HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sign Ziggy!!!

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2004, 12:25 AM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

vCash: 500
Sign Ziggy!!!

we are now seeing why the kings must sign palffy!!!...if they let Palffy walk, LA fans should be very upset. unless they can get someone as good who is younger, ziggy palffy must be signed!

i can confidently say that there arent more than 5 forwards in this league who can make the difference that palffy does every game...every time palffy touches the puck, he mkaes something happen....you watch other teams "superstars" play, and they're invisisble for the most part of the game....they skate around, control the puck a little longer than others, and maybe make something happen...but Ziggy makes plays almost every time he's out on the ice...

Palffy puck controls and finds the open man or does it all himself...he makes player such as straka point per game guys...he was able to single handedly establish D armstrong in the league.. who else can get a +22 on a team when every else is a -10...without palffy we see how useless solid guys like straka, carter, stumpel visnovsky, modry is...with palffy in the lineup, theses guys were on the score card every game or at least should be...if palffy wasnt injured so early, the kings would probably be in a playoff spot now, and he would be a top candidate for MVP...

Old
03-24-2004, 12:57 AM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy
we are now seeing why the kings must sign palffy!!!...if they let Palffy walk, LA fans should be very upset. unless they can get someone as good who is younger, ziggy palffy must be signed!

i can confidently say that there arent more than 5 forwards in this league who can make the difference that palffy does every game...every time palffy touches the puck, he mkaes something happen....you watch other teams "superstars" play, and they're invisisble for the most part of the game....they skate around, control the puck a little longer than others, and maybe make something happen...but Ziggy makes plays almost every time he's out on the ice...

Palffy puck controls and finds the open man or does it all himself...he makes player such as straka point per game guys...he was able to single handedly establish D armstrong in the league.. who else can get a +22 on a team when every else is a -10...without palffy we see how useless solid guys like straka, carter, stumpel visnovsky, modry is...with palffy in the lineup, theses guys were on the score card every game or at least should be...if palffy wasnt injured so early, the kings would probably be in a playoff spot now, and he would be a top candidate for MVP...
Not signing Palffy would be a HUGE mistake by the kings.-This is a under statement.

Old
03-24-2004, 01:01 AM
Fat Elvis

You are correct on everything you said.

Old
03-24-2004, 02:06 AM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING ELVI
You are correct on everything you said.
Correct on everything except Visnovsky. He's bar none our best (all-around)defender, and with the size he lacks, he makes up for on smarts. He will be our PP anchor for a very long time..........and his skills are off the hook!

Old
03-24-2004, 05:22 AM
Griffith

I agree, re-signing Palffy is a must.

Old
03-24-2004, 06:46 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

I'll also sign the petition. If they trade Palffy, they trade the Kings.

Old
03-24-2004, 09:31 AM
2goodtimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3
I'll also sign the petition. If they trade Palffy, they trade the Kings.

Didn't we say the same thing when we traded Gretz to the Blues?

Come on now guys, if the new CBA doesn't allow us the cap flexibility we might have to part ways and go a different direction. The cap will be the only true way that would force us to rebuild ala Ottawa and NJ (numbers don't lie). The drafting emphasis will change to selecting more talented players, rather than those that were two-way players or 'strong in their own end' type players. Don't get me wrong, i want Palffy here as much as the next guy, but if he is talking about renewing his agreement for $7 or $8 million without incentives, we may have issues retaining him.

Keep Ziggy and change the drafting emphasis

Old
03-24-2004, 01:40 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goodtimes
Didn't we say the same thing when we traded Gretz to the Blues?

Come on now guys, if the new CBA doesn't allow us the cap flexibility we might have to part ways and go a different direction. The cap will be the only true way that would force us to rebuild ala Ottawa and NJ (numbers don't lie). The drafting emphasis will change to selecting more talented players, rather than those that were two-way players or 'strong in their own end' type players. Don't get me wrong, i want Palffy here as much as the next guy, but if he is talking about renewing his agreement for $7 or $8 million without incentives, we may have issues retaining him.

Keep Ziggy and change the drafting emphasis
Bullsh*t! Sign him at all costs, he'll definitely meet in the middle as far as financial issues are concerned! His main emphasis is that our front builds a winner, if they start cleaning house he'll be gone (by his consent). If they retain our core players (good ones at that) he ain't going nowhere!

By the way, has anybody spotted him, seen him, or even heard of him since his injury. I wonder if he took off to Slovakia, for an earlier summer?

