HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is the unthinkable possible?

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2004, 09:23 PM
plafleur10

vCash: 500
Is the unthinkable possible?

I know I'll get chastized for this, but I am sure a lot of us will breathe easier when the Habs get the missing point and clinch their palyoff spot for good. Are others honest enough to admit that, like me, they are nervously biting their nails?

Old
03-25-2004, 09:37 PM
Aarex

yes i am

I wish CJ would stop "experimenting" until we lock down that spot.

Old
03-25-2004, 09:44 PM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by plafleur10
I know I'll get chastized for this, but I am sure a lot of us will breathe easier when the Habs get the missing point and clinch their palyoff spot for good. Are others honest enough to admit that, like me, they are nervously biting their nails?
Are you kidding me? You know what the odds are that we dont make the playoffs? Islanders have to win 2 of 5 and the Sabres have to win all 6 and we have to lose the rest of our games (in regulation time) and even with that scenario it'll be a tie, and we have a much better +/- than buffalo (i have no idea what the tie-breaker rule is but i figure it has something to do with that ) statistically speaking (w/o taking the islanders into account or taking ties into account) the odds are 1/1024 that the habs do not make the playoff [(0.5)^6 gms left for the sabres x (0.5)^4 gms left for the habs].

If anyone knows the tie-breaker rule, could u please post it? Thanks!

Old
03-25-2004, 09:47 PM
Natural Habs Fan

I think it's wins then goal differential (GF-GA=GD)

Old
03-25-2004, 10:07 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Habs Fan
I think it's wins then goal differential (GF-GA=GD)
Wins, which would be tied
Head to head- Buffalo wins.

Old
03-25-2004, 10:09 PM
HABit

I think the tie-breaker rule goes by the season series which in that case Buffalo would win if they were tied for points.

Old
03-25-2004, 10:16 PM
Raider917

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABit
I think the tie-breaker rule goes by the season series which in that case Buffalo would win if they were tied for points.
Im not overly worried yet. i kew a loss could happen again tonight. i think saturday against boston will be a win. i have a lot more confidence going into in that game than i did with either buffalo or ottawa.

Old
03-25-2004, 10:30 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

I'm not worried. Yet. The wheels would have to completely fall of the bus in order not to make the playoffs.

Old
03-25-2004, 11:24 PM
AlexandreTheNotSoGreat

Buffalo has a pretty easy schedule of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Columbus, and NYR in addition to the Habs.

The habs have Boston, NYI, Philly, and Buffalo. A lot tougher schedule, so it's possible that the habs may not win any of those games. However, it highly likely Montreal will get at least 1 point in a 4 game span, or buffalo will lose at least 1 point in their 5 remaining games.

Old
03-25-2004, 11:27 PM
Guy Caballero

Get real, folks. The odds of the Habs missing the playoffs at this point are about 10,000-1.

Old
03-26-2004, 11:29 AM
Jacques Strappe

Quote:
This is dumb. This is me chastizing you. This is me leaving this thread because it's too dumb.

Old
03-26-2004, 11:32 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
Get real, folks. The odds of the Habs missing the playoffs at this point are about 10,000-1.
heck, I think there's more of a chance Patrick Traverse will win the Norris next year en route to a HHOF career than the Habs somehow choking and not making the playoffs.

Old
03-26-2004, 11:33 AM
Darz

Quote:
I'm not nervous about it, but I hope we can get it out of the way quickly, so we as fans can focus on other things.

If we haven't cliched by next Saturday, then I'll start to worry.

Old
03-26-2004, 11:35 AM
jcpenny

I was looking at this, man do we have a tough schedule! Teams in the NHL were right to think that we would fold out and not make the playoffs. We proved them wrong and beat great teams but its not over! Man we still have, boston, buffalo,Philly,NYI. When will make the playoffs (cuz we will) we will be the most ready of all teams.

Buffalo has the easiest of the schedule its not even funny. They could go undefeated the rest of the way. We just need a tie guys cmon!

Old
03-26-2004, 11:36 AM
CoupeStanley

Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
I feel confident right now... But if we loose our 2 next game, I'll stress for sure

Old
03-27-2004, 10:09 PM
plafleur10

It did not happen

Well, everybody, the unthikable did not happen, but Habs' last few games do not bode weel for the playoffs,the Bruins dominated us physically and with the flyers having problems in goal, it would not be surprising to see the Bruins finish #2 and earn their rematch with the Habs.

Koivu and Zenik in particular have ben absolutely pathetic the last 5 games, 0 points for Mr. Koivu...

Old
03-27-2004, 11:40 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Well, everybody, the unthikable did not happen, but Habs' last few games do not bode weel for the playoffs,the Bruins dominated us physically and with the flyers having problems in goal, it would not be surprising to see the Bruins finish #2 and earn their rematch with the Habs.

Koivu and Zenik in particular have ben absolutely pathetic the last 5 games, 0 points for Mr. Koivu...
Having soft Perreault on their line is not helping either...

Closed Thread