HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

GDT: Coyotes @ Oilers - LAST home game!

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2004, 09:34 PM
Cerebral

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by steaua
Help Needed Please!

I will be at the game in Dallas on Wednesday and I would like to bring a big
"WE BELIEVE" poster like everyone has here.

Could you please give me a link for this document so I could go and print it?
Check for the thread about Avatar Voting.. it should be on one of the top 2 pages. It's probably too small to blow up really big though..

Old
03-28-2004, 09:35 PM
TheBrew

vCash: 540
Did anyone see Nedved throw his stick into the crowd after the 3 stars presentation?

Oh Ya Dancing Anson time

Last edited by TheBrew: 03-28-2004 at 09:41 PM.
Old
03-28-2004, 09:35 PM
The Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by steaua
Help Needed Please!

I will be at the game in Dallas on Wednesday and I would like to bring a big
"WE BELIEVE" poster like everyone has here.

Could you please give me a link for this document so I could go and print it?

You would need this picture but in a much higher resolution. If you try to increase the size of this one it becomes unclear. SO: whoever made this avatar, or if you can make a HUGE, CLEAR, .jpeg out of this help steaua!!! Wouldn't you love to see a big

WE BELIEVE

poster on TV?

Old
03-28-2004, 09:38 PM
windowlicker

The big positive, the thing thats almost funny about this team right now, is its ability to score at will. Its almost like "Oh, they scored to tie it up, I guess we have to score now to take the lead."

Old
03-28-2004, 09:51 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
wasn't there an incident when a hockey player threw the stick in the crowd he got fined earlier this year or it mite have been last year

Old
03-28-2004, 09:55 PM
Whitenoise

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabi_sultan
wasn't there an incident when a hockey player threw the stick in the crowd he got fined earlier this year or it mite have been last year
I didn't see it, but it sounds like Nedved tossed his stick to a fan above the walkway or something after coming out for the three stars. Earlier this season, Mats Sundin's stick broke on him during a scoring chance and he hucked the jagged remains into the crowd. Bit of a different situation.

Old
03-28-2004, 09:56 PM
creative giant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabi_sultan
sundin threw his broken stick in the crowd earlier this year, but that was out of frustration. nedved did it as a celebration

Old
03-28-2004, 09:57 PM
dem

Man.. wouldnt it be great if we could keep Nedved for another season??

I know he wasnt doing anything in ny... and hes a bit of a floater... but damn he looks good as an Oiler.

Old
03-28-2004, 10:03 PM
Oilhitch

Great game great finish

Now to St. Louis - The biggest game of the year

I Believe!!!

Old
03-28-2004, 10:04 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
thats ok then about the stick, could be a sign that he's enjoying it here.

I think if we make the playoffs he will defenitely sign here (no not due to monetary reasons)

btw
100 (59 members & 41 guests)

Old
03-28-2004, 10:05 PM
Tricolore#20

Forza Nedved!!!! Forza Juve!!!!

Ooooops wrong sport... Thats what all the Juventus fans chant after wins orchestrated by the Czech Cannon Pavel Nedved. Oiler fans should do the same. Petr Nedved is awesome!

Old
03-28-2004, 10:07 PM
Oilers Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20
Forza Nedved!!!! Forza Juve!!!!

Ooooops wrong sport... Thats what all the Juventus fans chant after wins orchestrated by the Czech Cannon Pavel Nedved. Oiler fans should do the same. Petr Nedved is awesome!
Well it was our last home game, so now we hold our breath and see what happens.

I think the players got the message after the "WE WANT PLAYOFFS!" chants though.

Old
03-28-2004, 10:15 PM
SerbianEagle

Personally I enjoyed the "Comrie Sucks" chants just a tiny touch more.

Not sure why!? :p

BTW Nedved, Bergeron

Old
03-28-2004, 10:20 PM
Matts

My two favorite Nedved plays tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
Agreed.. Dvorak has had a number of chances in the past month that he's passed up on in an attempt to find Nedved. Sometimes the best play is to blast a low shot and hope for a rebound..
one was where he made a low shot on net just to try and get the rebound out the other side, ala like the Bergy goal last week. Another was where he had a guy on him and snapped a shot boom and had basically no time. Guerin when he was here wasn't as talented back then as Nedved is currently.

Also liked him creaming Cleary too.

Can you believe we were 56 seconds away from an 8 game winning streak?

Old
03-28-2004, 10:25 PM
Rooks Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts
one was where he made a low shot on net just to try and get the rebound out the other side, ala like the Bergy goal last week. Another was where he had a guy on him and snapped a shot boom and had basically no time. Guerin when he was here wasn't as talented back then as Nedved is currently.

Also liked him creaming Cleary too.

Can you believe we were 56 seconds away from an 8 game winning streak?
I BELIEVE IT! LETS GO OILERS!!

Old
03-28-2004, 10:28 PM
Oilers Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerbianEagle
Personally I enjoyed the "Comrie Sucks" chants just a tiny touch more.
Ya but WE WANT PLAYOFFS almost bought a tear to my eye...*sniff*

Makes me proud to be a fan of this team!

Old
03-28-2004, 10:37 PM
KlingonHockey

Bergeron's skating through the neutral zone was so awesome on that Nedved goal. I've noticed he bring the puck into the offensive zone by himself a lot, which is a nice change from that dump and chase thing the Oilers usually do.

Old
03-28-2004, 10:42 PM
creative giant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seperatory Funnel
Bergeron's skating through the neutral zone was so awesome on that Nedved goal. I've noticed he bring the puck into the offensive zone by himself a lot, which is a nice change from that dump and chase thing the Oilers usually do.
he was absolutely smoking....he took like three or four strides and he was just cranking it down there. He almost had to slow down to make sure nedved knew he was going to give him the puck he was going so fast. You could tell that he was angry with himself after missing that chance in the slot in the second, because after that he was hammering shots from everywhere like a man on a mission.

well bergie, mission completed

Old
03-28-2004, 11:20 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative giant
he was absolutely smoking....he took like three or four strides and he was just cranking it down there. He almost had to slow down to make sure nedved knew he was going to give him the puck he was going so fast. You could tell that he was angry with himself after missing that chance in the slot in the second, because after that he was hammering shots from everywhere like a man on a mission.

well bergie, mission completed
I was really impressed by that rush.. he just plain took off and blew by everyone. Was it just me or was Bergeron shooting the puck a lot harder today than he usually does?

Old
03-28-2004, 11:22 PM
zamboni

If the Oil win the remaining 3 games, it's not good enough if the Preds win the rest of theirs, too. That's what makes me nervous. No matter how hot this team is, Nashville needs to achieve atleast 1 less point for the Oilers to make it in. Damn this race is close, but Im enjoying every minute of it. As g2k would say:

CLEAR THE TRACK!!!

Old
03-28-2004, 11:26 PM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboni
If the Oil win the remaining 3 games, it's not good enough if the Preds win the rest of theirs, too. That's what makes me nervous. No matter how hot this team is, Nashville needs to achieve atleast 1 less point for the Oilers to make it in. Damn this race is close, but Im enjoying every minute of it. As g2k would say:

CLEAR THE TRACK!!!
Unless the Blues vs. Preds matchup ends up in an OT win for one of the teams, EITHER a Nashville win or a St. Louis win will mean that ONE of those two teams will fall back. Meaning even if the Preds win all their games, it is possible for the Oilers to catch St. Louis instead.

Old
03-28-2004, 11:27 PM
IceDragoon

Quote:
If the Oil and Preds win out, that means that St Loo would lose 2 and be out of the POs.

Quote:

CLEAR THE TRACK!!!

I swear, everytime I see this, I think "Here comes Shack".

Way to go boys.
Now we need you to be road warriors.

Old
03-28-2004, 11:59 PM
Joanie

Way to go OILERS

that was a terrific win...keep going.

WE WANT THE PLAYOFFS

Old
03-29-2004, 12:29 AM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nucks2001
this is a pretty quiet GDT for the oiler board.. I s'pose you guys are all way too nervous heh?
Had to go to the bar to watch.

Old
03-29-2004, 12:42 AM
Cerebral

Quote:
If the Oil win the remaining 3 games, it's not good enough if the Preds win the rest of theirs, too. That's what makes me nervous. No matter how hot this team is, Nashville needs to achieve atleast 1 less point for the Oilers to make it in. Damn this race is close, but Im enjoying every minute of it.
I'm almost 100% sure that if the Oilers win out they'll make the playoffs.. a lot of people are forgetting that Nashville still plays St. Louis one more time this season. Both teams can't get 2 points (worst case scenario is 2 points for one team and 1 point for the other) and thus 3 more wins for the Oilers secures a playoff spot. I'm going to go out on a limb here and make the claim that Chicago will beat Nashville in one of the two games they play.. they looked pretty good today with Munro in net and simply got killed by St. Louis' powerplay. I truly think Thibault is going to backstop them to one win out of the two games..

Closed Thread