HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If Katsitsyn could be half as good as.........

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2004, 07:28 PM
kobe

vCash: 500
If Katsitsyn could be half as good as.........

If Andrei Katsitsyn could be half as good as Zherdev, i'd be very happy because Nikolai Zherdev is a sick sick player. He's simply awesome. No doubt, he would have won the Calder if he started the season in Columbus.

Old
03-26-2004, 07:31 PM
L3DZ3P

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe
If Andrei Katsitsyn could be half as good as Zherdev, i'd be very happy because Nikolai Zherdev is a sick sick player. He's simply awesome. No doubt, he would have won the Calder if he started the season in Columbus.
Actually no he wouldnt have won the Calder.There is a lot of scouts who said that Kastistyn was the guy with the best offensive upside.I just can't wait to see him play.

Old
03-26-2004, 07:45 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:

Sadly I haven't watched much of Zherdev in Columbus, but he didn't look very good in either of the games I saw for CSKA. Moyzakin outplayed both Zherdev and Kastsitsyn, as he was the best player in both games. He's a few years older though, but showed some major skills. On the small side though.

Zherdev seems to have a better all round game, as Kastsitsyn reminds me of a young Ribeiro, who just looked like a deer caught in headlights whenever he was playing in his own end. Both give the effort but just do not seem to understand that side of the game. Ribeiro has come a long way, so there's hope for Kastsitsyn.

Old
03-26-2004, 07:49 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
I have to agree with you, Zherdev is just awesome. I would love to have him as a HAB.

Old
03-26-2004, 07:50 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Sadly I haven't watched much of Zherdev in Columbus, but he didn't look very good in either of the games I saw for CSKA. Moyzakin outplayed both Zherdev and Kastsitsyn, as he was the best player in both games. He's a few years older though, but showed some major skills. On the small side though.

Zherdev seems to have a better all round game, as Kastsitsyn reminds me of a young Ribeiro, who just looked like a deer caught in headlights whenever he was playing in his own end. Both give the effort but just do not seem to understand that side of the game. Ribeiro has come a long way, so there's hope for Kastsitsyn.
In your opinion, what kind of player Kast can become. 20 goals scorer? 30 goals scorer? In how many year do you think he will get a shot with the Habs?

Old
03-26-2004, 07:55 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
In your opinion, what kind of player Kast can become. 20 goals scorer? 30 goals scorer? In how many year do you think he will get a shot with the Habs?

wow tough to say. His upside is off the charts. I would say that his upside is way up, 40+ goals in say 4-5 years. Yes he's that good, imo. But maybe I'm wrong and he turns into a bust, but the kid is all offense. He jumps on the puck and either makes very good passes, or fires a heavy shot on net, or can make some good moves (although I was most impressed with his passing, and his shot)

Old
03-26-2004, 09:24 PM
felixd

Actually if he wasn't injured and had started the year in chicago Tuomo Ruutu would easily be the calder winner. He has really been heating up in 04, he has been playing at a point per game level. Something like 32 points in 30 games, if anyone knows the real stats, I would be grateful.

Old
03-26-2004, 09:32 PM
db23

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd
Actually if he wasn't injured and had started the year in chicago Tuomo Ruutu would easily be the calder winner. He has really been heating up in 04, he has been playing at a point per game level. Something like 32 points in 30 games, if anyone knows the real stats, I would be grateful.
Ruutu did start the year in Chicago. He has played a full season. But he is a -30 or so for the year. Don't think he would be a Calder candidate.

Old
03-26-2004, 09:33 PM
Boardish

Ruutu has played 76 games. He has 39 pts, 18 goals and 21 pass

Old
03-26-2004, 09:34 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Tuomo Ruutu C 76 18 21 39 .....more than 32 games

Old
03-26-2004, 09:39 PM
Perez

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
Tuomo Ruutu C 76 18 21 39 .....more than 32 games
He ment in the last 32 games he's got 30 pts (or something close to that).

Old
03-26-2004, 09:39 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
i dont think so ive seen a fair bit of columbus games this year i dont think zherdev would have won the calder, he has amazing playmaking vision and great offencive sense but he also makes a tonne of mistakes and tries to get WAY too pretty, he's very one dimensional his finish is not good and he often goes for passing plays in scoring oppertunities.
he would not have won the calder this year, but dont get me wrong he is a special player with above avarage skills. watching him play he's alote like hemsky; only goes for passes, hemsky still hasnt grown out of this if zherdev doesnt expand his game he'll develope very slowly.

