HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

The Official Fire Barry Trotz Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-27-2004, 09:59 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
The Official Fire Barry Trotz Thread

I'm tired of him playing Bombadir in place of Allison or Hnidy.

I honestly hope to god we don't re-sign him, Quennville is a much better coach than Trotz, we can't get ANY offense from our centers and that's totally the problem...Poile and Leipold need to man up and fire Trotz this offseason, he has taken them as far as he can.

Old
03-27-2004, 10:06 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
About three weeks ago, I thought to myself, no matter what happens, I think Trotz has done a great job. But over these past few weeks, I keep thinking how poorly Trotz has managed this team down the stretch. Like I mentioned in a previous post, I think he has made several major mistakes that you can look back on and say it certainly robbed us of a good chance to win. I think it's time to take this team to the next level. Watching them play Columbus, you could tell how good we were. With the right coaching, this team can become very, very good.

Old
03-27-2004, 10:33 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
we can't get ANY offense from our centers and that's totally the problem
Legwand is the only one capable of such, what do you expect?

Old
03-27-2004, 10:38 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Legwand is the only one capable of such, what do you expect?
Some would say Arkhipov has talent.

Old
03-27-2004, 10:54 PM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Some would say Arkhipov has talent.
IMO some would disagree, I hate the fact that Bombardir and York are playing though. I'd really rather have Allison and Hnidy play at this point. Bombardir has been awful since becoming a pred

Old
03-27-2004, 11:07 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly
IMO some would disagree, I hate the fact that Bombardir and York are playing though. I'd really rather have Allison and Hnidy play at this point. Bombardir has been awful since becoming a pred
I could not believe my eyes when I saw Bombradir and York out at the same time.

and speaking of bad D tonight., why the heck can Kimmo not keep the puck in our zone anymore? How man times did the puck hope over his stick and across the blueline tonight?

Old
03-27-2004, 11:47 PM
DW

Quote:
Bombardir has been awful since becoming a pred
He's been awful since he broke his ankle 2 seasons ago. He wasn't special then, but he never regained his level of play from that season.

How's Zholtok been playing? Here he was 50/50. You notice him one game then he's gone for the next.

Old
03-27-2004, 11:51 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW
He's been awful since he broke his ankle 2 seasons ago. He wasn't special then, but he never regained his level of play from that season.

How's Zholtok been playing? Here he was 50/50. You notice him one game then he's gone for the next.
Lets just say...they both won't be re-signed

Old
03-28-2004, 12:02 AM
jstreet

Quote:
Lets just say...they both won't be re-signed
I'll buy their plane tickets back to Minny., anybody know which airline they prefer?

Old
03-28-2004, 12:05 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars
I'll buy their plane tickets back to Minny., anybody know which airline they prefer?
SOUTHWEST...its the cheapest and it flies to all hockey cities :p

Old
03-28-2004, 12:07 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

those two are just pieces of a mediocre puzzle. we can write off their bad play, but sullivan and walker were mostly awful, tonight. explain that.

Old
03-28-2004, 12:22 AM
jstreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
those two are just pieces of a mediocre puzzle. we can write off their bad play, but sullivan and walker were mostly awful, tonight. explain that.

after about Sully's third or fourth game as a Pred, I started to notice that he creates as many really bad turnovers as he does scoring chances.

and to keep on topic: Do other coaches change the lines as much as Trotz does? There is no way that this doesnt hurt chemistry.

Old
03-28-2004, 12:23 AM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
I only got to watch the last 30 minutes of the game, but I believe Bombardir was on the ice for all 3 of the goals against but I could be wrong

Old
03-28-2004, 12:30 AM
jstreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly
I only got to watch the last 30 minutes of the game, but I believe Bombardir was on the ice for all 3 of the goals against but I could be wrong
he was on for 2 of them.

Old
03-28-2004, 12:36 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

something that's started recently that i HATE is the 30 second shift, change on the fly thing we've got going. how can any flow be created when your lines are changed before they can develop anything? it's not working, so stop trying it.

Old
03-28-2004, 02:13 AM
WuRtZLeSs

Send a message via AIM to WuRtZLeSs Send a message via MSN to WuRtZLeSs
When it rains it pours.

You mentioned it in the GDT Smokey - Quenneville. If I'm Poile - I've already made the call. The team has lost the ability to respond to Trotz. Trotz has slipped up in numerous ways, from never giving McKenzie a proper role, not giving the opportunity to Mason to get some starts in, to the misuse of his players down the line. He should've went with his bread and butter, what got the team to where it is now, not guys like Zholtok and Bomber - but hindsight certainly is 20/20. 5/6 years is a great run for Trotz, but without a doubt - in order for the team to make that next step, Trotz needs to be replaced. Trotz wins the games where the Preds can outwork and out hustle their opponents, and he gets by considering the fact that the Pred's have been groomed to do just that, work and haul ass. But the fact is Trotz has never been a quality schematic coach, when he's up against a coach like Murray, he loses every time.

