HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[Rumor] Mark Spector: Phaneuf for Heatley

Old
06-30-2009, 09:03 AM
HSF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by C For Choke View Post
Still a one line team.
better than being a no line team

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 09:07 AM
madmike77

I don't know. I really don't want Heatley in a Flames uniform. Something about the guy rubs me the wrong way.

As others have noted the Flames biggest problems last year were on defense -- although frankly a big part of the problem was a lack of defensive play from the forwards. I think they can fix a lot of their problems simply by putting in a new system and actually forcing the forwards to backcheck.

madmike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 09:11 AM
Schennanigans

Aren't the Flames looking to change their play style to a more defensive approach? Wouldn't dealing Dion for a top forward in Heatley just be counter productive to that and just reafirm that nothing really has changed.....

Schennanigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 09:19 AM
Ronald Pagan

When the going gets tough Heatley goes invisible. Look at the SCF for proof of that.

Guy is not worth Phaneuf at all. Look at the trouble Murray has had moving him. Do you think any of the offers so far are close in value to Phaneuf straight up?

Amazing, that a player who's demanded a trade because he coached asked him to play in all three zones is worth a 23 year old Norris nominee still years from his prime.

Ronald Pagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 09:20 AM
Big Bears

Won't happen. Phaneuf is too much like a Sutter type player while Heatley isn't.

Big Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 09:21 AM
Caseus
squirrelly wrath

At this point I would trade Phaneuf for Heatley straight up.

The Sens need forwards, not defensemen, especially not a dman who is overpaid. However, we need to resolve the Heatley situation. Phaneuf had an offseason but he's definitely a quality player who would help our team.

I do not, however, believe the Flames would make this deal.

Caseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 09:24 AM
Flames 1st pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stassino View Post
We (Senators) have next to no need going forward for Phaneuf.. He would be useful for one season then we'd have too many prosp[ects ready to take his place and at under 2 million..

We need forwards not a 6.5 mil underachiever with next to no defensive ability..
For same arguement, you can keep the 7.5M headcase forward.

The Sens have too many prospect to take over Phaneuf?...that's a good laugh for the day

Seriously, I dont think too many teams would want Heatley.

Flames 1st pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 09:30 AM
DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamy View Post
At this point I would trade Phaneuf for Heatley straight up.

The Sens need forwards, not defensemen, especially not a dman who is overpaid. However, we need to resolve the Heatley situation. Phaneuf had an offseason but he's definitely a quality player who would help our team.

I do not, however, believe the Flames would make this deal.
That's pretty much how I feel.

And if the chance was really there to land a player of this calibre, I say you have to take it. There's not too many packages of players/picks/prospects that will benefit the team as much as adding an impact player like Dion.

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 09:32 AM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Pagan View Post
When the going gets tough Heatley goes invisible. Look at the SCF for proof of that.

Guy is not worth Phaneuf at all. Look at the trouble Murray has had moving him. Do you think any of the offers so far are close in value to Phaneuf straight up?

Amazing, that a player who's demanded a trade because he coached asked him to play in all three zones is worth a 23 year old Norris nominee still years from his prime.
lol what?

Heater is ABOVE a PPG in the playoffs, usually top players arwe somewhat ineffective in the finals cause they are being watched like hawks, secondary scoring is what lets you win the cup in those rounds.

Also Heatley didnt demand a trade cause the coach asked him to play defense...i dont even think defese was mentioned anywhere.... but nice try

Old
06-30-2009, 09:43 AM
Flames 1st pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
lol what?

Heater is ABOVE a PPG in the playoffs, usually top players arwe somewhat ineffective in the finals cause they are being watched like hawks, secondary scoring is what lets you win the cup in those rounds.

Also Heatley didnt demand a trade cause the coach asked him to play defense...i dont even think defese was mentioned anywhere.... but nice try
Regardless of reason, his demand for a trade and his high salary make him untradeable.

Why would somebody give you anything of value for a troubled fwd with a 7.5M ticket? They can just go out and sign Gaborik or Hossa and get the same output or more....without all the baggage.

Flames 1st pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 09:51 AM
Boxscore
#oldNHL

No way Calgary does this trade.

Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 10:04 AM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustafsson View Post
No way Calgary does this trade.
And they are crazy if they don't if they have the offer.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 10:06 AM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Flames Fan View Post
Regardless of reason, his demand for a trade and his high salary make him untradeable.

Why would somebody give you anything of value for a troubled fwd with a 7.5M ticket? They can just go out and sign Gaborik or Hossa and get the same output or more....without all the baggage.
uhh that is why i responed to his post cause his reason was BS and made up

also i didnt know 5 teams could all sign hossa and Gabby.... trust me someone will come once those two are off the market

and more output? ok there, Gabby cant even play a fulll 82 game season

Old
06-30-2009, 10:47 AM
4thliner*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
Phaneuf and one of our bad contracts. Heatley isn't enough to get Dion.
Can Dion play Defence

4thliner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 10:56 AM
best2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcarnegie View Post
Do the Flames understand the cap ?
If the Flames trade for Heatly, they only add an additional 1 mil to their cap. Question to Flames fans, are you willing to have 4 big contracts all tied up to the back end?

best2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 11:06 AM
OMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by best2009 View Post
If the Flames trade for Heatly, they only add an additional 1 mil to their cap. Question to Flames fans, are you willing to have 4 big contracts all tied up to the back end?
If the only other option is taking Heatley at 7.5 million... then yeah I'd take the dmen easily.

This 'rumor' is bunk. Sutter has openly stated that he wants to build his team on the backend (and goalie) and then at centre. The leftover cash will go to the wings. He's not going to tie up 14.5 million on two wingers. That's without even mentioning the fact that Phaneuf is going to have his old junior coach at the helm now too.

Phaneuf isn't going anywhere.

OMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 11:10 AM
CheeseSandwich*

Heatley would not survive a week under a Sutter. That would probably kill him.

CheeseSandwich* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 11:28 AM
iceless
-`ღ-

As much as a Heatley-Jokinen-Iginla top line looks just downright scary, the Flames would be in dire cap trouble, especially if they sign Bouw to the reported 6.5m.

Not that I really care though... I'd rather Kesler not have the task of trying to shut that line down 5+ times a year.

iceless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 11:33 AM
DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Heatley would not survive a week under a Sutter. That would probably kill him.
I was thinking that too.

He'd be begging for Clouston's teet.

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:10 PM
HNIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Highlander View Post
I'm not sure if i really want Heatley on the Flames. As talented as he is, he's asked to be traded twice now. I don't know, but he seems like a flake to me. I'd rather keep Phaneuf and have Bouwmeester. Those two, along with Regehr, form as good a top-3 as any other team in the league.
yeah but think of how much money you have invested in your defensive end....

HNIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:15 PM
Grannys

This just aint happening so dont get your panties in a bunch guys.

Grannys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 01:10 PM
Gold Pads*
HE SHOOTS HE SCORES!

This trade simply isn't going to happen. Heater is great, Dion is very good and could become legendary in a Scott Stevens sort of light, but that aside....

*Heater makes more than Iggy and that won't fly with Darryl.

*Heater isn't a Sutter type of player and if you trade for an established star with plans on asking him to totaly change the way he plays, you're an idiot.

*With Dions potential (largely still unrealised), and with Brent now our coach, you have to give them at least 1 year together. If anyone can get him back on track, it's Brent.

*I happen to know for sure that Heater doesn't really want to play in his home town. It's a different kind of pressure and with him earning more than Iggy, it would all be on him. Only way he'll do it is if the Sens strong arm him into it. (ie; "It's this trade or none at all").

*If Sutter signs J-Bo, why the hell would we not want to keep arguably the best top to bottom defense in the league together? Backlund can likely play the LW with Iggy and Olli able to protect him somewhat. This replaces Cammi IMHO.

Value wise, Dion for Heater is close, I'd say. But it doesn't really make too much sense for either team. I'd be fully shocked if this trade happened.

Gold Pads* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 01:14 PM
Macke*

Heatley would be good for the Flames as they would have someone that shows up in the playoffs but it won't happen.. just no cap space

Macke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 01:22 PM
flamesfever

This trade doesn't make sense from the Flames cap perspective and the fact that Heatley would make more than Iggy.

Darryl is selling Jay Bo on the fact he can play with both Dion and Regher.

DON'T do this trade unless there is something else involved.

flamesfever is offline   Reply With Quote