HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

SIGNED: Jussi Jokinen, 2 years, $3.4 million

Old
06-29-2009, 09:55 PM
Caniac4ever

vCash: 8074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Mowinckel View Post
I just made a withdrawal from my college fund to spend $150 on a Jussi Jokinen jersey. I really shouldn't have done it, but watchnig the 'Canes win game seven against the Debbies after the Rangers had just been knocked made my ****ing year.

Are you from NYC? I was up there this past December for the Rangers/Canes game. Had an amazing time and hope to make it back this year! And if you're not from there, you'd still be welcome to come see your new hero in Raleigh anytime.

Caniac4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 10:35 PM
2 Late 2 Anton

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to 2 Late 2 Anton Send a message via MSN to 2 Late 2 Anton
Haha, no. I'm a Rangers, but I'm from Ohio. If I wind up on the East coast for school, I will totally make a trip to Raleigh to see him play. The goal he scored was huge, but it was the interview afterward that made me such a big fan of him. He seems like a really energetic and nice dude.

Also, does anyone have a picture of him after he got the buzzer beater against the Debbies in game four?

2 Late 2 Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 10:44 PM
CioCio

Quote:
Haha, no. I'm a Rangers, but I'm from Ohio. If I wind up on the East coast for school, I will totally make a trip to Raleigh to see him play. The goal he scored was huge, but it was the interview afterward that made me such a big fan of him. He seems like a really energetic and nice dude.

Also, does anyone have a picture of him after he got the buzzer beater against the Debbies in game four?
Check the second to last shot here. (You can click the grid icon in the lower left to see thumbnails of all of them)

That's just what I can provide. Maybe not what you're looking for as you can only see the side of his face, and it's a few seconds after the goal was scored so he's not right in front of Brodeur or anything.

CioCio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2009, 10:56 PM
UnPLEASED Anton

http://hurricanes.nhl.com/ext/wallpa...80playoffs.jpg

UnPLEASED Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 05:45 AM
JustJoe2k5
Semin - Coach Killer

This is a nice way to start the free agency season for Rutherford. Jokinen is someone that could easily slot anywhere in our line-up and be productive.

The next hurdle will be Ruutu, as his contract will likely determine exactly what Rutherford is able to do July 1 and beyond.

JustJoe2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 06:05 AM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

Unfortunately with the contracts Wallin, Walker, Kaberle, and Brindy have I don't think it'll really matter how much Ruutu signs for unless it's an insane hometown discount which there wont be. Until some of those contracts come off the book I doubt we sign too many FAs.

vwg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 11:36 AM
caniacgirl12

Send a message via AIM to caniacgirl12 Send a message via MSN to caniacgirl12
What a nice paycut!

07-01-2009, 03:56 PM
semin4captain

Jokinen sent a nice e-mail to the CanesCountry blog: http://www.canescountry.com/2009/6/3...-jussi-jokinen

semin4captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 05:53 PM
ChuckW
We'll be back.

Quote:
I just made a withdrawal from my college fund to spend $150 on a Jussi Jokinen jersey. I really shouldn't have done it, but watchnig the 'Canes win game seven against the Debbies after the Rangers had just been knocked made my ****ing year.
This is a great week to be a Canes fan...

...and Game 7 against the Devils was BETTER for me than Game 7 against the Bruins.

ChuckW is offline   Reply With Quote