Old
03-24-2004, 02:24 PM
palffytofrovlov

You cant compare Palffy to trading Gretzky, because when the Kings traded Gretz the team was old and slow... We have a young team ready to become great and we cant let him go... its like comparing Apples and oranges...

SIGN PALFFY DT!!!!!

Old
03-24-2004, 02:33 PM
punchy1

I have a couple of takes (*shock and suprise eh?) on this.

One, Sign Palffy. He plays every zone perfectly and without his injury would have been amoung the top five in the league in scoring and we would be in a playoff spot I believe with almost certainty. He has at least three or four years left of being at least a 45+ point producer and since he plays likely the best two way hockey of any skilled forward of his kind in the game, he is worth it even if he starts lagging (which I doubt) in the point department.

With him on a line with Straka I would be willing to bet that we would see a rejuvinated Straka and Ziggy win the scoring title. (as long as they had a speedy dishing center which we have)

That is how I feel today on Ziggy. IF, we are to keep this team together to make a run next year, which I think we will, Ziggy is the cornerstone we do it around.
He is good enough to where, we could let Stumpel go on his merry way and pick Bure and have a right solid line (though, I see us going after a Jokinen type well before Bure, just an example).

Second, I totally take issue with your notion that Visnovsky and the others are "useless" without Ziggy in the line up.

Vis is great and easily our best defenceman when on the ice. Where he isn't as solid as Matty in his own end, he is very close to his level in that area and it is a well known fact that Vis is light years ahead of Matty in the offencive zone. The same could be said for the rest of the players you listed as well.

Of course they are better with Ziggy in the line up as are the rest of our lads, I don't think it right to single them our and would say that Ziggy were better when Allison was there so, it is always that way.

Thirdly and to me, likely the most problematic area on the signing of Ziggy is that if we don't it says that we are going to make some serious changes to our team from my point of veiw.

Dave has already said he is going to sign (try) Steckel at the end of his season. We also have the "NHL Skill set" Hogeboom who will graduate and is said to be ready to step into the Kings line up. We have Barney/Camms/Gleason/Zizka/Grebeshkov all as rookies who are likely to see lots of time with us next year as well.

Add into that mix players like Kanko/Brown/Karlson and all of the sudden, we have allot of great young players who should all get at least a sniff with us next year and some who will or should have to be on the Kings and not allot of room for them.

With Carter/Straka/Luc/Klatt/Stumpel/Ziggy/Frolov/Belanger/Lappy/Avery/Cowan/Pirnes/
Brown/Barney all with the team already, (not to mention Allison who I reckon will mount some sort of a "I finally feel better now" run in order to get qualified and then have an "unfortunate relapse") we are sorely in need of room for our young and veteran players.

We have two ways to go. Deal Straka/Miller/Belanger while letting Stumpel/Carter/Lappy/Modry/Ziggy all walk (or keeping Ziggy) to make room for our kids and or, bring in upgraded replacements for them.

There are going to be teams that will be close enough to sniff the cup this year who don't make it that will be looking for a hard playing veteran defenceman like Miller (what they don't know) as well as a solid young third line center with good face off skils who is cheap and one of the leagues top scoring snipers to add for depth and they will be willing to deal away some youth and established young talent to accomplish this.

Adding Straka/Miller/Ebell and Modry to the Panthers would make them very competitive right now. We get one of their solid netminders (they have two number ones and want to move one of them) and maybe, we could work out a deal landing us Ollie as well giving us a true number one center too.

For my money, this offseason we need to really address two areas above all else, one is goaltending (and I don't mean another goalie who has the word "could" in front of their names. I want one that has "WILL" as in Will be a great goalie for LA there) and a top line true talent number one center. China dolls need not apply.

You put an honest to goodness NHL #1 in net and get us a number one center and only resign Ziggy and Lappy this offseason and I say we are ready for a run at the cup. Period. Let our UFAs walk (except Ziggy and Lappy) and deal Miller and Belanger and Roberts your fathers brother, we are set.

Let Ziggy walk? If so, let Straka Ebell Carter Miller Modry Roman Stumpel Ziggy Dempsey all go along as well and fill in with our lads and whoever we get via trade for our signed players. (straka/Ebell/Miller)

It could go either way. However, I see us signing Ziggy and everybloody body else as well. Though I hope not.

