HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Los Angeles/Toronto Swap

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-30-2009, 12:21 PM
  #26
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 15,433
vCash: 500
All your Schenn's are belong to us.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:25 PM
  #27
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,747
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adevandry View Post
You're right. I should have posted that in one of the many B. Schenn to TOR threads here instead, each started by a Leafs fan.

After the ***** fit that Burke threw, Lombardi is certainly not chomping at the bit to deal with him.
Well your right you should have. There are probably always gonna be leafs fans proposing all kinds of trades to get Brayden here. You might as well get use to it now. I haven't done any since before the draft and that is were I stopped. I like most hoped we could move up but that wasn't the case so like most I'm willing to move on now. The problem is our fan base is such that there are gonna be a decent number of fans that will never stop. I honestly don't know the fit your talking about. I guess if he did that could turn Lombardi off doing anything with him but even if he did it would be foolish for Lombardi not to at least listen.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:29 PM
  #28
RonSwanson*
Gadfly
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Food 'N Stuff
Country: United States
Posts: 8,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
Well your right you should have. There are probably always gonna be leafs fans proposing all kinds of trades to get Brayden here. You might as well get use to it now. I haven't done any since before the draft and that is were I stopped. I like most hoped we could move up but that wasn't the case so like most I'm willing to move on now. The problem is our fan base is such that there are gonna be a decent number of fans that will never stop. I honestly don't know the fit your talking about. I guess if he did that could turn Lombardi off doing anything with him but even if he did it would be foolish for Lombardi not to at least listen.
Burke complained publicly that the trade offers he was receiving were unreasonable.

Consider that to the Kings, B Schenn > L Schenn (because they need offense more than defense), and Burke will never trade Luke, then that should put an end to all Schenn trade rumors once and for all.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:36 PM
  #29
Bandit
Registered User
 
Bandit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 4,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adevandry View Post
Burke complained publicly that the trade offers he was receiving were unreasonable.

Consider that to the Kings, B Schenn > L Schenn (because they need offense more than defense), and Burke will never trade Luke, then that should put an end to all Schenn trade rumors once and for all.
Don't hold your breath.

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:45 PM
  #30
IBLeaf*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oakville, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,378
vCash: 500
Imagine if there was a 3rd Schenn brother who was an elite goalie prospect...

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:50 PM
  #31
Krazy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,835
vCash: 500
LA has some peices that I would consider for schenn. That said, The Schenn family dream was for the boys to play for the leafs, not the kings

Krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:52 PM
  #32
roosterman
Registered User
 
roosterman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 457
vCash: 500
To Tor:

B Schenn
Free pass to all the Leafs fans who are still crying about B. Schenn to LA's Finest Gentleman's Club: Spearmint Rhino

To LA:

L Schenn
Free pass to all LA fans who are crying because they got the wrong Schenn to Tor Finest Gentleman's Club: The Brass Rail.

Everybody's happy!!!

roosterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:53 PM
  #33
RonSwanson*
Gadfly
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Food 'N Stuff
Country: United States
Posts: 8,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
The Schenn family dream was for the boys to play for the leafs, not the kings
Well in that case, send a limo for Brayden. LA is the Make-A-Wish Foundation, apparently.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:55 PM
  #34
IBLeaf*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oakville, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adevandry View Post
Well in that case, send a limo for Brayden. LA is the Make-A-Wish Foundation, apparently.
Burke will be sending him a limo in 7 years.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 01:11 PM
  #35
Sony Eriksson*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: N. Dallas/NYC
Country: Faroe Islands
Posts: 13,583
vCash: 500
TO LA:
Luke Schenn

To Toronto:
Brayden Schenn

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 01:14 PM
  #36
Alex28*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,989
vCash: 500
Except Luke Schenn is relatively good, unlike the mediocre crap heading back (except the 1st round pick which will probably be Taylor Hall caliber)

Alex28* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 01:14 PM
  #37
RonSwanson*
Gadfly
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Food 'N Stuff
Country: United States
Posts: 8,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knee Seeking Scud View Post
TO LA:
Luke Schenn

To Toronto:
Brayden Schenn
NO.

Kings need offense, not defense, and would not make that trade.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 01:17 PM
  #38
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,747
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adevandry View Post
Burke complained publicly that the trade offers he was receiving were unreasonable.

