HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

One95 VS 10k

Old
06-15-2009, 10:40 AM
SERE 24
LGR

vCash: 500
One95 VS 10k

Alright...

This is not a "which stick is better" thread. I have a bunch of One95s (tried it out when it first hit the market, felt it was the best stick I'd ever used, bought a few more and have been playing with it exclusively since) and I love them. I think they have the best feel of any stick on the market. In the couple of years prior to picking up the One95 I had used some Easton Stealth and SL Grips, a CCM Vector 10.0, some Vapor XXXXs and a One90. When I got my first One95 it was a revelation; it was the start of my final year of college hockey and it ended up being my "career year" by miles. Can't give all the credit to the stick but there was certainly a comfort with the One95 that I'd never felt before and it helped my game (even if it was only a placebo on my confidence).

So here's the question:

I hear everyone raving about the new RBK 10k. Last night I went to play some late night pickup and one of the guys I skated with all night was using one and said it was his first time playing with it and he was loving it. Its a stick I've looked at a bunch of times and have been intrigued by. I haven't seen it in ANY local proshops, unfortunately, which means if I wanted to try one, I'd have to order it online (the guy who had one last night was a lefty so I couldn't try his - his other stick happens to be a One95 as well). My question is, for anyone who has had the chance to try both sticks, how do they compare, feel wise? I like the feel of the concave shaft on the One95. Is the 10k anything like this or is it a more traditional, convex (for lack of a better description) feel in the hands? How's the balance of the stick? Similar to the One95? Really I just want to know if anyone else has had the chance to play with both and how you thought they stacked up to one another. If you can, compare the 10k to the One95 and the XXXX; I'd like to know which it feels more like.

Basically, I'd love to try the 10k, but I'm not going to waste the money ordering one if it's not even going to come close to the One95 (for me). I love the One95 and have no NEED to change sticks; more like a need to satisfy my curiousity about the 10k. Any thoughts from a player who knows the One95 and the 10k are welcome; just trying to do a little research before I go wasting more cash.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 02:33 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Nobody? Can I at least get some opinions on the 10k? I'm just so curious about the stick.

Old
06-15-2009, 03:24 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalchkin71 View Post
Nobody? Can I at least get some opinions on the 10k? I'm just so curious about the stick.
I've not used any of these sticks you have mentioned but I am gauging a future purchase by reading your thread here.

I have looked at sopme One95s ... the ones that come with the extended length shaft for big guys and pro 112 flex so when you cut the shaft it is possible to have a 125 flex for my height of 6ft 4in.

I have been to the bauer website and the website does explain that the Vapor sticks are for playmakers or fiddle diddlers and the One95 is made for shooters.

The kick point and all that the website claims is designed for slapshots and hard shooter type shots while the Vapor sticks are made for a playmaker.

Can you corroborate that for me? I mentioned that in here and pretty much got laughed at but I think some people do not realize that some sticks are designed for different purposes and have different flex kickpoints.

Anyhew wish I could comment on these sticks for you that you posted about but i do not use any yet and right now looks like the One95 is where I am going next for sticks whether it is the shaft system or the complete stick.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 03:30 PM
SERE 24
LGR

The One95 has a shooters kickpoint BUT I personally think that the shaft has such a superior feel to the XXXX that it is better for stickhandling and playmaking as well. Basically, I used the XXXX until I got my first One95 and would never go back, not even situationally. In my mind, the One95 simply makes the XXXX obsolete; it is a superior stick.

As for the flex point, the One95 is a shooters stick. There's such a satisfying "feel" when you let go of a shot, picking your spots and putting the puck where you want it is very easy. I'm not the heaviest shooter, but I take a lot of shots and the One95 feels like an extension of the arms and hands; shooting is effortless. You can feel the stick "load" prior to release and you feel the torque when you let the shot go. If you have a heavy shot, or whenever you get one off, you definitely might be under the impression that this stick is adding a couple MPH when you first get on the ice with it. It has that satisfying snap on the follow through that lets you know when you get all of the shot. Just my $.02.

Old
06-15-2009, 04:10 PM
Johnny Law

I have both though I should mention they are pro-stock as the 10k prostock is a bit heavier and more durable.

The 10k has a more squared shaft and fits better in my hands, I'm one of those weird people with bigger palms and shorter fingers so the one95 just felt a little too surgical for me.

Durability wise I haven't had any problems with either, some paint here and there but nothing else. Additionally I didn't notice that one was heavier than the other, though the One95 is probably a smidgen heavier. Balance wise I'd say they both feel pretty amazing though the 10k is a little more blade heavy.

One95 is definitely a shooters stick, you can feel the stick load and fire off shots. It loads pretty quick so snap shots and wristers were good, I've never had a great shot so slappers aren't my thing but they were improved a little.

10K seems to have a much lower kickpoint as I can get shots off even faster than with the One95 additionally the blade seems to be stiffer on the 10k. I prefer the grip material on the 10k too though I imagine each player has a different idea of what the perfect grip materials is.

