HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

David Fischer : "I must work harder"

Old
06-30-2009, 12:43 PM
Cenzo_

vCash: 500
David Fischer : "I must work harder"

Here is a slightly encouraging article about Fischer... in french.

http://www.corussports.com/canadiens...0-1628371.html

Cenzo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:45 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

David fischer = Boxer from animal farm?

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:47 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

vCash: 50
He is still my fav. prospect.

along with Leblanc.

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:48 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
David fischer = Boxer from animal farm?
lol good one.

Good article btw.

Pierre Dagenais is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:49 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

you beat me to it

Quote:
--- (CKAC Sports) - David Fischer did not intend to go to Hamilton or Montreal next year. The great defender of 6 feet 3 inches, the first choice to salvage the Canadian in 2006, will continue his studies at the University of Minnesota. It will get his BA in communications next year.
"I will finish my studies next year. Then I hope to make the leap in the AHL. From what I know the circuit, my current physical I would probably move there this year. But I want to get my degree. Then I signed with the Canadiens and work even harder. "

Unfortunately, Fischer has not developed the way he would have hoped. This year he had a season to forget for many reasons. In 31 games, he has harvested only 2 goals and 11 assists and a total of 16 penalty minutes. In 2007-08 he collected 14 points in 2006-07 and only 5 points.

"This year I had a really bad attitude. I did not head to hockey and I'm not working hard enough. Competing I do not as it should. I suffered a groin injury and the same day I learned that my mother was suffering from liver cancer. It was a difficult period and I had a hard time controlling my emotions. I am disappointed with my statistics. I think I can be better offensively. I really work my slapshot is far from that. For too long I am satisfied to play the game correctly. I have always been the best where I spent I did not realize how much he had to work hard at this point to compete with others. "

Fortunately, Fischer's mother is doing better and his groin injury is healed. Fischer was therefore able to regain his concentration for a few months. He decided to change its attitude and take the butchers doubles.

"This summer I decided to really take control. There is no excuse. I jump on the ice five days a week at 7 am 30. I decided not to go home this summer and instead take summer courses. In addition to my on-ice, I spent several hours in the gym. I took almost 20 pounds in recent weeks. Now I weigh around 210 pounds. I am a very strict regiment, but it's good for me. "

Fischer hopes to put this nightmare season behind him and know his career best season this year.

"I'd be lying if I said that my mother's illness has not affected my game in 2nd half of the season, I was completely depressed and my stats have suffered. Now I want to compete at a higher level. Trevor Timmins told me that I must be a little nasty on the ice and I think he's right. I am sure they will speak next week in Montreal. I think there are several ways to get to the National League. I simply find the one that belongs to me. "

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:49 PM
gusfring

This guy sounds like a bust...

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:50 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Oh the human coffee-stirrer weighs a solid 210 lbs now. Great to hear from fischer. If he adds another 10 i'll be ecstatic.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:51 PM
Cenzo_

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
This guy sounds like a bust...
I agree, just reading "This year I had a really bad attitude. I did not have my head into hockey and I'm not working hard enough. Competing I do not as it should." has bust all over it".

Cenzo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:55 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Translation

Quote:
« Je vais terminer mes études l'an prochain. Ensuite j'espère pouvoir faire le saut dans la Ligue américaine. De ce que je connais du circuit, mon physique actuel me permettrait probablement d'y évoluer dès cette année. Mais je veux obtenir mon diplôme. Ensuite, j'espère signer avec le Canadien et travailler encore plus fort. »
I'll finish my studies next year, and after that I hope to make the jump to the AHL. From what I can see of the league, I'll be physically ready at that time, but I'd like to get my diploma first. After I hope to sign with the Canadiens and work even harder.

Quote:
« Cette année, j'ai vraiment eu la mauvaise attitude. Je n'avais pas la tête au hockey et je ne travaillais pas assez fort. Je ne compétitionnais pas comme il se devait. J'ai subi une blessure à l'aine et le même jour j'ai appris que ma mère était atteinte du cancer du foie. Ce fut une période difficile et j'avais de la difficulté à contrôler mes émotions. Je suis déçu de mes statistiques. Je crois pouvoir être meilleur offensivement. Je dois vraiment travailler mon lancer frappé qui est loin d'être à point. Pendant trop longtemps je me satisfaisais de jouer des matchs corrects. J'ai toujours été le meilleur partout où j'ai passé je n'ai pas réalisé à quel point il fallait travailler fort à ce stade-ci pour rivaliser avec les autres. »
This year I really had a bad attitude. I didn't have my head in the game and I wasn't working hard enough. I wasn't competing like I had to. I hurt my groin and the same day I learned my mom had liver cancer. It was a difficult time and I had a hard time controlling my emotions. I'm disappointed in my stats. I think I can do better offensively. I have to really work on my slapshot because it's far from where it should be. For too long I was content to just have an "OK" game. I was used to being the best wherever I went and I didn't realize how hard I would have to work to stay at everybody else's level.

