HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Golden Bears and Bronze?

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2004, 12:00 PM
radiohouse

vCash: 500
Golden Bears and Bronze?

Midway through the third period Alberta trails Dalhousie 2-1. I'll keep posted as the score rolls into me.

Old
03-28-2004, 12:08 PM
Brynster

hmmmmmm

I hope the boys are sober enough this morning to at least grab a bronze. They've had a great year, but just can't find the formula at the Nationals. Maybe next year when it's HERE!

Daumer and the Bears... thanks for a fun year.

Old
03-28-2004, 01:07 PM
radiohouse

We got a final

Bears lose 4-1 to Dalhousie University Tigers in CIS bronze medal game.

Old
03-28-2004, 01:33 PM
t0mf00lery

I have a question for all the Westerners:

Is university hockey not that good out there? I can't understand how U of A is so dominant out there back when they come back east here they can't seem to win at all.

Old
03-28-2004, 04:32 PM
Brynster

It's great hockey out here... it's the national format that sucks.

:mad:

It's not that the hockey is bad out here (The Bears did beat every Eastern opponent they played this year until Saturday) but the format simply sucks. Look at the success of the Number ONE ranked teams at this event over the past 5-7 years? Brutal. The team with the bullseye would probably easily win in a best of three... but to have a format like that is totally laughable. Host teams should also be eliminated... I don't care if that's the only way they can sell tickets. It's just not fair to the other teams that had to work their bags off to get there in a legitimate fashion.

But that's the way it is in the CIS.

Old
03-28-2004, 07:48 PM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

I actually don't have a problem with the current format. People need to remember that these are university athletes, and that it isn't feasible, in terms of time, to play a best of three series or whatever other combination we could think up (Memorial Cup style format probably wouldnt work either, considering the time of the year, and the kind of pressures students are facing). This is the reality of all university sports, and the players are well aware of this going in.

I am disappointed like everyone else, but I don't think it's fair to call it laughable. That's why the NCAA tournaments are so appealing, one game elimination, you need to bring your best.

Closed Thread