HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dogs vs Roadrunners

Closed Thread

Old
03-27-2004, 04:19 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Dogs vs Roadrunners

Damphousse in nets, and it's already ugly. 2-0 so far as Ferland got a 5 min major for high sticking. Brent Robinson makes his debut, #41 for the Dogs.

Edit: Danis is the backup today, so if the score gets out of hand, he may get in.

Last edited by montreal: 03-27-2004 at 04:42 PM.
Old
03-27-2004, 05:04 PM
Aarex

I listened to the Interview with Mark Flood...I have to tell you I like what I am hearing out of this guy. Especially since he is determined to increase his size as he weighs in pretty small for a D

Old
03-27-2004, 06:50 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydified
I listened to the Interview with Mark Flood...I have to tell you I like what I am hearing out of this guy. Especially since he is determined to increase his size as he weighs in pretty small for a D

He is on the small side in terms of size, he's skinny but that can be fixed. I hope the Habs sign him over the summer and let him play in Hamilton next year instead of going back to the Petes.

Dogs lose 3-0, ouch!

Old
03-27-2004, 07:37 PM
habitants9_4

I was at the game, and Robinson looked good.

Old
03-27-2004, 08:46 PM
scoubidoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitants9_4
I was at the game, and Robinson looked good.
Can you give us a little report plz?

Old
03-27-2004, 09:26 PM
ProspectsFans

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Damphousse in nets, and it's already ugly. 2-0 so far as Ferland got a 5 min major for high sticking. Brent Robinson makes his debut, #41 for the Dogs.
Do you know who were his linemates tonight?

Old
03-27-2004, 10:17 PM
ghostly rocket

I was at the Game. sat right behind the Dogs bench. Dogs looked lost all game. Very few chances. Going down 2-0 early didn't help. No offense whatsoever. It may just be another off game but Hainsey shows no emotion and plays the same way.

Cote, Vdarney showed me a little. Robinson's debut was typical of a first pro game. Very tentative. He has good speed but is slight and will need to understand the pro game. Didn't make any mistakes.

Both Gratton and Plecks were pissed almost everytime they came back to the bench. I've been around many benches and teams..I was surprissed at how little communication goes on between the dogs..maybe just a bad game

Missed Danis debut..He was the back up :mad:

Old
03-27-2004, 11:02 PM
penopekoo

I was also at the game.
Seats right near the ice in the corner but the whole game was in the other end! GAAAH

Anyway, Robinson looked really good in the first period. I liked the type of play I saw from him. In the second and third he wasn't as good, but he didn't look out of place. He played better than Ferland, at least. Ferland was invisible.

Also good were Plekanec and Perezhogin, who showed lots of hustle and made things happen. Hossa was invisible. Absolutely invisible. Hainsey looked good, but his shots kept missing the net. Several times he took a big slapshot from the point but just missed! I also thought Cote and Vydareny played solid, smart defensive games.

Damphousse was really bad. And I'm not just saying that because I wanted to see Danis (though I did). He let in three goals, Morrison (the Roadrunners' goalie) let in none. Same number of shots (or thereabouts), though.

Maybe they'll play Danis tomorrow. And Flood.

(FUN NOTE: Danis looks almost EXACTLY like Michaud, except with slightly lighter hair. I'm totally serious, I've seen them both live!)

Old
03-28-2004, 01:23 PM
Duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by penopekoo
I was also at the game.
Seats right near the ice in the corner but the whole game was in the other end! GAAAH

Anyway, Robinson looked really good in the first period. I liked the type of play I saw from him. In the second and third he wasn't as good, but he didn't look out of place. He played better than Ferland, at least. Ferland was invisible.

Also good were Plekanec and Perezhogin, who showed lots of hustle and made things happen. Hossa was invisible. Absolutely invisible. Hainsey looked good, but his shots kept missing the net. Several times he took a big slapshot from the point but just missed! I also thought Cote and Vydareny played solid, smart defensive games.

Damphousse was really bad. And I'm not just saying that because I wanted to see Danis (though I did). He let in three goals, Morrison (the Roadrunners' goalie) let in none. Same number of shots (or thereabouts), though.

Maybe they'll play Danis tomorrow. And Flood.

(FUN NOTE: Danis looks almost EXACTLY like Michaud, except with slightly lighter hair. I'm totally serious, I've seen them both live!)
I'm back out west so I missed last night's game. I'm glad to hear Vydareny is starting to play better defense. It was a problem in Manitoba IMO so he must be listening to DJ. Too bad about Hossa but not surprising. In the last three games I've seen in Hamilton he's been completely invisible. He wants out I think or perhaps he's playing injured? I really miss Balej and wished Hossa would have gone to NY instead. At least Balej provided an effort and was a threat out there.

Closed Thread