HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sign Suter

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2004, 11:37 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
Sign Suter

Now that the Wisconsin Badgers have lost to the Maine Blackbears; DO IT POILE!

Old
03-28-2004, 05:05 PM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
why?

Old
03-28-2004, 06:16 PM
lstcyr

I guess so we can have a rookie defenseman who's never played pro come and play on the Preds for the playoffs????

Old
03-28-2004, 08:05 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
preds? playoffs? bwahahaha!

Old
03-28-2004, 09:08 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr
I guess so we can have a rookie defenseman who's never played pro come and play on the Preds for the playoffs????
Geez guys, we could sign him and send him to Milwaukee.

Old
03-28-2004, 09:29 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Geez guys, we could sign him and send him to Milwaukee.

i don't think he'd want that, and i don't think it's really in his best interest.

Old
03-28-2004, 10:09 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
i don't think he'd want that, and i don't think it's really in his best interest.

Agreed, I'd rather him stay. But it is a conceivable plan (as opposed to him playing for us this year).

Old
03-28-2004, 10:11 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Agreed, I'd rather him stay. But it is a conceivable plan (as opposed to him playing for us this year).
isn't he too young to play in the AHL, though?

Old
03-28-2004, 10:18 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
isn't he too young to play in the AHL, though?
I think that only applies to CHL players (to keep star players in the juniors).

Old
03-28-2004, 11:32 PM
RWS

Don't sign him... keep the option of going back for another year open and see what he does in camp. The Ads are doing find, and he's certainly not the answer to our problems this year.

Old
03-29-2004, 12:50 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWS
Don't sign him... keep the option of going back for another year open and see what he does in camp. The Ads are doing find, and he's certainly not the answer to our problems this year.

exactly. there's no reason to sign him just because we can.

Old
03-29-2004, 03:46 AM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

I think it would be beneficial in the long run to both the Preds and Suter, if he stayed at UW for at least another season. I mean, why the rush? Why not let him continue his development at Wisconsin and if see if his development as progressed enough to warrant taking a real good look at him this time NEXT year.

I've seen Suter alot this season. And while I absolutely love this kid, I also think that he's hasn't really hit his stride yet. He has so much potential that its sickening, but as good as he is now, he could (and my guess is WILL) be better with another year at Wisconsin under his belt.

Just my two cents.

Old
03-29-2004, 03:48 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick
I think it would be beneficial in the long run to both the Preds and Suter, if he stayed at UW for at least another season. I mean, why the rush? Why not let him continue his development at Wisconsin and if see if his development as progressed enough to warrant taking a real good look at him this time NEXT year.

I've seen Suter alot this season. And while I absolutely love this kid, I also think that he's hasn't really hit his stride yet. He has so much potential that its sickening, but as good as he is now, he could (and my guess is WILL) be better with another year at Wisconsin under his belt.

Just my two cents.

we've been discussing it since he was drafted, and that's pretty much the common sentiment around here. i wouldn't be surprised if he got another TWO full seasons at UW, but if it gets to the point that he's simply not going to get better playing at that level...then i wouldn't be surprised to see something happen. as of right now, he still has developing to do...so...let him.

Old
03-29-2004, 02:35 PM
Pattypred

I saw Ryan at the seniors game on March 6th. I watched Ryan and was really surprised with his skill level. He was skating effortlessly and looked like a senior instead of a freshman. I told a friend of mine that Ryan reminded me of a Rob Blake Junior. He has this lovely little nasty streak.

I'd like to see Ryan stay in school at least one more year. In a few years, I get giddy when I think of having Ryan and Hamhuis on the ice together.

Old
03-29-2004, 04:22 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattypred
I saw Ryan at the seniors game on March 6th. I watched Ryan and was really surprised with his skill level. He was skating effortlessly and looked like a senior instead of a freshman. I told a friend of mine that Ryan reminded me of a Rob Blake Junior. He has this lovely little nasty streak.

I'd like to see Ryan stay in school at least one more year. In a few years, I get giddy when I think of having Ryan and Hamhuis on the ice together.

crap with hamhuis, suter, klein, zidlicky, and timonen all in the lineup we'll have a killer D-unit in a few years.

Old
03-29-2004, 05:39 PM
RWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck
crap with hamhuis, suter, klein, zidlicky, and timonen all in the lineup we'll have a killer D-unit in a few years.
What do people think about moving Zidlicky to a wing position when some of our D prospects are ready to move in?

Hammer, Kimmo, Suter, Eaton, and Hutch all seem like no brainers to go ahead and pencil in for the next year or two at least. Throw in a player like Klein, Stehlik, Mukhachev, or possibly a Safronov/Sulzer stepping up and we've got a nice crop to pick our D core from.

We don't really have much depth when it comes to wings with a lot of finesse coming up, and if we can find a way to keep our PP tandem of Kimmo/Zid *and* strengthen our D, its worth a look.

Old
03-29-2004, 06:25 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWS
What do people think about moving Zidlicky to a wing position when some of our D prospects are ready to move in?

Hammer, Kimmo, Suter, Eaton, and Hutch all seem like no brainers to go ahead and pencil in for the next year or two at least. Throw in a player like Klein, Stehlik, Mukhachev, or possibly a Safronov/Sulzer stepping up and we've got a nice crop to pick our D core from.

We don't really have much depth when it comes to wings with a lot of finesse coming up, and if we can find a way to keep our PP tandem of Kimmo/Zid *and* strengthen our D, its worth a look.
I'm down with the idea of moving Zids to Forward.

Old
03-29-2004, 08:37 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
I'm down with the idea of moving Zids to Forward.
I was toying with this idea today, but I'm still not sure.

How the heck did I forget eaton for the future of our d-men?

Closed Thread