 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by no dice View Post
LOL

Why do you think players like Cammalleri or O'Sullivan aren't retained? They are deemed expendable and are going to have their voids filled from within or through trade acquisitions, when they will move some of their assets acquired through the draft. The Kings are in mighty fine position with plenty of cap space and no back breaking contracts that would prohibit them from retaining their core.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 06:24 AM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by symbology View Post
Great point. Which is why DL is being so careful with acquiring veteran players either via trade or FA. All DL talks about is 2-3 years down the road and making sure he keeps the team out of cap hell. This was his position 2 years ago, and it is still the same today.
This will change fairly quickly. You won't be able to say that halfway through July.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 08:10 AM
symbology

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
This will change fairly quickly. You won't be able to say that halfway through July.
Huh? Won't be able to say that DL is fearful of getting in cap trouble? Do you think the Kings have (arguably) the most cap space in the league JUST so that they could over pay for a UFA this year, or take on other's bad contracts in a trade? This is one of the reasons Kings fans attempt to shoot down all of these trade proposals if they do not really fit the Kings needs

I will agree that we will have some issues with the cap in the near future, but DL is doing his best to mitigate these.

Last edited by symbology: 06-30-2009 at 08:56 AM.
Old
06-30-2009, 11:22 AM
SenatorArmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcons93 View Post
You seem upset..