Consider that to the Kings, B Schenn > L Schenn (because they need offense more than defense), and Burke will never trade Luke, then that should put an end to all Schenn trade rumors once and for all.
Yeah he did but did he say anything about Lombardi specifically? Who knows if they ever even talked. I don't expect Burke to trade Schenn anytime soon but if an offer came along that was to him impossible to turn down then he would be moved. Same goes for any player really. Unfortunately, I can understand that Brayden isn't likely to be moved but that isn't gonna stop this stuff from slowing down. Trust me as good as Brayden should be for the Kings there will be proposals pretty steadily for him from the leafs fan base. Every new poster that is a leafs fan will do this. You can almost count on that. I guess it's Brayden's down side.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 01:21 PM
  #39
kmillzy5
Registered User
 
kmillzy5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: hmmm
Country: United States
Posts: 1,391
vCash: 500
Tor: Luke Schenn, Kulemin, Corey Perry, Brett Farve.

LA: Oscar Moller, Devin Setoguchi , Frolov, Mike Richards, 2010 conditional 3rd round pick.

kmillzy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 01:28 PM
  #40
Sony Eriksson*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: N. Dallas/NYC
Country: Faroe Islands
Posts: 13,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adevandry View Post
NO.

Kings need offense, not defense, and would not make that trade.
I forgot the

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 01:35 PM
  #41
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 8,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno12 View Post
Tor: Luke Schenn, Kulemin, Corey Perry, Brett Farve.

LA: Oscar Moller, Devin Setoguchi , Frolov, Mike Richards, 2010 conditional 3rd round pick.
Toronto doesn't need Favre. They are going to sign Mike Vick.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 01:41 PM
  #42
Knight of the Realm
Go Kings Go!
 
Knight of the Realm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Westeros
Country: England
Posts: 4,657
vCash: 500
I think Brayden will do just fine in LA with guys like Hickey, Doughty, and Teubert, who happen to be friends with guess who?

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 02:39 PM
  #43
Art Vanddelay
 
Art Vanddelay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Redondo Beach CA
Country: United States
Posts: 264
vCash: 500
This whole fiasco is hilarious. You do know it's not an entirely foriegn concepts for brothers to play on seperate teams right? I mean the Niedemeyers did it, and you don't see that Staals complaining about having to play against each other. I doubt the Schenn's are DYING to be on the same team

Art Vanddelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 02:45 PM
  #44
grabo84
Registered User
 
grabo84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,448
vCash: 500
God this is a stupid thread. Ziggy, its hard for me to hate on a guy with a Bowie name and a Conan avatar, but I'm sorely tempted. Please, delete this thread and do us all a favour.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 02:50 PM
  #45
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu
 
Julius Caesar Milan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Behind you
Posts: 17,235
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraser View Post
There are millions of Leaf fans. Please don't start this.
You called down the thunder and now you've got it!

Julius Caesar Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 02:53 PM
  #46
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 28,936
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
God this is a stupid thread. Ziggy, its hard for me to hate on a guy with a Bowie name and a Conan avatar, but I'm sorely tempted. Please, delete this thread and do us all a favour.
Yes, yes, this is the exact reaction I was hoping to get upon the birth of this thread.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 02:55 PM
  #47
grabo84
Registered User
 
grabo84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Yes, yes, this is the exact reaction I was hoping to get upon the birth of this thread.
Congratulations?

I don't know if you guys realize this, but 95% of Leafs fans thought the Schenn rumours were stupid too. Read the thread about it on the Leafs board, it was probably slammed just as hard as on the main board.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 02:59 PM
  #48
IBLeaf*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oakville, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
Congratulations?

I don't know if you guys realize this, but 95% of Leafs fans thought the Schenn rumours were stupid too. Read the thread about it on the Leafs board, it was probably slammed just as hard as on the main board.
Don't tell them our secrets.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 03:03 PM
  #49
iPunch
Registered Leafs Fan
 
iPunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,275
vCash: 133
OP needs a slap in the face. This post is nothing but a troll on a bushleague article that came up after the draft.

iPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 03:06 PM
  #50
Knight of the Realm
Go Kings Go!
 
Knight of the Realm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Westeros
Country: England
Posts: 4,657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
Congratulations?

I don't know if you guys realize this, but 95% of Leafs fans thought the Schenn rumours were stupid too. Read the thread about it on the Leafs board, it was probably slammed just as hard as on the main board.
This is true

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.