HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

I am not disappointed in this game!

Closed Thread

Old
03-27-2004, 08:45 PM
Habzfanatic

vCash: 500
I am not disappointed in this game!

Habs played poorly with the exception of a few players. B's played a great game! It took then until the final seconds of overtime to put down a weak team. This game makes me feel that if we can step it up a bit, we will beat them if we meet in the playoffs. Theo was great and B's have an un proven rookie in nets. B's goalies seem to fail come playoff time. Not happy we lost, but I am sure the B's have a deeper respect for our Habs!

Old
03-27-2004, 08:48 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
I think we played an exellent 1st period . Jason Ward played an exellent game and Theodore had a good game .

Old
03-27-2004, 08:50 PM
HabsBaby18*

I really DON'T care about what happen .. we are IN the PLAYOFFS now and that's what it count , bruins can celebrate about the win ! ... Cheap shot by Thorton btw , was he the guy that saud that we should erase dirty hit from hockey in a game vs the maple leafs ? (I am just asking because I think that I hear him say that , I could be way wrong , but I want to know to be sure )

Old
electric

I think the Habs totally sucked tonight. Boston is such a better team there shouldn't even be a comparison... they were always the first on the puck, they controlled it at will and won pretty much every one on one battle.

Meanwhile, the Habs struggled immensely to get two passes in a row and get control of the puck in the offensive zone...

Old
BJCOLLINS

we are making other teams look very good resently

Old
03-27-2004, 08:51 PM
Joseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
I think we played an exellent 1st period . Jason Ward played an exellent game and Theodore had a good game .
So we clinched our playoff spot regarless of how buffalo game goes tonight?

Old
03-27-2004, 08:55 PM
Habzfanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph
So we clinched our playoff spot regarless of how buffalo game goes tonight?
We are in!

Old
03-27-2004, 08:57 PM
Boardish

Well, I'm disappointed. We let the bruins win 2 easy points, put cheapshots on our players, we were playing like crap. I now hate Boston to death.

Old
03-27-2004, 08:59 PM
HF-Addict

I'm disappointed because none of our players really make a Bruins cheap shot artist(choose one player) pay for what they did. Except maybe Perreault on Thornton for the Axelsson knee on Zednik. Oh well, he was probably more protecting himself from the obstruction hit Thornton was gonna do...

I like the little head to head(2) talk between fraser-Thorntona nd Brisebois, Fraser didn't do anything except enjoying this dirty game.

Old
03-27-2004, 08:59 PM
Nielson81

Send a message via ICQ to Nielson81
Here is what drives me crazy....

Official NHL 3 Stars for the game

1. Samsonov - I agree
2. Bergeron - ??? You've got to be kidding, he had 1 assist and atleast 2 dives.
3. Ryder - Good for him but I would have a different hab in there.

The stars should have been.

1. Samsonov
2. Theodore - faced 39 shots!!!
3. ??? from a Habs stand point I go with Ward , he was great, from the Bruins.....maybe Gonchar???

Unbiased Canadian

Old
03-27-2004, 09:02 PM
HF-Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased Canadian
Here is what drives me crazy....

Official NHL 3 Stars for the game

2. Bergeron - atleast 2 dives.
U answered your own question, those two dives were awsome, it deserve a star for it He fooled the refs not one time, but two!!!!!!

Old
03-27-2004, 09:02 PM
Tricolore#20

I'm not disappointed we lost, I'm just disappointed with some of the little things that happened during the game. We certainly weren't at our best.

I really doubt that if Samsonov missed that shot we would have come back and score (there was like 25 seconds left), so we end up getting the 1 point anyway.

Old
03-27-2004, 09:03 PM
electric

You see... this is another difference between the Bruins and the Habs. The B's are down by two goals but they fight to the end and win it.

When the Canadiens are down by 2, except for some rare occasions, the game is over.

Old
03-27-2004, 09:15 PM
Brisson11

Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
who the hell does this electric guy think he is, get him outta here!

Old
03-27-2004, 09:17 PM
BJCOLLINS

I'm really trying to lay off Kovy, you know.... give him time,.....wait & see,.....let him get comfortable,.....it's hard.

I see a guy like Nedved who went to the Oilers (at a better price) and has been contributing ever since he stepped off the plane? I watched Edmonton and Nedved is playing twice as hard and is older than our guy......

Anyone else notice his lack of pressence?

Old
03-27-2004, 09:22 PM
electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisson11
who the hell does this electric guy think he is, get him outta here!

Old
03-27-2004, 09:24 PM
Habzfanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJCOLLINS
I'm really trying to lay off Kovy, you know.... give him time,.....wait & see,.....let him get comfortable,.....it's hard.