Overall both are amazing sticks that I can't see too many people not liking however the 10k works better for my game. The blade is stiffer and the kickpoint lower, as I said before I'm not a power shooter so I want a stick that has excellent control and quick loading.

Johnny Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 05:34 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
The One95 has a shooters kickpoint BUT I personally think that the shaft has such a superior feel to the XXXX that it is better for stickhandling and playmaking as well. Basically, I used the XXXX until I got my first One95 and would never go back, not even situationally. In my mind, the One95 simply makes the XXXX obsolete; it is a superior stick.

As for the flex point, the One95 is a shooters stick. There's such a satisfying "feel" when you let go of a shot, picking your spots and putting the puck where you want it is very easy. I'm not the heaviest shooter, but I take a lot of shots and the One95 feels like an extension of the arms and hands; shooting is effortless. You can feel the stick "load" prior to release and you feel the torque when you let the shot go. If you have a heavy shot, or whenever you get one off, you definitely might be under the impression that this stick is adding a couple MPH when you first get on the ice with it. It has that satisfying snap on the follow through that lets you know when you get all of the shot. Just my $.02.
Thanks that was what I wanted to know in here. seriously you sold me on getting one.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 06:06 PM
milkshow

Lucky me, my brother plays on a junior team and he is going to hook me up with some. I've only seen them in the stores and they feel very light.

milkshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 03:57 PM
raganblink

earlier this year i bought 3 pro-stock ones from the states. i broke one on a freak play but the other two have stayed together nice.

working at a shop you get to try sticks out, and when our rep came in and showed us the 10k we loved it to death. but we got a 40 out and compared feel and all that on them. they're identical. turns out the guy who designed 10k designed 40 for bauer the year earlier. its the same stick except the weave pattern is different.

if you've tried out the 40, you've tried out the 10k. pro-stock however is completely different from the regular one. i love the pro-stock more than the one they're shipping out, so really its a tough decision for ya. pro-stock feels a little heavier, but has better feel imo. can't go wrong either way though.

raganblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 09:49 AM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by raganblink View Post
earlier this year i bought 3 pro-stock ones from the states. i broke one on a freak play but the other two have stayed together nice.

working at a shop you get to try sticks out, and when our rep came in and showed us the 10k we loved it to death. but we got a 40 out and compared feel and all that on them. they're identical. turns out the guy who designed 10k designed 40 for bauer the year earlier. its the same stick except the weave pattern is different.

if you've tried out the 40, you've tried out the 10k. pro-stock however is completely different from the regular one. i love the pro-stock more than the one they're shipping out, so really its a tough decision for ya. pro-stock feels a little heavier, but has better feel imo. can't go wrong either way though.
That's pretty much all I needed to hear. I much prefer the feel of the One95 to the XXXX, so I won't be picking up a 10k.

Old
07-01-2009, 10:30 AM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
That's pretty much all I needed to hear. I much prefer the feel of the One95 to the XXXX, so I won't be picking up a 10k.

I've never used a Bauer stick but we did a product knowledge session on Sunday evening with a Bauer sales rep so here you go...

the response from the 8 or 10 guys was very positive. I believe the one-95 blade is more like an Easton now...injected whereas the 10k is a harder blade....less feel for the puck with the 10k.

The one-95 supposedly has an adjustable kick. Triggered by which type of shot you're taking and where your hands are located on the shaft. Someone may be able to explain this better because I still have a hard time figuring it out. It's a "flex-zone" thing.

The 10K seems much more balanced as opposed to being blade heavy. If you've ever used a balanced softball bat as opposed to an end-loaded one, you'll know exactly what I mean.

The One-95 is a bad-ass looking stick. The One-95 is a little plain Jane.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 04:19 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raganblink View Post

That is NOT TRUE AT ALL. I can 100% guarantee it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
I've never used a Bauer stick but we did a product knowledge session on Sunday evening with a Bauer sales rep so here you go...

the response from the 8 or 10 guys was very positive. I believe the one-95 blade is more like an Easton now...injected whereas the 10k is a harder blade....less feel for the puck with the 10k.

The one-95 supposedly has an adjustable kick. Triggered by which type of shot you're taking and where your hands are located on the shaft. Someone may be able to explain this better because I still have a hard time figuring it out. It's a "flex-zone" thing.

The 10K seems much more balanced as opposed to being blade heavy. If you've ever used a balanced softball bat as opposed to an end-loaded one, you'll know exactly what I mean.

The One-95 is a bad-ass looking stick. The One-95 is a little plain Jane.
That is true though. The 10k has a softer feel for the puck, similar to the s17, in my mind. The 10k has an amazing feel when shooting, because of the pure fiber technology. It has no torque or artificial rotation that messes up your shot. It's good on power shots but pays off huge on wristers and snappers. I prefer the one95 for puck feel.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote