Notices

Rumor: Ducks trying hard to sign Beauchemin

Old
07-01-2009, 04:42 PM
Dirk316

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter View Post
I'd LOVE to have Neil on the fourth line, he's physical and can score some points too. Problem is he turned down the Sens' offer of 1.7 millions. I wonder what is he searching for... 2+ millions? Good luck with that...
well he turned it down because it was 1 year and hes probably seeking 3-5 year deal

Dirk316 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 04:46 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Bah, Laperriere signed with Philly. Son of a baby.

$1.17M per, I'd gladly have paid it.

Spankatola Jamnuts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 04:48 PM
190Octane

Murray thought the Niedermayer negotiations were tiring so he decided to take a little afternoon nap.

190Octane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 05:32 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by 190Octane View Post
Brookbank playing 8-10 minutes a game is okay... he's a cheap d-man who can eat up a few minutes and bring toughness.
The problem is that without Pronger, and possibly Beauchemin, the last pairing defensemen have to play significantly more than 8-10 minutes. Think more like 15.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 05:33 PM
Pwnasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spankatola Jamnuts View Post
Bah, Laperriere signed with Philly. Son of a baby.

$1.17M per, I'd gladly have paid it.
He is a guy I had always targeted for this team for a long time. He's like the good version of role players the Ducks always target.

Pwnasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 05:34 PM
190Octane

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
The problem is that without Pronger, and possibly Beauchemin, the last pairing defensemen have to play significantly more than 8-10 minutes. Think more like 15.
That depends on who is signed for the 3 slot and who factors into the 5 slot. There are still a lot of questions to be answered.

Old
07-01-2009, 05:35 PM
Crowdy
Co-founder, Crowdy

I'm pretty confident the Ducks will sign Beauchemin.

Crowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 06:14 PM
Ducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
I'm pretty confident the Ducks will sign Beauchemin.
I hope not, if he doesn't want to be here then he shouldn't be here. anything above 3 million for beauchemin is an overpayment.

Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 08:07 PM
caliamad

I think considering Komisarek only got 4.5 million, that drove Beach's value back down. My guess is he won't get the 4 million, and settles for 3.5.

I could live with that, but I'd rather spend the money on a more affordable short term UFA dman and get a better top 6 forward.

caliamad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 08:26 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 90
I'd offer Frankie 3. Maybe 3.2. We really can't afford to go more. I'm suspicious that he'd be actually worth more.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 09:02 PM
Fighter
Soviet Duck

vCash: 450
I'd rather use those money for a second line center than to sign Beauch. I like him, but no way he's worth that much.

Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 09:03 PM
Fighter
Soviet Duck

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk316 View Post
well he turned it down because it was 1 year and hes probably seeking 3-5 year deal
Yeah, probably for this reason, still we can't afford him.

Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 09:04 PM
justheducks

Send a message via AIM to justheducks
I like a 3 year 10.5 million dollar deal.
perfect amount for both parties!

justheducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 09:09 PM
Talentless Practise*

I wonder if Murray was at all interested in Zanon. 1.66 for 3 years seems like a great deal and he would have really helped solidify our defense for the next few years. I don't think he's all that worse than Beauch.

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 09:25 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Seems like he is looking around to see if anyone will give him 4 million or more..if not hopefully he will stay in anaheim for 3 to 3.5.

McDonald19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 10:23 PM
190Octane

It seems to me that he doesn't want to come back here.

Old
07-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Markus078

I know it will not happen but I would try to get Cam Barker. Chicago will face huge cap-problems next season and they have to do something right now. Maybe it can be done something like

Mikkelsson + Carter + 2nd 2010 for Barker

I mean, Mikkelsson will be #7 defensman here and I think Mitera is the one to take this spot. Further more Carter looks like he will never get a chance under Carlyle. Barker, sure has some downsides, but he is strong on the powerplay, something we need. And he also has some physical tools.

Markus078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 12:08 PM
Professor John Frink

Send a message via ICQ to Professor John Frink
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus078 View Post
I know it will not happen but I would try to get Cam Barker. Chicago will face huge cap-problems next season and they have to do something right now. Maybe it can be done something like

I mean, Mikkelsson will be #7 defensman here and I think Mitera is the one to take this spot. Further more Carter looks like he will never get a chance under Carlyle. Barker, sure has some downsides, but he is strong on the powerplay, something we need. And he also has some physical tools.
Trading for Barker doesn't due us a ton of good if he is asking for a lot of money as an RFA. It still leaves us with the issues we already have.

Also You would probably see Chicago not want to take on anyone with a 1 way deal(Carter). But something else to ponder is if one of our two first round picks are in play?

Professor John Frink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 12:10 PM
Professor John Frink

Send a message via ICQ to Professor John Frink
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19 View Post
Seems like he is looking around to see if anyone will give him 4 million or more..if not hopefully he will stay in anaheim for 3 to 3.5.
I read somewhere that he is expecting to get somewhere between 4-5 million. Now I don't know if him not signing yesterday means he wasn't getting offers he likes or he is deciding who he wants to sign with.

But I think it is safe to say if those numbers are correct he won't be coming back to Anaheim.(Fingers crossed)

Professor John Frink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 12:15 PM
190Octane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus078 View Post

Mitera as the 7th defenseman is a waste on many different levels. It's a waste of one of his ELC years, a waste of cap space and a waste of a year of development.

Old
07-02-2009, 12:23 PM
Pepper

Meh, I'm quite happy with the team as it is. I've accepted the fact that we're not contenders this season and Scotty will probably get traded to a conteder come trade deadline.

Also Giguere will not finish the season as a Ducks player, he could get traded even before the season starts. And that's just fine. Because even though Giggy is a top goalie, it just doesn't make sense to keep his 6M salary around if we're not contending.

Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 12:30 PM
Twindad*
Father of Twins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
Meh, I'm quite happy with the team as it is. I've accepted the fact that we're not contenders this season and Scotty will probably get traded to a conteder come trade deadline.

Also Giguere will not finish the season as a Ducks player, he could get traded even before the season starts. And that's just fine. Because even though Giggy is a top goalie, it just doesn't make sense to keep his 6M salary around if we're not contending.
I wouldn't say we're not contenders just yet, the trading and signings aren't finished yet.

Either way, if Scott thought we weren't contenders, he wouldn't have resigned (He could have went to any number of teams for more money)

If Murray thought that, I don't think he would be trying to make us better, same goes for Teemu, he wouldn't have came back if he didn't think he could win with this team.

Twindad* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 01:09 PM
Duck Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twindad View Post
I wouldn't say we're not contenders just yet, the trading and signings aren't finished yet.

Either way, if Scott thought we weren't contenders, he wouldn't have resigned (He could have went to any number of teams for more money)

If Murray thought that, I don't think he would be trying to make us better, same goes for Teemu, he wouldn't have came back if he didn't think he could win with this team.
Maybe he decided to sign because he was given a 6 million dollar contract and he did not have to relocate his family.

As for Teemu he did it purely for the love of the game and his commitment to the team and the fans. He is truly a unique person. He is one in a million.

Duck Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 02:59 PM
Pwnasaurus

I hear all this talk of dealing Giguere...what team is going to take a 6m goalie who had a down year last year? And which of those zero teams is Giggy going to waive his no trade for?

Pwnasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 03:18 PM
buddhalicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnasaurus View Post
I hear all this talk of dealing Giguere...what team is going to take a 6m goalie who had a down year last year? And which of those zero teams is Giggy going to waive his no trade for?
Toronto or Chicago.

buddhalicious is offline   Reply With Quote