HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Pk Pk Pk Pk Pk Pk Pk.

Closed Thread

Old
07-01-2009, 08:54 AM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

vCash: 500
the airport at vegas has the best cinnamon buns EVAR. *drool*

and i don't think i'll ever be too old to completely adore string cheese.

Old
07-01-2009, 09:14 AM
Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Killa View Post
the airport at vegas has the best cinnamon buns EVAR. *drool*
We're definitely doing that again... those were PERFECT. Good call.

Cinnawin buns, anyone?

Old
07-01-2009, 09:26 AM
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
yaaaaay being stuck in Detroit cause my flight got canceled.

At least my gate is right by a fudruckers.

Old
07-01-2009, 11:08 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Update:

My grandma had a pretty severe stroke, about 50% of her brain was affected. Prognosis is not good, obviously. Last I heard they were trying to get her to have some applesauce, but they weren't sure how well her tongue/throat would do with food.

Basically, it's really up in the air at this point, but she's not the same as she was 24 hours ago by a long shot.

Old
07-01-2009, 11:19 AM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeGiftingMan View Post
Update:

My grandma had a pretty severe stroke, about 50% of her brain was affected. Prognosis is not good, obviously. Last I heard they were trying to get her to have some applesauce, but they weren't sure how well her tongue/throat would do with food.

Basically, it's really up in the air at this point, but she's not the same as she was 24 hours ago by a long shot.
My thoughts are with you and your family BGM.

Hang in there

Old
07-01-2009, 11:31 AM
AV18

Send a message via AIM to AV18
Quote:
Update:

Really sorry to hear that, BGM. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Old
07-01-2009, 11:48 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Update:

That's rough BGM. Good luck and hang in there.

07-01-2009, 11:55 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Thanks everybody.

My other grandmother hasn't been doing well for a few years now. Smokes all the time, sleeps all day, doesn't eat, etc. etc. etc. I've been preparing myself for her dying for awhile, so with this grandmother having a very sudden stroke, I feel totally disoriented and blindsided.

Old
07-01-2009, 01:01 PM
A Storm of Swords

Quote:
Update:

I'm so sorry, BGM. Hang in there.

Old
07-01-2009, 01:18 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
Why do I always get to the airport so early?
Whenever I come home, I pretty much have to because my parents are paranoid about me missing the flight going through security...and in Boston they'll even call two hours before the flight and say "where are you? are you at the airport?", I tell them I'm on my way even though I probably won't leave for the airport for another half hour.

Then again, they also are so paranoid that the last time I went to a Sabres game they told me to leave three hours before the game because I won't get any parking--at the South Campus train station

Quote:
Update:

Hang in there, we're all praying for you and your family.

Old
07-01-2009, 01:21 PM
Burgmania
PA Guy Of The Future

Send a message via AIM to Burgmania Send a message via MSN to Burgmania
This is ridiculous. I have to go to the Cheektowaga DMV office to get new license plates (PM me for the story as to why I need new plates). I can't go to the Orleans DMV office because they just HAVE to take a holiday day Friday.

So now I have to take time off of work to get new license plates. **** this state.

With everything going on in Albany - and now this - I'm embarassed to live in this state.

Hang in there, BGM . . . . my girlfriend's grandmother passed away earlier this week . . . . thoughts & prayers for everyone who needs 'em.

Old
07-01-2009, 01:29 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Original Ginger View Post
This is ridiculous. I have to go to the Cheektowaga DMV office to get new license plates (PM me for the story as to why I need new plates). I can't go to the Orleans DMV office because they just HAVE to take a holiday day Friday.

So now I have to take time off of work to get new license plates. **** this state.

With everything going on in Albany - and now this - I'm embarassed to live in this state.

Hang in there, BGM . . . . my girlfriend's grandmother passed away earlier this week . . . . thoughts & prayers for everyone who needs 'em.
Why can't you order them online?

Old
07-01-2009, 01:39 PM
Burgmania
PA Guy Of The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
Why can't you order them online?
Because I need my car back on the road ASAP, and if I order them online, I have to wait.

Old
07-01-2009, 03:57 PM
BUCKSHOT
w00t !!

