HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TSN: Heatley says "NO" TO EDM - Murray says deal is dead for now.

Closed Thread

Old
06-30-2009, 04:17 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewlBum View Post
Not necessarily true. Ottawa does not have to trade Heatley and if no proposal comes along that is satisfactory, then simply no trade will be made. I think there will be a trade however, and I think Ottawa will get either fair return or slightly less then fair return..but not "ripped off". Heater is one of the VERY few players who is pretty much guaranteed to score 40+ goals for you. GMs know this. While the offers right now would be considered ripping off, Murray has obviously not accepted any of them. As the weeks go on and more players get signed, the offers for Heatley will grow as gm's become more desperate. As well, it seems to me his one-dimensional play is getting greatly exxagerated here on HF. I mean I can understand why...the guy demands a trade, has the nerve to even give a list of teams, and basically makes himself look like an *******, thus making hf posters hate on him with a passion. "one dimensional", "selfish", "no defence", "blah blah"...you ask people what they think of him a year or 2 ago and you'd get comments like "top 5 forward" and "franchise player". Basically anytime you hear a very good or very bad (especially a bad one) comment about a player on HF you can bet dimes to donuts that it's an exaggeration to various degrees. I think GM's will look at Heatley and see a player who would score for you big time, and not put too much emphasis on his one-dimensional play as most players of his calibre are alot closer to being one-dimensional then not.
i havent read all this, because its late and im barely awake while typing this, but i did want to say, heater is a 40-50 goal scorer with guys like spezza, alfie, savard, kovalchuk, etc on his line.

The Rangers have no such players to offer him. Nobody on the rangers is as good as any of the players listed there. Heatley isnt one of 2 or 3 weapons...heatley woudl be our ONLY weapon. and i dont think hes good enough to do it on his own. i question if hes a 40-50 guy here...honestly if we traded for him, id pencil him in at 30/40/70..nothing more.

Old
06-30-2009, 07:27 AM
Vitto79

Honestly at this point wouldnt Rozsival, Zherdev,Sanguinetti, 1st be enough for Ottawa?

Heatley wants out and its a problem for the team.

Atleast in this case the Rangers eat the 4 million bonus, they get a top 4 Dman to go with Volchenkov, Phillips, Kuba......not bad really............Zherdev has tons of talent and can play with Spezza..........Sanguinetti will be knocking at the door this year and should make it next for sure and they get a 1st

I think this deal can get done and today is the day

Old
06-30-2009, 07:40 AM
n_a_c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
i havent read all this, because its late and im barely awake while typing this, but i did want to say, heater is a 40-50 goal scorer with guys like spezza, alfie, savard, kovalchuk, etc on his line.

The Rangers have no such players to offer him. Nobody on the rangers is as good as any of the players listed there. Heatley isnt one of 2 or 3 weapons...heatley woudl be our ONLY weapon. and i dont think hes good enough to do it on his own. i question if hes a 40-50 guy here...honestly if we traded for him, id pencil him in at 30/40/70..nothing more.
Excellent point Inferno. Heatley was 1/3 of one of the best lines in hockey for the past several years. Is he clearly an important part of that line? Yes. But you can't remove the fact that he scored all those points as part of that line. And for the two big 100 point seasons, Ottawa was a powerhouse with good defensemen and plenty of depth.

I don't know what line he played with back in 02/03 when he scored 89, but Kozlov, Kovaluchuk and Savard had 70,67,47 respectively that year.

Old
06-30-2009, 07:53 AM
NY Ranger86

go get em slats.

Old
06-30-2009, 08:18 AM
Juice*

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_a_c View Post
Excellent point Inferno. Heatley was 1/3 of one of the best lines in hockey for the past several years. Is he clearly an important part of that line? Yes. But you can't remove the fact that he scored all those points as part of that line. And for the two big 100 point seasons, Ottawa was a powerhouse with good defensemen and plenty of depth.

