Tomáš Plekanec 1982
Maritn Erat 1981

youngest: Tomáš Hertl 1993, Hyka 1993, Jaškin 1993

Nagano1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 04:35 AM
zorz

vCash: 500
Well Kaberle seems to be regressing fast. Things look like he won't be relevant for 2014 Olympics. It's quite possible this might be out D core in that time:

LD
Miroslav Blatak
Jan Hejda
Jakub Kindl
Rostislav Klesla
Ladislav Smid

RD
Radko Gudas
Jakub Nakladal
Zbynek Michalek
Ondrej Nemec
Roman Polak

Really nothing to be thrilled about when you look at the other teams. Correct me if I missed somebody.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 05:17 AM
Swipes

vCash: 1321
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
Well Kaberle seems to be regressing fast. Things look like he won't be relevant for 2014 Olympics. It's quite possible this might be out D core in that time:

LD
Miroslav Blatak
Jan Hejda
Jakub Kindl
Rostislav Klesla
Ladislav Smid

RD
Radko Gudas
Jakub Nakladal
Zbynek Michalek
Ondrej Nemec
Roman Polak

Really nothing to be thrilled about when you look at the other teams. Correct me if I missed somebody.
I think Musil could have a decent shot at making the team and Polasek isn't too bad either. Like you said, nothing to be thrilled about, but I'm liking our goaltending depth for the next 5-10 years or so, it seems there might be a lot to choose from.

Swipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 07:24 AM
Elverpond

Hmm interesting, Finland has the same problem though, most of the great players are getting too old and there aren't any new young stars coming up really.
Czech Republic has gone from 7.4% (of NHL players) in 2003 to 4.1% currently
Finland has gone from 4.5% in 2006 to 3.1% currently
Slovakia - 3.7% in 2004 to 1.4% currently
Russia 5.8% in 2003 to 3.3% currently

Im not sure exactly why this is happening but I know who's taking the spots
USA - 9.6% growth since 2002-03 season
Canada - 3.5% growth since 2002-03 season
for those wondering
Sweden - .5% growth since 2002-03 (has kept around 6% of nhlers)

Does anyone think that teams had a love affair with foreigners?
Is this just the natural cycle?
Are European clubs convincing more players to say?
does someone have an answer to this?

the NHL is no question the strongest league in the world, with these national teams having fewer players in the NHL and having to settle for playing at home or somewhere else in europe. I think these countries are in decline and I say this when I look at this Czech Republic pool of talent you have here, this honestly isn't very promising.
After being international kings from 1998 Olympic Gold winners-2002 the end of this era coincides with the rapid decline in the amount of Czechs in the NHL.
Again I dont know the cause or what this means exactly. but I do know that this is not looking good, seems like USA Canada and Sweden are gonna pull away internationally which could turn the Olympics into a rather dull affair.

Elverpond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 01:53 PM
Swipes

vCash: 1321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elverpond View Post
After being international kings from 1998 Olympic Gold winners-2002 the end of this era coincides with the rapid decline in the amount of Czechs in the NHL.
Again I dont know the cause or what this means exactly.
but I do know that this is not looking good, seems like USA Canada and Sweden are gonna pull away internationally which could turn the Olympics into a rather dull affair.
To sum it up (as to give a proper response to this would take several posts) it has been caused by the decline in the quality of the Czech junior development programme. Whilst countries like Sweden were working on improving theirs (during that successful era that you mentioned) we rested on our laurels and let everyone overtake us. We were (until very recently-2008/2009-> not quite sure) still playing against countries like Poland and Hungary as part of our development programme which starts with the U-16's. Now no offense to these countries at all, but in order for our juniors to be able to compete with the likes of Canada, USA + Sweden, we need to play with them and we need to play with them regularly. In addition to this, a lot of the training techniques that the Czechs were using were outdated and many club coaches were kind of convinced they knew best and didn't really care for what training techniques the top nations used.
'Fortunately' (because it's still a bit too early to say yet) Slavomir Lener came along (he was offered the position of 'head coach of youth' by the president of CSLH) and decided he'd try to put this matter right, because it was starting to become a serious problem. Since then I think it would be fair to say that a lot of improvements have been made to the junior development programme (for example: more frequent games against Canada, Usa, Sweden etc at all age groups, the reinstatement of the U-19 national team and an attempt to adapt the Swedish development programme to Czech needs with modern training techniques focusing on things such as skating, individual skill, lower-body strength etc etc). But it's still in it's early stages, it will take at least 5-10 years until the work will come to fruition.

Whilst the decline in the quality of the programme can be blamed, one must not forget that with the birth of the KHL a lot of Czech players that could play in the NHL (Blat'ak for example) chose not to because they were/are paid better in the KHL.

Swipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 04:23 PM
zorz

Swipes is quite right. I'd hardly say it better. Good thing is that Czech hockey finally after 10 bad years changed it's status from "looking for the right questions" to "looking for the right answers" :-))

Old
12-02-2011, 05:27 PM
zorz

I posted D core for 2014 as I see it right now last week and I coun'd resist to look at offense too. Here is what I'm thinking. Personally I like that better than defense.

LW
Patrik Elias
Tomas Fleischmann
Michael Frolik
Milan Michalek
Jiri Tlusty

C
Martin Hanzal
Roman Horak
David Krejci
Tomas Plekanec
Vladimir Sobotka

RW
Roman Cervenka
Martin Havlat
Ales Hemsky
Jakub Voracek
Radim Vrbata

Old
12-29-2011, 12:59 PM
Doshell Propivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipes View Post
Whilst the decline in the quality of the programme can be blamed, one must not forget that with the birth of the KHL a lot of Czech players that could play in the NHL (Blat'ak for example) chose not to because they were/are paid better in the KHL.
I think the KHL is a BIG factor why the percentage of most Europeans in the NHL has slightly declined.

Doshell Propivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 01:38 PM
Finnish your Czech
Jermain Defriend

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elverpond View Post
Hmm interesting, Finland has the same problem though, most of the great players are getting too old and there aren't any new young stars coming up really.
Czech Republic has gone from 7.4% (of NHL players) in 2003 to 4.1% currently
Finland has gone from 4.5% in 2006 to 3.1% currently
Slovakia - 3.7% in 2004 to 1.4% currently
Russia 5.8% in 2003 to 3.3% currently

Im not sure exactly why this is happening but I know who's taking the spots
USA - 9.6% growth since 2002-03 season
Canada - 3.5% growth since 2002-03 season
for those wondering
Sweden - .5% growth since 2002-03 (has kept around 6% of nhlers)

Does anyone think that teams had a love affair with foreigners?
Is this just the natural cycle?
Are European clubs convincing more players to say?
does someone have an answer to this?

the NHL is no question the strongest league in the world, with these national teams having fewer players in the NHL and having to settle for playing at home or somewhere else in europe. I think these countries are in decline and I say this when I look at this Czech Republic pool of talent you have here, this honestly isn't very promising.
Again I dont know the cause or what this means exactly. but I do know that this is not looking good, seems like USA Canada and Sweden are gonna pull away internationally which could turn the Olympics into a rather dull affair.
90% because of the KHL-- 10% because of the improvement of USA hockey.

Finnish your Czech is offline   Reply With Quote