Send a message via Yahoo to BUCKSHOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Original Ginger View Post
Because I need my car back on the road ASAP, and if I order them online, I have to wait.
thanks for the text updates earlier Burg, had a long day at work today

Old
07-01-2009, 09:06 PM
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah

So I called Verizon earlier today to set up getting my FIOS moved to the new address after I move next weekend and was able to get a better deal actually:

1) Because I'm an existing customer they are not charging me an install fee for the FIOS equipment at the new place
2) Because it is at a different address they are treating it as a new service as long as I extend out a year (which is no problem) which means I am going to get the current deal they are offering (which is going to save me $5 a month plus an extra $5 a month because I extended a year) and it will put me on the higher tier of FIOS internet speed
3) Also once I have service at the new location for 60 days I get a free mini netbook... not that I'll use it much, its too small of a computer for me but my wife will use it... and hey its free... less ~40 in shipping/taxes

So basically I'm saving with no install fee + saving $10 a month while getting even faster internet (and trust me the tier I have is already plenty fast) and getting a free mini laptop that the Mrs can use... talk about a win/win/win

Old
07-01-2009, 09:16 PM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McDermott View Post
So I called Verizon earlier today to set up getting my FIOS moved to the new address after I move next weekend and was able to get a better deal actually:

1) Because I'm an existing customer they are not charging me an install fee for the FIOS equipment at the new place
2) Because it is at a different address they are treating it as a new service as long as I extend out a year (which is no problem) which means I am going to get the current deal they are offering (which is going to save me $5 a month plus an extra $5 a month because I extended a year) and it will put me on the higher tier of FIOS internet speed
3) Also once I have service at the new location for 60 days I get a free mini netbook... not that I'll use it much, its too small of a computer for me but my wife will use it... and hey its free... less ~40 in shipping/taxes

So basically I'm saving with no install fee + saving $10 a month while getting even faster internet (and trust me the tier I have is already plenty fast) and getting a free mini laptop that the Mrs can use... talk about a win/win/win

dude - that's pretty rad. but can i just tell you, we live less than a mile from you and WE DON'T EVEN HAVE FIOS!! it's even across the street and down a block on our side of the street. jealous, i am. jealous.

Old
07-01-2009, 09:18 PM
Clock

Quote:

MUST BE NICE TO HAVE FIOS SERVICE AT YOUR NEW PLACE, MCDERMOTT.

Old
07-01-2009, 09:26 PM
aceface33

FIOS is apparently on our street now, I should get hooked up,

Old
07-01-2009, 09:30 PM
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Killa View Post
dude - that's pretty rad. but can i just tell you, we live less than a mile from you and WE DON'T EVEN HAVE FIOS!! it's even across the street and down a block on our side of the street. jealous, i am. jealous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
MUST BE NICE TO HAVE FIOS SERVICE AT YOUR NEW PLACE, MCDERMOTT.
I DON'T really know what to tell ya

Old
07-01-2009, 09:34 PM
Clock

Quote:
I DON'T really know what to tell ya
It means we'll be coming over for away games, at least.

The fastest Verizon DSL connection over here is 1.5 mbps. FAIL FAIL FAIL.

It's LITERALLY across the street, and it's just ONE BLOCK away from us, but it looks like they just stopped.

The worst part is I highly doubt I could call and get an actual response as to when it'll be at our house. I'll get the canned "ugh, six months!" response.

Old
07-01-2009, 09:40 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
It means we'll be coming over for away games, at least.

The fastest Verizon DSL connection over here is 1.5 mbps. FAIL FAIL FAIL.

It's LITERALLY across the street, and it's just ONE BLOCK away from us, but it looks like they just stopped.

The worst part is I highly doubt I could call and get an actual response as to when it'll be at our house. I'll get the canned "ugh, six months!" response.
Eh... Verizon doesn't even offer FiOS OR DSL here.

Old
07-01-2009, 10:44 PM
Burgmania
PA Guy Of The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKSHOT View Post
thanks for the text updates earlier Burg, had a long day at work today
No problem, Buck. Hope you could read / understand everything OK.

Old
07-02-2009, 07:27 AM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

today is a good day!

1) it's my friday, since i don't have to work tomorrow
2) today is my easiest day of quarter end close (accounting stuff, people)
3) i made a plan to lose 10 lbs by the 3rd week in August for Vegas and I HAVE ALREADY LOST 5 LBS IN 1.5 WEEKS!

Old
07-02-2009, 08:04 AM
jlr
\m/o.o\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
Eh... Verizon doesn't even offer FiOS OR DSL here.
I still can't figure out why FIOS isn't available here. I live in Raleigh, right near Research Triangle Park. We've got all kinds of biotech and software companies, big universities, etc. all right here, and I'm stuck with roadrunner.

WTF Verizon?

Old
07-02-2009, 08:21 AM
vcv
Deal with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlr View Post
I still can't figure out why FIOS isn't available here. I live in Raleigh, right near Research Triangle Park. We've got all kinds of biotech and software companies, big universities, etc. all right here, and I'm stuck with roadrunner.

WTF Verizon?
Indeed it is pretty strange. My brother has it (Amherst) and my two closest friends (Tonawanda) can get it, but I can't (Williamsville) In fact, last night Verizon couldn't even recognize my address.

Closed Thread