Old
03-25-2004, 12:55 AM
2goodtimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by palffytofrovlov
You cant compare Palffy to trading Gretzky, because when the Kings traded Gretz the team was old and slow... We have a young team ready to become great and we cant let him go... its like comparing Apples and oranges...

SIGN PALFFY DT!!!!!

When Gretz was traded he was done with the Kings in terms of the Kings commitment to winning. Ziggy is in the same position, if we don't show a renewed interest to win now, then that will make it hard to pry him away from his national team in Slovakia.

Ziggy is twice the finisher and playmaker Gretz was at this stage in Wayne's career. My comparison was to shed light on the importance of the player to the team he plays on, not the players accomplishments in the league or his overall value. Your apples to oranges assessment while trying to correct me was way out of text, as you missed the whole point of the post.

Old
03-25-2004, 01:05 AM
2goodtimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
Bullsh*t! Sign him at all costs, he'll definitely meet in the middle as far as financial issues are concerned! His main emphasis is that our front builds a winner, if they start cleaning house he'll be gone (by his consent). If they retain our core players (good ones at that) he ain't going nowhere!

By the way, has anybody spotted him, seen him, or even heard of him since his injury. I wonder if he took off to Slovakia, for an earlier summer?

So you think?! Ziggy is prepared to play for the Slovaks National team by the end of summer and might not return to the NHL until he gets due money for his skills. DT cannot afford to front Ziggy with a 'take it or leave it' offer. He will clearly stay over-seas and play very productive hockey for his country.

I wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't already left for his home country, but being as he is still on the payroll until the summer, he is required to check in with the team for check-ups etc...

I am with the majority that says 'resign Ziggy'. His importance to the team is beyond vital to the overall success of the team moving forward.

Old
03-25-2004, 12:23 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goodtimes
So you think?! Ziggy is prepared to play for the Slovaks National team by the end of summer and might not return to the NHL until he gets due money for his skills. DT cannot afford to front Ziggy with a 'take it or leave it' offer. He will clearly stay over-seas and play very productive hockey for his country.

I wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't already left for his home country, but being as he is still on the payroll until the summer, he is required to check in with the team for check-ups etc...

I am with the majority that says 'resign Ziggy'. His importance to the team is beyond vital to the overall success of the team moving forward.
I'm only saying that because at last years trade deadline, Ziggy was beyond upset with the loss of Schneider and Smoke (mostly Schneider). And he had mentioned that he wasn't playing in this league to survive, and that it wasn't about the money. I'm not saying that DT will lowball him, or give him a one time shot. The front office here knows that he brings the fans. If youth movement was our remedy, he'd definitely leave. He also later mentioned (papers) that he would love to finish his career here in LA. It's a no brainer............if they decide to let him go, believe me tons of fans will go with! HE'S IT! (THE *****)

Old
03-30-2004, 01:13 AM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
Correct on everything except Visnovsky. He's bar none our best (all-around)defender, and with the size he lacks, he makes up for on smarts. He will be our PP anchor for a very long time..........and his skills are off the hook!
i feel a need to defent this statement...i love lubo's play...but if you remember in the beginning of the year when ziggy was still playing, lubo was top 5 in D man scoring...maybe the word "useless" was a bit harsh, but once ziggy got injured, lubo's off started going down...he was still bery solid, but when ziggy was still there, lubo was almosta point per gamer

Old
03-30-2004, 02:22 AM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
i feel a need to defent this statement...i love lubo's play...but if you remember in the beginning of the year when ziggy was still playing, lubo was top 5 in D man scoring...maybe the word "useless" was a bit harsh, but once ziggy got injured, lubo's off started going down...he was still bery solid, but when ziggy was still there, lubo was almosta point per gamer
yeah, visnovsky scored more with palffy in the lineup, but he continued to play extremely well after palffy's injury. there were many nights, both before and after when visnovsky was the best player on the ice.

Old
03-30-2004, 11:52 AM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Everybody is ten times better with Ziggy on the ice.....it's obvious.

But two points here:
A.) Lubo is a defenseman and although he was producing points almost every other game, i'm not looking for a point a game player. 50pts are attainable for this guy, no probs........play him with proper support and watch him taunt this league. 60-70% of his points will come on the power play, but this year it's considered the powder play!
B.) He plays with MODRY!...........We all know how disgraceful that guy is! Lubo bails him out 90% of the time, so when he's on the ice for a goal against or anything physical for that matter, his play is magnified.

Closed Thread