Notices

Gameday: Ducks @ Wild - 2004-04-28

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2004, 08:56 AM
ceber

vCash: 500
Gameday: Ducks @ Wild - 2004-04-28

Today's game will be the fourth and final meeting with the Ducks this season. We haven't won yet, and we've been outscored 9-2 through three games. Kuba is done for the season, but a defensemen may not be called up, and nobody will be for today's game. They had Burns spend some practice time on defense, but it doesn't sound like he's definitely going to play D. We've been playing better at times. Tomorrow night we're in Detroit, so if we want a win, today's the day for it, I'd say. Wild 3 Ducks 3.

Old
03-28-2004, 11:15 AM
Kristofer

1-0 Ducks win.
ZzzZzz.

Old
03-28-2004, 12:02 PM
DW

Anaheim needs to show up and take this game from the Wild. We're 1 point ahead of them in the standings. No sense in winning this time of the season.

3-2 Ducks

Old
03-28-2004, 07:56 PM
GaborikRules10!!!

What did everyone think of Burns on defense??? he seemed to do alright and JL said he exceeded expectations for 1 game and that he expects Burns to play defense again tomorrow against the Wings.

On the other hand, Not many players can make that move that Gabby scored on there

Old
03-28-2004, 08:19 PM
Wild Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaborikRules10!!!
What did everyone think of Burns on defense???
I thought he looked alright, got almost 14 minutes ice time...might have played less at forward.

What is this really? Heid or Reitz too important to the Aeros!?!? We couldn't find anyone else(waiver wire, FA, NCAA FA)?

I guess it doesn't matter, but it would've been nice to see someone get their cup of coffee...

Talk about mailing it in...

Old
03-28-2004, 08:34 PM
theo6060

Hmmm, perhaps they're thinking of converting Burns back into a defenseman.

Old
03-28-2004, 09:23 PM
chaachie12

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo6060
Hmmm, perhaps they're thinking of converting Burns back into a defenseman.
it would kind of bother me if they switched him to D. Obviously they know more about it then me, but he was hardly a prospect as a defenseman. He was supposed to be this fast rising power forward prospect and 25 games into his career its position change time? I sure hope not!

On another note, I thought PM Bouchard played pretty well today. Seemed like he was a little stronger on teh puck, and set up a couple nice chances. I go back and forth on PM, but then I see his vision, and his passing skills and it is tough to be down on him. I hope he puts on a bout 10-15 pounds this offseason though, he needs to be stronger to perform every game.

Old
03-28-2004, 09:45 PM
ceber

I think Bouchard will be great if he gets a little more leg strength and a couple of guys to really work with. Or if he adjusts his style a bit to fit the guys he's got. He can make some great moves, that's for sure.

I thought Burns was fine on D, but I'd rather see him working at being fine on wing.

Gabby's move was a beaut, for sure. I would guess he won't get away with that one too often, but it definitely was nice to see.

How 'bout Veilleux getting absolutely rocked?! Oofda that looked like a mean one. Nice to see him pop back up afterwards though. He even returned the favor late in the game.

Old
03-29-2004, 11:07 AM
aylib
User and abuser

Send a message via Yahoo to aylib
I missed the Ducks game, who was it that rocked Veilleux?

Old
03-29-2004, 11:19 AM
ceber

Quote:
Originally Posted by aylib
I missed the Ducks game, who was it that rocked Veilleux?
Skoula, I think. Hard, hard clean hit. Got a big "oohhh" from the crowd. Veilleux shook it right off though, and did manage to bang Skoula pretty decently into the end boards later on. Nothing like he received, but he showed some moxie.

Closed Thread