Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Matt Duchene Happy to go 3?

06-30-2009, 12:48 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by avsfan4026 View Post
After watching that, how can you not be happy for the kid? Despite being an Oil fan, I'll be rooting for him to do well. Hopefully he'll be one of those guys who stays with one team for his entire career.

Arpeggio is offline   Reply With Quote
06-30-2009, 12:50 AM
Commander Enigma
Why would anyone have a problem with this? If he had been drafted by the other teams he would have let it go and given his full commitment to those teams, but not many prospects have such a great chance to be selected by their favorite team growing up. Ridiculous to hold it against him for being happy about it. And for what it's worth, most Islanders and Tampa Bay fans were probably just as happy as he was that his named wasn't called.

Commander Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
06-30-2009, 03:35 AM
Homer J Fong
he's just happy he's not on the Island.....

cupcrazyman is offline   Reply With Quote
06-30-2009, 04:09 AM
HFBoards Sponsor
Originally Posted by nowayguy View Post
This guy needs to get his priorities straight. I'm not happy under any circumstances if I'm a top prospect and a team passes over me thinking I'm not as good as the player they picked. I don't care if it puts in a better position to be drafted by my favourite team or not. Angry and ready to prove those teams wrong? Yes. Ecstatic because I'm snubbed by two teams thinking lesser of me? Never. I understand being drafted is a happy day but this guy was actually pumped to be passed over in a draft. Hopefully the fist pump and his other comments at the draft were an act covering up his dissapointment but if he was being genuine then I'm going to question this guys mentality as a player. If you don't want to be #1 then there's something wrong with you.
Wait someone put aside his ego because it put him in a prefferable situation?! Can you imagine negotiating a contract with him?!

Avs need to swap him for a 7th before the word gets out!

Hasbro is offline   Reply With Quote
06-30-2009, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by JesusBouillon View Post
Who would want to play for that present TB management? I would have probably done 5 back flips in his shoes, he showed real class.
Can there be 1 thread without this comment?

Just 1? Please?

Acehawk74 is offline   Reply With Quote
07-02-2009, 09:16 PM
Who wouldn't be happy to get paid millions of dollars and live in Colorado.

Drogulus is offline   Reply With Quote
07-03-2009, 01:08 AM
Duchene played with Hodgson for 2 years. That really rubbed off on him. I was really impressed with Duchene's placing in scholastic player of the year.

Spamhuis is offline   Reply With Quote
07-04-2009, 05:37 AM
Originally Posted by sureloss View Post
This was Matt Duchene as a kid

Still should have been careful though. Would have been akward if for some reason Colorado traded the pick or chose someone else.
If they would've picked someone else I would've laughed. Then Duchene would've worked that much harder to prove that Colorado made a mistake. Thankfully they don't have to worry about that. I really like Duchene and believe they made he best pick. TB had no reason to pick another C unless the had a deal worked out to trade Vinny. The top 3 went perfect.

Bluester is offline   Reply With Quote
07-04-2009, 06:19 AM
I couldnt be happier with his reaction to the guy saying bad things. Tavares just was worried about being second so when he was called he was stoked. Hedman was the same. But Duchene has some sort of love for this team, thats much more important than needing to be number one in a draft.

NWAvs is offline   Reply With Quote