Should Trotz be replaced - I'd feel pretty strongly with a guarantee that we'd see a new Legwand. Trotz stifles the team down the center. Quenneville would bring a brand new and refreshing system to Nashville.

Whatever the case may be though, I feel the tenure of Trotz is coming to an end. Regardless of whether or not the team gets into the playoffs or whether they lose the rest of the games in the season, Trotz needs to go.

Old
03-28-2004, 02:23 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
SOUTHWEST...its the cheapest and it flies to all hockey cities :p
Except Denver.

Old
03-28-2004, 11:59 AM
DW

Quote:
Let's just say there won't be any room for them here in MN. :p

Old
03-28-2004, 12:43 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Trotz has done a magnifcent job as a coach. I'd hate to fire him, but we need offense from our players.....and it seems that his coaching cannot develop offensive players. It develops responsible players, but not offensive....

Old
03-28-2004, 01:30 PM
jstreet

ok, Ive decided to side with FIRE TROTZ !

From the TItanssean: this proves that the players refuse to listen to him -

''The main thing we did bad tonight was not shoot the puck,'' Predators left wing Andreas Johansson said. ''I could probably count 10 one-timers in the slot where we tried to fake a shot and then pass. I don't know why because we've talked a lot about shooting in the last few days.''

Old
03-28-2004, 01:59 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars
From the TItanssean: this proves that the players refuse to listen to him -

''The main thing we did bad tonight was not shoot the puck,'' Predators left wing Andreas Johansson said. ''I could probably count 10 one-timers in the slot where we tried to fake a shot and then pass. I don't know why because we've talked a lot about shooting in the last few days.''
He says that they never shoot and that he tells them to shoot, but this is a recurring theme. If Erat goes down on a 3-1 and bypasses a open shot from the slot 10 feet out for a bad pass behind Orszagh who couldn't do anything with the puck any way is grounds for a major scolding. As much as we tried, we made so many foolish plays with the puck, it negated all the effort we put forth.

Old
03-28-2004, 03:43 PM
dulzhok

Quenville over Trotz?

Let's see, Trotz got the Predators further than Quenville got the Blues this year. Barry Trotz did it with scrubs as centers (Legwand, Arkhipov, Johnson), make-shift first line players (Walker, Johansson), and one of worst defensive-zone playing teams in the league. Quenville couldn't get the Blues further than the Predators with bona-fide first line stars (Tkachuk, Demitra, Weight) and possibly the best defensman in the league.

Go to hell Trotz!!!

Old
03-28-2004, 04:06 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok
Quenville over Trotz?

Let's see, Trotz got the Predators further than Quenville got the Blues this year. Barry Trotz did it with scrubs as centers (Legwand, Arkhipov, Johnson), make-shift first line players (Walker, Johansson), and one of worst defensive-zone playing teams in the league. Quenville couldn't get the Blues further than the Predators with bona-fide first line stars (Tkachuk, Demitra, Weight) and possibly the best defensman in the league.

Go to hell Trotz!!!
Yeah, you can fudge the situation to make it look good for Trotz. Or you can do the same and make it look good for Quenneville. Demitra missed 20 games this year, as did Mellanby and Cajanek, and Salvador (all key contributors). MacInnis (their #2) and Jackman (their #3) missed pretty much the entire season. They don't have consistent goaltending either.

And you can look at one year and make your judgement. But only a fool would do that. Or you can look at how he kept them on the heels of Detroit despite having an inferior roster. How he kept them consistently in the top 5 overall in the West for pretty much every season in our existance.

Yeah, scrubs at center. I get the feeling your only goal here (on these boards) is to dissent with majority opinion. It's not always well thought out, but it's always against the grain.

Old
03-28-2004, 04:08 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
How he kept them consistently in the top 5 overall in the West for pretty much every season in our existance.
Give Trotz Weight, Tkachuk, Progner and Demitra and see what he can do.

Old
03-28-2004, 04:10 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok
Give Trotz Weight, Tkachuk, Progner and Demitra and see what he can do.

Yeah, we'd probably be wondering what the hell happened to those scorers. Why can't Weight score? Why can't Tkachuk score? Why can't Demitra score?

I don't want to see what Trotz can do with stars. We won't have any on offense if the past trends are any indication. I want to see what a new coach, with a new system can do. What a new player development strategy would do. And I think Quenneville has a really nice track record.

Closed Thread