HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who's gonna play right wing next to Vinny?

Closed Thread

Old
07-01-2009, 05:51 PM
LecavaYeahBaby

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LecavaYeahBaby Send a message via Yahoo to LecavaYeahBaby Send a message via Skype™ to LecavaYeahBaby
I think the only guarantee is the Prospal - Lecavalier. Everything else can be messed with. I like Marty with Stammer because i believe it gives the Bolts 2 legit scoring lines....

Old
07-01-2009, 07:37 PM
Mr Underhill

Quote:
Originally Posted by LecavaYeahBaby View Post
I think the only guarantee is the Prospal - Lecavalier. Everything else can be messed with. I like Marty with Stammer because i believe it gives the Bolts 2 legit scoring lines....
I dont think thats a guarantee at all. I think they might try to move Prospal to get rid of his terrible contract.

Old
07-02-2009, 05:12 AM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdvda View Post
I dont think thats a guarantee at all. I think they might try to move Prospal to get rid of his terrible contract.
Look around it isnt THAT terrible, in fact I would say he will easily earn it this season, if we get a 70 point season from him then he is worth his $3.5 million salary. Just the length is bad, so in a couple of years it could be terrible, now I actually dont mind it as long as he has a good year this year.

Old
07-02-2009, 09:40 AM
Untamable

I dont know or have an idea what will happen, but what I would like to see happen is Malone-Lecavalier-Prospal and drop in Downie on Stammer's line.

Old
07-02-2009, 05:40 PM
Mr Underhill

Scratch LaRose from the list. Re-Signed a 2 year deal with the Canes. http://blogs.newsobserver.com/canes/...-year-contract

I still think they're gonna make some sort of splash here. I would love to see Tanguay play along side Vinny. We need a playmaking winger to play with Vinny.

Last edited by Mr Underhill: 07-02-2009 at 06:15 PM.
Old
07-02-2009, 06:29 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

We should get Phaneuf and move him to forward.

Old
07-03-2009, 08:16 AM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBFan View Post
Is Downie really a 6 six player? I just don't see it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
he could be one day, but right now, no.
He has the skill to play in the top 6, just needs to improve his discipline and skating. Like I mentioned in another post...He scored at almost a PPG pace over a month or so when he had a chance with good players in his rookie year in Philly (Hartnell/Richards)

Not sure if it was tried at all last year or how it work out chemistry wise, but on paper a line of Prospal Vinny Downie sounds like it could be deadly in the offensive zone....Propsal is great at the give and go game cycling the puck, which is also a strength of Downie. Once it gets in the offensive zone it will be hard to get the puck away from them.

That way you can leave Marty with Stamkos

Old
07-03-2009, 09:24 AM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
He has the skill to play in the top 6, just needs to improve his discipline and skating. Like I mentioned in another post...He scored at almost a PPG pace over a month or so when he had a chance with good players in his rookie year in Philly (Hartnell/Richards)

Not sure if it was tried at all last year or how it work out chemistry wise, but on paper a line of Prospal Vinny Downie sounds like it could be deadly in the offensive zone....Propsal is great at the give and go game cycling the puck, which is also a strength of Downie. Once it gets in the offensive zone it will be hard to get the puck away from them.

That way you can leave Marty with Stamkos
Marty-Stamkos-Downie was a stellar line for us.

Old
07-03-2009, 10:21 AM
TBLHoser

Prospal's great - he just goes through stretches where he just can't bury the puck....

What do you guys think of Afinagenov or Kotalik?

Old
07-03-2009, 12:21 PM
paperclip maniac

Afinagenov would be great in a beer league, Kotalik would make the Prospal-Vinny line even slower...

Old
07-04-2009, 03:25 AM
Mr Underhill

I wouldn't be surprised if Lawton was taking a look at Versteeg, and to a much lesser extent Kessel. Kessel is gonna be pricey, both in trade chips and price, but Versteeg might be had for a lot less. The Hawks are going to have to let some RFA's go and it looks like Versteeg and Barker might be on the short list.

They have plenty of trade chips, both offensive and defensive. Also, dont forget if something really spikes their interest, I wouldn't be surprised if they offer next years 1st rounder. They mentioned on their Twitter during the draft that they were considering offering it to move up.

Old
07-04-2009, 03:34 AM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRANGE VICTORY View Post
He refused to play for any team but Malmo, because they were his hometown team and he desperately wanted to get them into the SEL. The excuse he gave for not coming over each year was that he wanted to get his team back into the SEL. Even after the team collapsed and management said they weren't able to pay the players, the players were free to go, and he chose to stay with the team and not get paid over going to an SEL team. He played in the SEL before and put up decent numbers as well, prior to an eye injury, but he believes he is better than before the injury.
Wow Soderberg sounds like an awesome guy.

Old
07-04-2009, 10:50 AM
STRANGE VICTORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
Wow Soderberg sounds like an awesome guy.
Made some questionable decisions, but he isn't locker room cancer by any means, and he has bunch of talent. If he can be had and coerced to coming here there is absolutely no downside. Really cheap, you know he would go back to Europe if it didn't work out, and chances are that he would add something to the team.

Old
07-04-2009, 02:16 PM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

vCash: 900
Versteeg would be a perfect fit.

Old
07-04-2009, 02:22 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

I don't see us spending big money on anyone unless a good backup tender falls into our laps.

Old
07-05-2009, 06:32 PM
TBLHoser

Has anyone heard whether Vrbata will even be invited to training camp (if he gets that far)...

Closed Thread