I don't know what line he played with back in 02/03 when he scored 89, but Kozlov, Kovaluchuk and Savard had 70,67,47 respectively that year.
Heatleys PPG was higher without spezza in the line up....thanks for playing though.

we will take a salary dump back in the trade but it wont be a defenseman

Old
06-30-2009, 08:39 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Ranger86 View Post
go get em slats.
Care to share what he's giving up?

Old
06-30-2009, 08:40 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice View Post
Heatleys PPG was higher without spezza in the line up....thanks for playing though.

we will take a salary dump back in the trade but it wont be a defenseman
Gomez, Drury?

Your choice....

Old
06-30-2009, 08:48 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KewlBum View Post
Well, if one of the big 3 aint going back, then imo a deal prolly shouldn't be made. If it does, that'll be $28.407 million on the hook for a while for 4 guys. And even worse, with the cap likely going down in the 10/11 season...well, talk about suck
Your a Leafs fan right?

Old
06-30-2009, 08:52 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice View Post
So what you're saying is Spezza had nothing at all to do with his 100 points seasons. Yeah... sounds reasonable

He only got 72 points last season without missing a game. I will eat my shoe on camera if he gets more than 80 points on a team who's highest scorer had less than 60 last year

Old
06-30-2009, 09:28 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Honestly at this point wouldnt Rozsival, Zherdev,Sanguinetti, 1st be enough for Ottawa?

Heatley wants out and its a problem for the team.

Atleast in this case the Rangers eat the 4 million bonus, they get a top 4 Dman to go with Volchenkov, Phillips, Kuba......not bad really............Zherdev has tons of talent and can play with Spezza..........Sanguinetti will be knocking at the door this year and should make it next for sure and they get a 1st

I think this deal can get done and today is the day
Why give them that much? That is too much value for a player who has asked for/demanded for a trade from 2 teams at the age of 28. The guy has NEVER been the only superstar on his team and has played with all-star playmakers almost his entire career in Savard, Spezza and Alfie.

I am not saying I dont ant him on this team, but I think he is a very good compllimentary piece to a successful team. The guy doesnt play defense and if he isnt scoring, he isnt doing much of anything.

Considering that deal proposed:
Zherdev-60 points
Rozsival-30 points
Sanguinetti-30-40 points(in the near future)
1st rounder(say around 19)-45-70 points in the future

Heatley- 80 points+7.5 million dollar contract+attitude problems

Old
06-30-2009, 09:43 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
Why give them that much? That is too much value for a player who has asked for/demanded for a trade from 2 teams at the age of 28. The guy has NEVER been the only superstar on his team and has played with all-star playmakers almost his entire career in Savard, Spezza and Alfie.

I am not saying I dont ant him on this team, but I think he is a very good compllimentary piece to a successful team. The guy doesnt play defense and if he isnt scoring, he isnt doing much of anything.

Considering that deal proposed:
Zherdev-60 points
Rozsival-30 points
Sanguinetti-30-40 points(in the near future)
1st rounder(say around 19)-45-70 points in the future

Heatley- 80 points+7.5 million dollar contract+attitude problems
If only it were as easy as taking the sum of a bunch of parts and equating that to the value of an elite player. Zherdev is enigmatic. And Rozy is a significant salary going the other way. And the 1st rounder could also be a bust. Probably a fair deal value wise...but is giving up all that for Heatley going to solve our problems?

Old
06-30-2009, 09:45 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
If only it were as easy as taking the sum of a bunch of parts and equating that to the value of an elite player. Zherdev is enigmatic. And Rozy is a significant salary going the other way. And the 1st rounder could also be a bust. Probably a fair deal value wise...but is giving up all that for Heatley going to solve our problems?
I dont think its as easy as saying why wouldnt you want to flip Dubinsky or Cally for Heatley. Of course Heately is a superior talent. (How much of that talent the Rangers would be getting and how it would work with the current roster here is another argument all together)

A big contract has to go the other way and i find it kind of pointless to flip Dubinsky even if a Drury or Gomez were to be included (the Sens dont need defenseman), because you would be losing 2 centers, one of them being a solid developing player who you dont have to pay 3-7 Million a year for all eternity.