Old
03-27-2004, 12:08 AM
hockey_nut

Kast & Zherdev were considered the best offensive players in their draft... Kast should've gone in the top 5 (from what i've read), but his heath played a big factor

frankly, if doctor mulder says he's good... the kid is fine... he's one of the best doc's in sport

Old
03-27-2004, 10:33 AM
Habs4Life

Quote:
Talk about not going by the facts.....

As good as Zherdev is, he would of not won the calder this year!

Old
03-27-2004, 11:46 AM
felixd

Quote:
Originally Posted by db23
Ruutu did start the year in Chicago. He has played a full season. But he is a -30 or so for the year. Don't think he would be a Calder candidate.
Yeah but he was injured and this affected his play greatly. If he played the whole year like he is playing now(healthy), he would definitely be one of the top candidates.

He has 13G 16A for 29pts in the last 33 games.

Last edited by felixd: 03-27-2004 at 11:54 AM.
Old
03-27-2004, 11:57 AM
prabak11

Send a message via MSN to prabak11 Send a message via Yahoo to prabak11
Quote:
Yeah but he was injured and this affected his play greatly. If he played the whole year like he is playing now(healthy), he would definitely be one of the top candidates.

He has 13G 16A for 29pts in the last 33 games.
ah crap we should have drafted ruttu over komisarek freaking savard should have picked talent!! there are other hard hitting defencemen in the league! its rare to find talent like ruttu :mad:

oh well komi bettter turn into a hatcher or something like that... :p

Old
03-27-2004, 11:58 AM
Traitor8

I can't wait for Andrei Kostsitsyn to play for the Montreal Canadiens. I think he could become a more "work ethic" then guys ike Kovalev,Pavel Bure.. etc.

Old
03-27-2004, 01:55 PM
L3DZ3P

Regardez j'ai trouvé un article sur Sport Illustrated qui donne des mention d'honneur dans chaque aspect du jeu des prospects du dernier draft.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/hoc...ckeens_awards/
je ne sais pas si cela a déja été posté mais bon je prend une chance.L'article dit que Kostistyn a la meilleur détente (wrist shot) de tous les joueurs disponible,il a apparement le wrist shot le plus précis aussi!

Old
03-27-2004, 02:40 PM
Traitor8

Ouais, j'ai entendu que son wrist shot etait comme celui de Joe Sakic.

Old
03-27-2004, 02:42 PM
prabak11

Send a message via MSN to prabak11 Send a message via Yahoo to prabak11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
Ouais, j'ai entendu que son wrist shot etait comme celui de Joe Sakic.

wow that is amazing if his wrist shot is like sakic!

Old
03-27-2004, 02:44 PM
Traitor8

Best release: Andrei Kostitsyn

Capable of scoring with just a flick of the wrist, Kostitsyn can fire a one-timer while barely moving his hands. Quickest and most accurate shot in the draft.

Best vision: Corey Locke

Resurrected Matt Foy's career with his instinctive feeds and heads-up plays. Locke has the uncanny ability to anticipate the offensive play before it happens and he rarely overhandles the puck.

Old
03-27-2004, 02:48 PM
L3DZ3P

Verra j'ai hate de voir de quoi il a l'air!J'aurais aimé sa qu'il joue pour medicine hat cette saison.Au moin on aurait pu avoir une bonne idée de la valeur de ses statistiques.C'est difficile d'évalué un joueur quand il joue dans des ligues de tiers deux.

Old
03-27-2004, 02:48 PM
Aarex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
Best release: Andrei Kostitsyn

Capable of scoring with just a flick of the wrist, Kostitsyn can fire a one-timer while barely moving his hands. Quickest and most accurate shot in the draft.

Best vision: Corey Locke

Resurrected Matt Foy's career with his instinctive feeds and heads-up plays. Locke has the uncanny ability to anticipate the offensive play before it happens and he rarely overhandles the puck.
Just curious where you got this from

Old
03-27-2004, 02:59 PM
L3DZ3P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydified
Just curious where you got this from
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/ho...mckeens_awards/

Old
03-27-2004, 04:16 PM
Boardish

Was Kovalchuk putting better numbers than Katsitsyn in Russia? Are they comparable rookies (I mean, before being drafted) ?

Closed Thread