I see a guy like Nedved who went to the Oilers (at a better price) and has been contributing ever since he stepped off the plane? I watched Edmonton and Nedved is playing twice as hard and is older than our guy......

Anyone else notice his lack of pressence?
Has Kovi even played yet?

Old
03-27-2004, 09:27 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habzfanatic
Habs played poorly with the exception of a few players. B's played a great game! It took then until the final seconds of overtime to put down a weak team. This game makes me feel that if we can step it up a bit, we will beat them if we meet in the playoffs. Theo was great and B's have an un proven rookie in nets. B's goalies seem to fail come playoff time. Not happy we lost, but I am sure the B's have a deeper respect for our Habs!
I thought the boys looked terrible, and were outplayed badly. Theo saved our hide, and there was little emotion or energy.

I also feel they couldn't display this sort of team effort at a worse time, with the playoffs around the corner.

I only hope they can somehow turn it around, or it will be a quick exit.

The defensive turnovers were plentiful, the passes very poor (especially Brisebois and Rivet) and they never sustained any real pressure except for the first period.

Old
03-27-2004, 09:29 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
I thought the boys looked terrible, and were outplayed badly. Theo saved our hide, and there was little emotion or energy.

I also feel they couldn't display this sort of team effort at a worse time, with the playoffs around the corner.

The defensive turnovers were plentiful, the passes very poor (especially Brisebois and Rivet) and they never sustained any real pressure except for the first period.
Said it all right there.

Old
03-27-2004, 09:34 PM
electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs

The problem is that there have been a bit too many of those kinds of games recently... don't know if it's too early to panic, but the Habs haven't been that convincing lately.

Old
03-27-2004, 09:57 PM
DBL

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict
U answered your own question, those two dives were awsome, it deserve a star for it He fooled the refs not one time, but two!!!!!!
Thoughs weren't dives, especially the 2nd one, how the hell you call that a dive? The guy jumped infront of him and stuck his stick at Bergerons legs and Bergeron fell trying to go after the puck with speed. Nice try though...

Old
03-27-2004, 10:03 PM
Magnus Fulgur

Theo deserved the 2nd star...he was EXCELLENT tonight (okay, except for the giveaway that Green almost scored on...but what a recovery!).

Old
03-27-2004, 10:09 PM
Raider917

vCash: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric
The problem is that there have been a bit too many of those kinds of games recently... don't know if it's too early to panic, but the Habs haven't been that convincing lately.
its been like this all year though. i like that were getting worse now. i expect julien to change things again. this bad stretch is a lot easier to take now than it would be two weeks from now. the last couple of times we have hit this kind of slump, we have rebounded very well.

Old
03-27-2004, 10:09 PM
BruinsGirl

I'll say Habs didn't play well offensivly but not bad defensivly. B's were having alot of trouble in O zone..(although it's our story of couple of the last weeks).

How can you say B's were playing dirty is beyond my mind.

Begin? Well..he is not a squirt right? He saw Thornton coming very well and PUT himself in that position. Joe's ejection was ridiculous as was reaction of the refs to the same kind of hit by Begin on Gonchar.

I've been on these forums long enough to know what you think about Kerry Fraiser.

I remember your game against NJ last year when Ribeiro(I think) scored on Brodeur and Kerry decided not to count it because of goalie interference and at the same time didn't call goalie interference.

He has his own set of rules. (Like tonight's one about penalty call)

Congrats on clinching the playoffs but I don't understand how would you hate B's based on tonight's game.

Old
03-27-2004, 10:18 PM
HabsBaby18*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl
I'll say Habs didn't play well offensivly but not bad defensivly. B's were having alot of trouble in O zone..(although it's our story of couple of the last weeks).

How can you say B's were playing dirty is beyond my mind.

Begin? Well..he is not a squirt right? He saw Thornton coming very well and PUT himself in that position. Joe's ejection was ridiculous as was reaction of the refs to the same kind of hit by Begin on Gonchar.

I've been on these forums long enough to know what you think about Kerry Fraiser.

I remember your game against NJ last year when Ribeiro(I think) scored on Brodeur and Kerry decided not to count it because of goalie interference and at the same time didn't call goalie interference.

He has his own set of rules. (Like tonight's one about penalty call)

Congrats on clinching the playoffs but I don't understand how would you hate B's based on tonight's game.

I don't think we really hate them , it's just because it was an intense game. People (like me) will cool off

And also the effort by the canadiens was not that good , so it is another reason :p

Last edited by HabsBaby18: 03-27-2004 at 10:21 PM.
Closed Thread