The deeper you dig with this deal makes it plain to see that these two teams are terrible tradiing partners right now, and if Sather doesnt totally fleece Murray (or the other way around) i dont see any deal that favors both teams.

Heatley • 7.5 Million • 5 yrs remaining
Redden • 6.5 Million • 5 yrs remaining
Gomez • 7.3 Million • 5 yrs remaining
Drury • 7 Million • 3 yrs remaining
Rozy • 5 Million • 3 yrs remaining
Lundqvist • 6.8 Million • 5 yrs remaining

75% of the cap - 40 Million tied up in 6 players for the next 3 years? LoL

And some of you want Gaborik and/or Antropov on top of it? Not to mention you have to sign Staal next season.

Nooooo THANK YOU. It would be wise to hold onto your assets and young inexpensive talent.

Again, the only way this gets done is if Sather trades Gomez or Drury to the Sens.

Old
06-30-2009, 10:26 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I dont think its as easy as saying why wouldnt you want to flip Dubinsky or Cally for Heatley. Of course Heately is a superior talent. (How much of that talent the Rangers would be getting and how it would work with the current roster here is another argument all together)

A big contract has to go the other way and i find it kind of pointless to flip Dubinsky even if a Drury or Gomez were to be included (the Sens dont need defenseman), because you would be losing 2 centers, one of them being a solid developing player who you dont have to pay 3-7 Million a year for all eternity.

The deeper you dig with this deal makes it plain to see that these two teams are terrible tradiing partners right now, and if Sather doesnt totally fleece Murray (or the other way around) i dont see any deal that favors both teams.

Heatley • 7.5 Million • 5 yrs remaining
Redden • 6.5 Million • 5 yrs remaining
Gomez • 7.3 Million • 5 yrs remaining
Drury • 7 Million • 3 yrs remaining
Rozy • 5 Million • 3 yrs remaining
Lundqvist • 6.8 Million • 5 yrs remaining

75% of the cap - 40 Million tied up in 6 players for the next 3 years? LoL

And some of you want Gaborik and/or Antropov on top of it? Not to mention you have to sign Staal next season.

Nooooo THANK YOU. It would be wise to hold onto your assets and young inexpensive talent.

Again, the only way this gets done is if Sather trades Gomez or Drury to the Sens.
Yea they have to deal salary back. Rozy is the man for that cause the others are going no where

Honestly I think Heatley solves a huuuuuge problem. Gomez would have a winger to play with and so help me god if this happens and he sucks with Heatley I am gonna snap. they could place a pain in the arse like Avery on that line too

I really like the idea of Anisimov getting time with Zherdev and if Grachev can win a spot its great but if not Kospikoski then

Any interest in Kotalik to play with Drury?

Old
06-30-2009, 10:27 AM
Levitate

The "Heatley is a whiny little *****" saga continues

http://www.theguardian.pe.ca/index.cfm?sid=265346&sc=99

This a family friend, so obviously he doesn't speak directly for Heatley, but you should probably think twice before saying things like:

Quote:
“This is an organizational thing,” Molloy said. “Wade Redden was crucified in Ottawa despite all the work he did for underprivileged kids. They ran him off.
Yeah way to pin all the blame on the organization. They're certainly the ones who went public with trade demands.

Quote:
“The new coach (Cory Clouston) has decided that Dany is a second- or third-line player, uses him on the second power play and plays him 14 minutes a game. Dany had many closed door conversations with him and was told that the situation would improve, but it didn’t in the two months they were together.”
Yes Clouston really thinks Heatley is a 3rd line player

Heatley still mainly played on the top lines, and he got his icetime cut occasionally because he slacked off and didn't play as hard as he should of. It's not some mystery as to why his icetime got cut.

