HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Back in the driver's seat!

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2004, 01:22 AM
Oi'll say!

vCash: 500
Back in the driver's seat!

We are in control of our own destiny again thx to Nashville's one point game tonight and the fact that there are two head-to-head matchups between Edm, Stl, and Nashville.

If StL wins their game against Nash in ot we can still finish ahead of Nashville as we are tied with them for points and games remaining.

If Nash wins in ot against StL then StL would be capable of finishing the season one point ahead of us but for the fact that we still get to play them once. If we take both points out of that game their best possible total is one less than ours.

I BELIEVE!

Old
03-28-2004, 01:24 AM
Walsher

It is going o be a tough battle, but Nashville is slipping of late and St Louis still has tough games including that Nashville battle. Edmonton has come this far lets hope they continue and energize the city for a while longer.

Old
03-28-2004, 02:45 AM
Mizral

One thing to note is that because Nashville owns the tiebreaker, the Oilers really need a win. A tie still keeps them out of the playoffs.

Is this game tommorrow? I'll have to NHL-radio it.

By the way, I did notice that ABC is airing the Blues game, so catch that one!!

Old
03-28-2004, 05:19 AM
Oilercreeper

Oilers need to win 3 of 4 to make the playoffs... I really think the Oilers can do it if they keep playing the way they are..... BUT the point they lost in the Dallas game might hurt them. I must BLAME the FLAMES too if Oilers were unsuccessful to reach the post season... Damn Calgary couldn't beat the Preds after a hard fought game against the Oilers... Blues I think should make it in... I am hoping the results of the following games

Nashville ( 4 Games Left)

Chi
@ Chi
St.L
@ Col

I think Nashville will go 2 / 4 in the final 4 games... Tough ones against the Blues and Avs... Hoping the Avalanche show up for that game.... They Should win both against CHI but then I hope CHI can pull one through

PREDICTION: 89 Points

St.Louis Blues

@ Chi
Edm
Det
@ Nas
@ Min

I think the Blues are gonna be in the playoffs... with a game in hand.. they probably will use that to their advantage... Win against Chi.. Losses to Edm and Det... Win against Nas and Min...

PREDICTION 91 Points

Edmonton

PHX
@ ST.L
@ DAL
@ VAN

Oilers need to pull out 3 of 4 games to make it... If the results above were to occur.. 5 points will only be needed... So an OT loss or a Tie will work... 2-1-1 OR 2-1-0-1..... Even a loss to ST.L won't hurt.. but of course beating them will be alot better if STL was to slide... I just say... GO OILERS GO... win all 4.. so we wont have to worry about counting the games down... haha

Old
03-28-2004, 09:52 AM
WFHACommish

In short, TSN.ca says the magic number this year is 93 at the moment. Could go down. Man is it tough to play in our division. If we get in, that's 4 teams in one division just like the Northeast. Is it just me or Canadian teams were destined to be in the hardest divisions?

Old
03-28-2004, 11:26 AM
speeds

Strangely enough, if CHI can win 2 in a row in regulation now, and EDM their next 3 (only the STL game need be in regulation), EDM would clinch a spot on Wednesday night.

Go Hawks !!!

Last edited by speeds: 03-28-2004 at 11:31 AM.
Old
03-28-2004, 12:28 PM
IceDragoon

Just win boys!!!

I BELIEVE!!!

Old
03-28-2004, 04:50 PM
Mikey 71

No, the Oilers need to win all of their games and that STILL might not be enough. The Preds can get in if they win out, regardless of what the Oilers do.

Old
03-28-2004, 04:54 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey 71
No, the Oilers need to win all of their games and that STILL might not be enough. The Preds can get in if they win out, regardless of what the Oilers do.
Nashville still plays St louis as does Edmonton. So if the Oil win all their games and So does Nash theni we are still in as we would be ahead of ST Louis then.

Old
03-28-2004, 06:44 PM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark
Nashville still plays St louis as does Edmonton. So if the Oil win all their games and So does Nash theni we are still in as we would be ahead of ST Louis then.
The beauty of HTH matchup's down the stretch... makes things just THAT much more interesting.

Old
03-28-2004, 10:22 PM
Hairball

I swear I posted on this last night. It's not here though. The only way that we don't make it in if we win out is if we beat St. Louis in OT and Nashville beats St. Louis in OT and they both win the rest of their games,

Old
03-29-2004, 06:01 AM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Send a message via ICQ to Ironchef Chris Wok*
Edmonton HAS to win that game against St. Louis. That's the key game right there, the 4 pointer.

Closed Thread