HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sign Suter

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-28-2004, 11:37 AM
  #1
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 24,207
vCash: 500
Sign Suter

Now that the Wisconsin Badgers have lost to the Maine Blackbears; DO IT POILE!

Joe T Choker is offline  
Old
03-28-2004, 05:05 PM
  #2
hillbilly
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 1,591
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
why?

hillbilly is offline  
Old
03-28-2004, 06:16 PM
  #3
lstcyr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,978
vCash: 500
I guess so we can have a rookie defenseman who's never played pro come and play on the Preds for the playoffs????

lstcyr is offline  
Old
03-28-2004, 08:05 PM
  #4
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Basher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Murray KY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,051
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
preds? playoffs? bwahahaha!

Basher is offline  
Old
03-28-2004, 09:08 PM
  #5
SmokeyClause
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Country: Cuba
Posts: 9,999
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr
I guess so we can have a rookie defenseman who's never played pro come and play on the Preds for the playoffs????
Geez guys, we could sign him and send him to Milwaukee.

SmokeyClause is offline  
Old
03-28-2004, 09:29 PM
  #6
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Geez guys, we could sign him and send him to Milwaukee.

i don't think he'd want that, and i don't think it's really in his best interest.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
03-28-2004, 10:09 PM
  #7
SmokeyClause
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Country: Cuba
Posts: 9,999
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
i don't think he'd want that, and i don't think it's really in his best interest.

Agreed, I'd rather him stay. But it is a conceivable plan (as opposed to him playing for us this year).

SmokeyClause is offline  
Old
03-28-2004, 10:11 PM
  #8
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Agreed, I'd rather him stay. But it is a conceivable plan (as opposed to him playing for us this year).
isn't he too young to play in the AHL, though?

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
03-28-2004, 10:18 PM
  #9
SmokeyClause
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Country: Cuba
Posts: 9,999
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
isn't he too young to play in the AHL, though?
I think that only applies to CHL players (to keep star players in the juniors).

SmokeyClause is offline  
Old
03-28-2004, 11:32 PM
  #10
RWS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Nashville
Posts: 145
vCash: 500
Don't sign him... keep the option of going back for another year open and see what he does in camp. The Ads are doing find, and he's certainly not the answer to our problems this year.

RWS is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 12:50 AM
  #11
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWS
Don't sign him... keep the option of going back for another year open and see what he does in camp. The Ads are doing find, and he's certainly not the answer to our problems this year.

exactly. there's no reason to sign him just because we can.

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 03:46 AM
  #12
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Oilers Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Philly in April 2014
Country: United States
Posts: 5,963
vCash: 500
I think it would be beneficial in the long run to both the Preds and Suter, if he stayed at UW for at least another season. I mean, why the rush? Why not let him continue his development at Wisconsin and if see if his development as progressed enough to warrant taking a real good look at him this time NEXT year.

I've seen Suter alot this season. And while I absolutely love this kid, I also think that he's hasn't really hit his stride yet. He has so much potential that its sickening, but as good as he is now, he could (and my guess is WILL) be better with another year at Wisconsin under his belt.

Just my two cents.

Oilers Chick is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 03:48 AM
  #13
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick
I think it would be beneficial in the long run to both the Preds and Suter, if he stayed at UW for at least another season. I mean, why the rush? Why not let him continue his development at Wisconsin and if see if his development as progressed enough to warrant taking a real good look at him this time NEXT year.

I've seen Suter alot this season. And while I absolutely love this kid, I also think that he's hasn't really hit his stride yet. He has so much potential that its sickening, but as good as he is now, he could (and my guess is WILL) be better with another year at Wisconsin under his belt.

Just my two cents.

we've been discussing it since he was drafted, and that's pretty much the common sentiment around here. i wouldn't be surprised if he got another TWO full seasons at UW, but if it gets to the point that he's simply not going to get better playing at that level...then i wouldn't be surprised to see something happen. as of right now, he still has developing to do...so...let him.

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 02:35 PM
  #14
Pattypred
Registered User
 
Pattypred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 767
vCash: 500
I saw Ryan at the seniors game on March 6th. I watched Ryan and was really surprised with his skill level. He was skating effortlessly and looked like a senior instead of a freshman. I told a friend of mine that Ryan reminded me of a Rob Blake Junior. He has this lovely little nasty streak.

I'd like to see Ryan stay in school at least one more year. In a few years, I get giddy when I think of having Ryan and Hamhuis on the ice together.


Pattypred is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 04:22 PM
  #15
crossxcheck
Registered User
 
crossxcheck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashvegas
Country: United States
Posts: 2,762
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattypred
I saw Ryan at the seniors game on March 6th. I watched Ryan and was really surprised with his skill level. He was skating effortlessly and looked like a senior instead of a freshman. I told a friend of mine that Ryan reminded me of a Rob Blake Junior. He has this lovely little nasty streak.

I'd like to see Ryan stay in school at least one more year. In a few years, I get giddy when I think of having Ryan and Hamhuis on the ice together.

crap with hamhuis, suter, klein, zidlicky, and timonen all in the lineup we'll have a killer D-unit in a few years.

crossxcheck is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 05:39 PM
  #16
RWS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Nashville
Posts: 145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck
crap with hamhuis, suter, klein, zidlicky, and timonen all in the lineup we'll have a killer D-unit in a few years.
What do people think about moving Zidlicky to a wing position when some of our D prospects are ready to move in?

Hammer, Kimmo, Suter, Eaton, and Hutch all seem like no brainers to go ahead and pencil in for the next year or two at least. Throw in a player like Klein, Stehlik, Mukhachev, or possibly a Safronov/Sulzer stepping up and we've got a nice crop to pick our D core from.

We don't really have much depth when it comes to wings with a lot of finesse coming up, and if we can find a way to keep our PP tandem of Kimmo/Zid *and* strengthen our D, its worth a look.

RWS is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 06:25 PM
  #17
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 24,207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWS
What do people think about moving Zidlicky to a wing position when some of our D prospects are ready to move in?

Hammer, Kimmo, Suter, Eaton, and Hutch all seem like no brainers to go ahead and pencil in for the next year or two at least. Throw in a player like Klein, Stehlik, Mukhachev, or possibly a Safronov/Sulzer stepping up and we've got a nice crop to pick our D core from.

We don't really have much depth when it comes to wings with a lot of finesse coming up, and if we can find a way to keep our PP tandem of Kimmo/Zid *and* strengthen our D, its worth a look.
I'm down with the idea of moving Zids to Forward.

Joe T Choker is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 08:37 PM
  #18
crossxcheck
Registered User
 
crossxcheck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashvegas
Country: United States
Posts: 2,762
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
I'm down with the idea of moving Zids to Forward.
I was toying with this idea today, but I'm still not sure.

How the heck did I forget eaton for the future of our d-men?

crossxcheck is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.