HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Sign Donald Brashear, 2YR/1.4M Per

Old
07-07-2009, 09:10 PM
FromTheSide

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Since when did we need brashear to pummel cote? avery could pummel cote for F sake.

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 09:12 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalRanger View Post
Since when did we need brashear to pummel cote? avery could pummel cote for F sake.
LOL are you outta you mind? Cote loses to super heavyweights but he would kill Avery

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 09:36 PM
FromTheSide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
LOL are you outta you mind? Cote loses to super heavyweights but he would kill Avery
I hardly call Steve MacIntyre ,wade brookbank and Joel Rechlicz

"superheavyweights" and he lost all 3 of those.

Old
07-07-2009, 09:38 PM
Bobby Granger

Send a message via AIM to Bobby Granger
Brash needs to win me over. I undersand the deal made. But what he did to betts I just can't forget... He will have'ta charge pronger or somethin

Bobby Granger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 09:55 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:

They are heavyweights.. Cote is more like a LHW. He is only 6-1 220. But he has the balls to take on guys bigger than him. He gets beat often yeah but at least he is willing. Avery would get smoked by all of these guys.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 10:24 PM
FromTheSide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
They are heavyweights.. Cote is more like a LHW. He is only 6-1 220. But he has the balls to take on guys bigger than him. He gets beat often yeah but at least he is willing. Avery would get smoked by all of these guys.

Ok so what i read was, cote takes on bigger guys but still gets his ass handed to him,now what part of that tells me avery can't win against him in a fight?

Old
07-07-2009, 10:32 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Ok so what i read was, cote takes on bigger guys but still gets his ass handed to him,now what part of that tells me avery can't win against him in a fight?
Because Avery cannot take on heavyweights.. Cote has took on a lot of heavys in his hockey career and has beat some and lost to some. Size doesn't really matter that much in fighting. Domi and PJ Stock proved that. But Avery is not that good of a fighter. His fight card is weak. Avery would get beat by the top middleweights of the NHL.(Asham, Carcillo, Clarkson, etc.) So Avery squaring off against a Cote would be a slaughter. I am not saying Cote loses because his size. He loses because he has average to below average fighting skills. But i commend him for taking on anybody, anywhere, at any time. Laraque said Cote was the toughest guy in the league.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 11:04 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
How old are you? I ask because your extreme reaction to a guy who hasn't even played a single game for us yet leads me to believe you're pretty young. We've had cokeheads, (K. Stevens) Eyegougers (Purinton) Submarining knee assassins (Ulf Samuelsson) loafers who hung it up the second they signed their contract (Driver, Kamensky and alot of others) Side show clowns (Fleury and McCarthy) and bonafide loonies (Chris Simon) But somehow, Brashear disgraces the sweater more than nay of those men?
Well said, SML.

BTW, 20+ pages on a 4th liner? Really??? Must be the summer. When is the first "What's your favorite band" or "What's in you Ipod" thread go up?

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 05:42 AM
SML

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
Because Avery cannot take on heavyweights.. Cote has took on a lot of heavys in his hockey career and has beat some and lost to some. Size doesn't really matter that much in fighting. Domi and PJ Stock proved that. But Avery is not that good of a fighter. His fight card is weak. Avery would get beat by the top middleweights of the NHL.(Asham, Carcillo, Clarkson, etc.) So Avery squaring off against a Cote would be a slaughter. I am not saying Cote loses because his size. He loses because he has average to below average fighting skills. But i commend him for taking on anybody, anywhere, at any time. Laraque said Cote was the toughest guy in the league.
Cote is tough, there is no doubt in my mind about that. Anyone who takes the kind of poundings he takes and still laces up the skates to go do it again is definitely tough. He's built like a brick ****house and would pound Avery into dust. Cote loses to the real big boys, but he's still probably got 40 pounds on Avery.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 10:28 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:

Steve MacIntyre is a animal and yes he is a shw. Brookbank and Rechlicz are both above ave figthers and could beat anyone on any given day. This is what I mean people complain about having a fighter on their teams as fan but don't understand what the guy means to the team

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 11:50 AM
NYR Viper

The people who dont like having an "enforcer" type on this team must have forgotten what it was like before Orr was put in the lineup.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 02:32 PM
Salz

Lets not also forget the man got paid way to much. We shouldn't be giving over 1 mil per to a 4th line goon.

Salz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 03:01 PM
TheRedressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
The people who dont like having an "enforcer" type on this team must have forgotten what it was like before Orr was put in the lineup.
Seriously. I guess people don't remember the beginning of the 2005-2006 season when Ryan Hollweg was our enforcer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salz View Post
Lets not also forget the man got paid way to much. We shouldn't be giving over 1 mil per to a 4th line goon.
Brashear is not just a goon. He has shown in his career that he can take a regular fourth line shift like any player, which is probably worth around 850K. His extra 550K is for him being a top 2 enforcer in the league.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote