HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumor: Ducks trying hard to sign Beauchemin

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-01-2009, 02:36 PM
  #26
paine
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orange County, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 190Octane View Post
I disagree... Beauchemin without Niedermayer < Whitney

Who knows why Hiller wouldn't re-sign. Bouwmeester didn't want to re-sign with Florida, Hiller came here to work with Allaire and Allaire is in Toronto.
Whitney looked horrible against Detroit. Beauchemin looked rusty at times, but still looked like he was worth 4 mil +. There is a reason why Whitney became the 5th defenseman when Beauchemin came back (after a few games). IMO, if we can't afford Beauchemin because of Whitney/Wiz, we should sign Beauchemin and trade Whitney.

Why would JBOW stay in Florida? He wants to win...

Anaheim has a great young core and Hiller is apart of that.

paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 02:41 PM
  #27
190Octane
Registered User
 
190Octane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Fullerton, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
Whitney looked horrible against Detroit. Beauchemin looked rusty at times, but still looked like he was worth 4 mil +. There is a reason why Whitney became the 5th defenseman when Beauchemin came back (after a few games). IMO, if we can't afford Beauchemin because of Whitney/Wiz, we should sign Beauchemin and trade Whitney.

Why would JBOW stay in Florida? He wants to win...

Anaheim has a great young core and Hiller is apart of that.
Whitney was the 5th defenseman yet he played the most minutes behind Pronger and Niedermayer, riiiiiiiight.

By the way... Ryan Whitney, 1 goal, 6 points in the playoffs, Beauchemin 1 g 1 point in the playoffs.

As for Hiller, if he was willing to sign a contract now I would consider trading Giguere, if not ship Hiller out and get better value back.

I think it's hilarious how many people gave up on Giguere after '04 and then gave up on him again in '06. What makes Hiller better than Gerber was in '04?

190Octane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 02:42 PM
  #28
caliamad
Registered User
 
caliamad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,184
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 190Octane View Post
I disagree... Beauchemin without Niedermayer < Whitney
I agree, its better to let him walk, unless he accepts 3 million / year. No way we trade Whitney away, we gave up a lot for him.

There is going to be a good defenseman out there when the dust settles who can play top 4 minutes, accept a short contract, and sign for enough money to address the 2nd line. I just want to see us address that 2nd line center sooner than later.

We've got about 45 million committed in salary keeping Jiggy. There is plenty of room to sign an affordable 2nd line Center + decent top 4 D guy.

caliamad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 02:43 PM
  #29
Professor John Frink
Registered User
 
Professor John Frink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 2,802
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Professor John Frink
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
We still could save 3m+.

Niedermayer is off the books next year. This allows rooms for Ryan and Hiller.

Koivu will seek 3m+. (Hopefully a 1 year deal).

Wiz should get 2.5.
I understand the math of it. What you fail to understand is what comes with trading away Giguere. You make it sound as if it is the easiest thing in the world to do. On top of that you assume that Murray actually wants to trade Giguere or that Giguere will waive his NTC.

Professor John Frink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 02:47 PM
  #30
190Octane
Registered User
 
190Octane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Fullerton, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor John Frink View Post
I understand the math of it. What you fail to understand is what comes with trading away Giguere. You make it sound as if it is the easiest thing in the world to do. On top of that you assume that Murray actually wants to trade Giguere or that Giguere will waive his NTC.
Considering that Giguere took less money for that NTC and everything he has done for the franchise, I think asking him to waive his NTC would be pretty classless of the organization.

190Octane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 02:47 PM
  #31
Professor John Frink
Registered User
 
Professor John Frink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 2,802
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Professor John Frink
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
Whitney looked horrible against Detroit. Beauchemin looked rusty at times, but still looked like he was worth 4 mil +. There is a reason why Whitney became the 5th defenseman when Beauchemin came back (after a few games). IMO, if we can't afford Beauchemin because of Whitney/Wiz, we should sign Beauchemin and trade Whitney.

Why would JBOW stay in Florida? He wants to win...

Anaheim has a great young core and Hiller is apart of that.
Why the love for Beauchemin? I just don't get it. His numbers have declined each of the years he has been with the Ducks. 34 points, 28 points, 21 points. Been injured all but one season and is a turnover machine. He isn't worth 3 million let alone 4. I'd rather sign two guys at 2 million than 1 Beauchemin at 4.

On top of this, you are basing everything Whitney has done off 30 or so games?

Professor John Frink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 02:52 PM
  #32
paine
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orange County, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 190Octane View Post
Considering that Giguere took less money for that NTC and everything he has done for the franchise, I think asking him to waive his NTC would be pretty classless of the organization.
He doesn't want to be a backup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor John Frink View Post
I understand the math of it. What you fail to understand is what comes with trading away Giguere. You make it sound as if it is the easiest thing in the world to do. On top of that you assume that Murray actually wants to trade Giguere or that Giguere will waive his NTC.
I'm not saying its easy, but I'm positive it could happen. Also, Giguere does not want to be a backup. Both Murray and Giguere have hinted at that. Also, ESPN reported Giguere gave a list of teams he would accept a trade to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliamad View Post
I agree, its better to let him walk, unless he accepts 3 million / year. No way we trade Whitney away, we gave up a lot for him.

There is going to be a good defenseman out there when the dust settles who can play top 4 minutes, accept a short contract, and sign for enough money to address the 2nd line. I just want to see us address that 2nd line center sooner than later.

We've got about 45 million committed in salary keeping Jiggy. There is plenty of room to sign an affordable 2nd line Center + decent top 4 D guy.
The best case scenario would be to sign Beauchemin and keep Whitney. And yes, its doable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 190Octane View Post
Whitney was the 5th defenseman yet he played the most minutes behind Pronger and Niedermayer, riiiiiiiight.

By the way... Ryan Whitney, 1 goal, 6 points in the playoffs, Beauchemin 1 g 1 point in the playoffs.

As for Hiller, if he was willing to sign a contract now I would consider trading Giguere, if not ship Hiller out and get better value back.

I think it's hilarious how many people gave up on Giguere after '04 and then gave up on him again in '06. What makes Hiller better than Gerber was in '04?
Beauchemin plays D, Whitney doesn't. However, I would prefer to keep both of them.

paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 02:56 PM
  #33
paine
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orange County, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor John Frink View Post
Why the love for Beauchemin? I just don't get it. His numbers have declined each of the years he has been with the Ducks. 34 points, 28 points, 21 points. Been injured all but one season and is a turnover machine. He isn't worth 3 million let alone 4. I'd rather sign two guys at 2 million than 1 Beauchemin at 4.

On top of this, you are basing everything Whitney has done off 30 or so games?
Ever since he turned the Calgary series around, I have liked Beauchemin. (I liked him before, but the Calgary series really took it to the next level). Also, I feel like everyone assums Beauchemin's success was because he played with Niedermayer... I disagree. He came back very strong after being injured for almost the entire year. On top of that, Niedermayer will be gone next season--I don't like the idea of having Whitney as your #1.

paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 02:56 PM
  #34
190Octane
Registered User
 
190Octane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Fullerton, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
He doesn't want to be a backup.



I'm not saying its easy, but I'm positive it could happen. Also, Giguere does not want to be a backup. Both Murray and Giguere have hinted at that. Also, ESPN reported Giguere gave a list of teams he would accept a trade to.



The best case scenario would be to sign Beauchemin and keep Whitney. And yes, its doable.



Beauchemin plays D, Whitney doesn't. However, I would prefer to keep both of them.
Hiller is not guaranteed the starting position, they said it will be settled in camp. If history is guide, Giguere is going to come out and earn his contract.

Beauchemin plays d but how many times have you seen Niedermayer back on a 2-1 because Beauchemin pinched wildly and got burned?

Beauchemin at 4 million is not good value, even if the team had the room I wouldn't want them to pay any more than 3-3.5 cap hit.

190Octane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 02:58 PM
  #35
Dirk316
Registered User
 
Dirk316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, Ca
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 5,209
vCash: 500
Too bad Murray watches the Sabres sign Montador who basically brings the same things as Beauchemin does at 1/3rd the price

Dirk316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 03:00 PM
  #36
190Octane
Registered User
 
190Octane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Fullerton, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk316 View Post
Too bad Murray watches the Sabres sign Montador who basically brings the same things as Beauchemin does at 1/3rd the price
Dirk, I know you love fighters but Montador blows and he's not even a good fighter. I don't know why you have such a hard on for him.

190Octane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 03:17 PM
  #37
caliamad
Registered User
 
caliamad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,184
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 190Octane View Post
Dirk, I know you love fighters but Montador blows and he's not even a good fighter. I don't know why you have such a hard on for him.
I think they did us a favor by signing him.

caliamad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 03:20 PM
  #38
190Octane
Registered User
 
190Octane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Fullerton, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliamad View Post
I think they did us a favor by signing him.
I'd rather they get Leopold if they can get him for 2.5-3m than Beauchemin at 4-4.5m.

190Octane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 03:23 PM
  #39
Spankatola Jamnuts*
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: ...sucka?
Country: United States
Posts: 10,982
vCash: 500
There's enough puck-movers now. I think the defense core could use a little reliable stay at home nutsack. I don't really know if one's out there. I'm in favor of bringing in Andy Wozniewski from Florida just to pair him up with Wisniewski.

I'd also feel a hell of a lot better with our bottom 6 if guys like Laperriere or Neil were in there. Our lower tier guys are really unimpressive or have horrible weaknesses. We have no real exceptional role players.

Spankatola Jamnuts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 03:24 PM
  #40
Professor John Frink
Registered User
 
Professor John Frink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 2,802
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Professor John Frink
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
Ever since he turned the Calgary series around, I have liked Beauchemin. (I liked him before, but the Calgary series really took it to the next level). Also, I feel like everyone assums Beauchemin's success was because he played with Niedermayer... I disagree. He came back very strong after being injured for almost the entire year. On top of that, Niedermayer will be gone next season--I don't like the idea of having Whitney as your #1.
Thats all well and good. But you fail to respond to the fact his point totals have declined every year. He is injured every year.

I think playing with Scott helps anyone. But I am with you in that a players success isn't all based on who they play with.

That being said, I still don't think Beauchemin has any value for this franchise if you have to pay hom upwards or 4 million. He just isn't worth that much.

Professor John Frink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 03:25 PM
  #41
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Right Behind Me!
Posts: 10,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spankatola Jamnuts View Post
TSN says Beauch is asking for 4 yrs at 4.5M per year. From Montreal.
Nobody should even consider paying him over $3-3.5m, max. He is insane for asking that much in this economy.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 03:31 PM
  #42
190Octane
Registered User
 
190Octane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Fullerton, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spankatola Jamnuts View Post
There's enough puck-movers now. I think the defense core could use a little reliable stay at home nutsack. I don't really know if one's out there. I'm in favor of bringing in Andy Wozniewski from Florida just to pair him up with Wisniewski.

I'd also feel a hell of a lot better with our bottom 6 if guys like Laperriere or Neil were in there. Our lower tier guys are really unimpressive or have horrible weaknesses. We have no real exceptional role players.
Leopold would make a good 3rd pairing with Brookbank. Assuming Mitera or Sbisa plays with Whitney and Wiz plays with Nieds.

190Octane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 03:33 PM
  #43
Dirk316
Registered User
 
Dirk316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, Ca
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 5,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 190Octane View Post
Dirk, I know you love fighters but Montador blows and he's not even a good fighter. I don't know why you have such a hard on for him.
I know and thats not why i wanted the Ducks to sign him its because he was solid on both both ends and outplayed every Duck D-man last season with the exception of the big 2 Neids/Pronger, helped on the PP and PK and did a little of everything. I dont understand why some people did not respect what he brought

Dirk316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 03:34 PM
  #44
Dirk316
Registered User
 
Dirk316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, Ca
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 5,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spankatola Jamnuts View Post
There's enough puck-movers now. I think the defense core could use a little reliable stay at home nutsack. I don't really know if one's out there. I'm in favor of bringing in Andy Wozniewski from Florida just to pair him up with Wisniewski.

I'd also feel a hell of a lot better with our bottom 6 if guys like Laperriere or Neil were in there. Our lower tier guys are really unimpressive or have horrible weaknesses. We have no real exceptional role players.


yes im actually in 100% agreement with you

Dirk316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 03:35 PM
  #45
iLau
Always Mighty
 
iLau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 190Octane View Post
Leopold would make a good 3rd pairing with Brookbank. Assuming Mitera or Sbisa plays with Whitney and Wiz plays with Nieds.
Nobody would me a good pairing with Brookbank. He needs to improve his game, bad.

iLau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 03:36 PM
  #46
190Octane
Registered User
 
190Octane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Fullerton, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLau View Post
Nobody would me a good pairing with Brookbank. He needs to improve his game, bad.
Brookbank playing 8-10 minutes a game is okay... he's a cheap d-man who can eat up a few minutes and bring toughness.

190Octane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 03:36 PM
  #47
Talentless Practise*
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,244
vCash: 500
Nothing wrong with Brookbank as a 6th-7th dman.

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 03:38 PM
  #48
parrosfan16
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLau View Post
Nobody would me a good pairing with Brookbank. He needs to improve his game, bad.
I agree he needs to work on his game, but he stepped it up a notch during the playoffs.

parrosfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 03:38 PM
  #49
Dirk316
Registered User
 
Dirk316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, Ca
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 5,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLau View Post
Nobody would me a good pairing with Brookbank. He needs to improve his game, bad.
most of the season and all playoffs he was rock solid and got better each game, hes a young stay at home Dman with a mean streak. And now you decide to complain for some reason about him??
He is perfect for the bottom pairing

Dirk316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 03:40 PM
  #50
Fighter
Soviet Duck
 
Fighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Trieste, Italy
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,610
vCash: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spankatola Jamnuts View Post
I'd also feel a hell of a lot better with our bottom 6 if guys like Laperriere or Neil were in there. Our lower tier guys are really unimpressive or have horrible weaknesses. We have no real exceptional role players.
I'd LOVE to have Neil on the fourth line, he's physical and can score some points too. Problem is he turned down the Sens' offer of 1.7 millions. I wonder what is he searching for... 2+ millions? Good luck with that...

Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.