Quote:
The Senators decline since ’07 was a factor in Heatley wanting out.

“Two years ago they looked like the old Montreal Canadiens,” Molloy said, “but they haven’t been able to right the ship since.”
The Sens suck for one year (well, one and a half) after being to the cup finals 2 years ago, and now it's time to jump ship! Way to be a difference maker, Danny. Way to be a good teammate and try to help turn the team around.

**** Heatley, I don't want him near this team

Old
06-30-2009, 10:40 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
**** Heatley, I don't want him near this team
I really have to agree. He's such a lazy individual that I don't see him making it beyond February with Torts on his back every day.

We need scoring, but we also need guys that aren't going to poison the locker room again. If the price for Heatley is some of our junk, then I might consider it, but other than that, Ottawa can keep him.

Old
06-30-2009, 10:42 AM
ThirdEye

Good find. And Murray wants to deplete a team of their prospects for this guy who is going to give the team hell if he isn't traded. **** off

Old
06-30-2009, 10:43 AM
Levitate

I may be wrong, but I think stuff like this is really hurting Heatley's trade value. Other teams see a player who's quitting on his team and forcing management into a difficult situation, not to mention a guy who's scoring has declined for whatever reason, and they say "hell no I don't want to pay top dollar for this guy, he's not worth it".

Old
06-30-2009, 11:13 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Spectors blagh:

Quote:
The club has given Heatley's agent permission to broker a deal
What does that mean? His agent is negotiating a trade with Sather? Hypothetically of course.

How is that possible? Kinda of weak management on Ottawas side if true.

06-30-2009, 11:14 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
I may be wrong, but I think stuff like this is really hurting Heatley's trade value. Other teams see a player who's quitting on his team and forcing management into a difficult situation, not to mention a guy who's scoring has declined for whatever reason, and they say "hell no I don't want to pay top dollar for this guy, he's not worth it".

Youre not wrong at all....the guy is 3rd highest goal scorer in the NHL the past few years and Ottawa gets one offer? GMs don't like Heatley today , which means Sathers in love with him.

I know he has a high salary but at least he puts up the numbers to justify the hit.

Old
06-30-2009, 11:14 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Enter humanitarian Glen Sather.

I can hear him now:

"Well, things didnt work out up there in Ottawa, and we jumped at the chance to get a great player who can score. Thats something we lacked last year. He sure has a lot to prove but hes a fantastic player who can do a lot of things for us"

This has got Heatley to the Rangers written ALL over it with the Rangers giving up something the fans will not be happy about.

Old
06-30-2009, 11:16 AM
Levitate

edit: ^^^^ Yeah I agree on that, but at least Sather has shown he's not ready to overpay Ottawa just to get Heatley

sometimes puts up the numbers. We're sitting here calling Gomez overpaid, and last year Heatley put up some pretty Gomez point totals while making more $$

(point totals, not goal totals, obviously)

ALso I have no idea what they "Heatley's agent gets to broker a deal" could mean

Old
06-30-2009, 11:19 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:

ALso I have no idea what they "Heatley's agent gets to broker a deal" could mean
Yeah ive never heard of such a thing... Its probably baloney.

Old
06-30-2009, 11:21 AM
heatley_fan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chariot View Post
Spectors blagh:

What does that mean? His agent is negotiating a trade with Sather? Hypothetically of course.

How is that possible? Kinda of weak management on Ottawas side if true.
I think he's trying to sell himself to other teams and sort of explain his point of view why he wants to leave Ottawa, help Murray out a bit

Old
06-30-2009, 11:23 AM
Levitate

Quote:
They have a quote from the Assistant GM basically confirming it. I don't think they'd make up quotes, since that's libel.

Old
06-30-2009, 11:24 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
It may be like football, where an player and agent are given permission to "explore a trade." Meaning they talk to other teams, see if there are legitimate suitors out there, sell the player, etc.

Closed Thread