Quote:
« Cet été j'ai vraiment décidé de me prendre en main. Il n'y a plus d'excuses. Je saute sur la glace cinq jours par semaine à 7 h 30. J'ai décidé de ne pas retourner chez moi cet été et de plutôt suivre des cours d'été. En plus de mon entraînement sur glace, je passe plusieurs heures dans le gymnase. J'ai pris presque 20 livres depuis quelques semaines. Je pèse maintenant dans les alentours de 210 livres. Je suis un régiment très strict, mais c'est bon pour moi.»
This summer I decided to take things into my own hands. There are no more excuses. I was on the ice five days a week at 7:30am. I decided not to go home this summer and instead continue with summer schooling. In addition to my on-ice training I spent many hours in the gym. I put on almost 20 pounds in a few weeks. Now I weigh somewhere around 210 pounds. I'm on a very strict diet, but it's good for me.

Quote:
« Je mentirais si je disais que la maladie de ma mère n'a pas affecté mon jeu. En 2e demie de saison, j'étais complètement déprimé et mes statistiques en ont souffert. Maintenant je veux compétitionner à un plus haut niveau. Trevor Timmins me dit que je dois être un peu plus méchant sur la glace et je crois qu'il a raison. Je suis certain qu'ils vont m'en parler la semaine prochaine à Montréal. Je crois qu'il y a plusieurs chemins pour se rendre à la ligue nationale. Je dois tout simplement trouver celui qui m'appartient. »
I'd be lying if I said my mom's illness didn't affect my play. In the second half of the season I was completely depressed and my stats suffered. Now I want to compete at a higher level. Trevor Timmins told me I have to be meaner on the ice and I think he's right. I'm sure they'll want to talk to me next week in Montreal. I think there are several ways to get to the NHL, and I just have to find my own way.

(edit: beaten but at least it killed some time for me at work )

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:56 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenzo_ View Post
I agree, just reading "This year I had a really bad attitude. I did not have my head into hockey and I'm not working hard enough. Competing I do not as it should." has bust all over it".
Did you read why he didn't have his head in the game? He got hurt and then his mother was diagnosed with liver cancer. Jesus Christ.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:59 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Did you read why he didn't have his head in the game? He got hurt and then his mother was diagnosed with liver cancer. Jesus Christ.
Not to mention he's training and trying to improve himself...but I'll cut a lot slack just because of his mom's cancer. There are things bigger than hockey.

MonacoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 12:59 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Nice 6'3'' 210lbs, finally he's filling out.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 01:00 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Did you read the whole article? His mom's cancer bothered him a lot. As you continue reading you can see that it made him stronger mentally and he knows that he used to be the best everywhere he went and wants to get back to it.

Not a bust yet.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 01:05 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
What? You did see why he didn't had his head to hockey right? His mother got cancer! I know if my mother would have such a disease, I wouldn't be happy and I would not be able to focus on my job.

So far, he's developing slowly. I hope it's only bad luck though...if he's really serious right now and all his efforts are paying off next season, we'll all be happy! If not, well, he's indeed going to be a bust.

I think he's the first real project we've drafted in the past few years. I know I'm not used to that kind of situation. I still believe in the guy though...like I still believe in Chipchura.

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 01:07 PM
Bacchus1

what, was he 185 LBS when we drafter him? The extra 25 LBS will probably do him good, and as another poster said, another 10 (or 5) LBS will go a long way.

I hope he does get meaner, and improve his shot! This year should be interesting in determining his future and worth to the team.

Bacchus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 01:07 PM
Passchendaele

He realized that he must work harder three years after being drafted?

Passchendaele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 01:08 PM
Scotianhab

Very nice article. Great to see him working hard this off-season and putting on some weight/muscle. 6'3 210 is nice size for a defenceman. Hopefully he has a great year.

Scotianhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 01:16 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

i predict him making the ahl and getting creamed.

i think this guy is done like dinner.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 01:19 PM
Peacock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
Unfortunately, Fischer has not developed the way he would have hoped. This year he had a season to forget for many reasons. In 31 games, he has harvested only 2 goals and 11 assists and a total of 16 penalty minutes.
Not the best crop. Drought, no doubt. <3 online translators

Timmins always did mention he'd be a long term project, but jeez.

Peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 01:24 PM
gusfring

That 2006 draft looks terrible right now. Just brutal.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 01:24 PM
TinordiandSubban

I see him knocking on the NHL door when he's 24-25 yrs old. He's behind Subban, Webber and Carle on the depth chart and developing more slowly, but the upside is still there of a big, mobile d-man with above average skills and smarts.

It's not a bad thing to have too much depth and force prospects to spend longer in the minors. Isn't that what the Wings do?

TinordiandSubban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 01:25 PM
Hermamoud

Talk about a string of bad luck. He had to have his tonsils removed in his first season, then his groin injury, then his mother's cancer. Players who are unlucky like this = bust

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 01:25 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
That 2006 draft looks terrible right now. Just brutal.
i still like Maxwell and white

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 01:33 PM
Habs

Way to go Timmins, thanks for another bust.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 01:34 PM
Go Habs Go

Who cares, we have young defensemen coming out of our ears. He can stay in Hamilton and refine his game until he's 26-28.

Good article by the way, I didn't know his mother had liver cancer. I know people who've had liver cancer, very painful. I'm sorry to hear that.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote